Bit Of A Yarn

Are there signs of cracks in the Cambridge AWT training ranks?

6 minutes ago, nomates said:

That would be the worst possible situation , i'm hoping it's more of a seasonal transition .

The problem seems to be scratchings. Some of the fields start out ok then half them scratch. There seem to be so many opportunities for the same class of horse in the north and they just accept all over then pick and choose. Draw outside 6 and they scratch. You hardly get scratchings in the South as they get so few opportunities.

2 hours ago, Doomed said:

Trainers have never really responded logically to stakes differences. The $15,000 maidens on Saturdays have generally been smaller and worse quality than $12,000 midweekers. And the 5 horse $30,000 races show what trainers think of them.

I'd venture to say most trainers are more concerned about where they are sending their horse (track) than the actual stakes on offer always being the inducement they are supposed to be.

We may be seeing the beginning of the impact stupid decisions have had on the venues available. or we may just be seeing  a covid bottleneck , I hope we are just seeing the change in timing of the HB carnival having an impact but I'm not confident of that either.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Huey said:

I'd venture to say most trainers are more concerned about where they are sending their horse (track) than the actual stakes on offer always being the inducement they are supposed to be.

I understand if Riccarton hadn't been shifted to Ashburton there would have been a revolt.

Interesting Te Akau scratched their horses at Te Rapa.

• Like 1