Bit Of A Yarn

Are there signs of cracks in the Cambridge AWT training ranks?

2 minutes ago, Huey said:

I'm "Positive" they'll say too much racing around after COVID!

Well only 80 for Taupo so a bit light there as well , probably get a few more now tho . 

As for too much racing after covid , they did just chuck a heap of meetings in a row , maybe they should have just sat down and looked at new programmes for some of the lesser meetings , more races , less racedays . 

9 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Well the AWT hasn't worked in keeping numbers up has it?

Well unlike some  others I have every faith the AWT will continue to be a success,  our leaders have told us so and have been open and transparent about their performance to date. 

I'm sure this is just a minor blip,  wait till Riccarton & Awapuni get up and running , then we will really know what success is!

• Champ Post 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Huey said:

Well unlike some  others I have every faith the AWT will continue to be a success,  our leaders have told us so and have been open and transparent about their performance to date. 

I'm sure this is just a minor blip,  wait till Riccarton & Awapuni get up and running , then we will really know what success is!

F@#k !! Those tapes really are working . 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

And 50% of the horse population are shitting their pants as those that don't/won't handle it face a very arduous pathway. Cue the attrition trainer.

This is going to be one of the issues Joe , Canterbury and the CD don't have the number of meetings that the northern region does which does allow horses the avenue of regular grass racing , in those other regions if there is an A/W meeting those horses who don't want to race on it are going to be forced to hang around waiting , especially in Canterbury .

Then how many owners that are in that position just say " feck it this is just isn't worth the bother anymore ", and either get out all together or get into horses up north or worse still Aus .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nomates said:

Then how many owners that are in that position just say " feck it this is just isn't worth the bother anymore ", and either get out all together or get into horses up north or worse still Aus .

Send them to David Browne if they have any talent. Looks like the poor bugger is stuck in OZ until after Christmas.  Yet another reason to wish Elephant all the best this afternoon.

5 minutes ago, nomates said:

This is going to be one of the issues Joe , Canterbury and the CD don't have the number of meetings that the northern region does which does allow horses the avenue of regular grass racing , in those other regions if there is an A/W meeting those horses who don't want to race on it are going to be forced to hang around waiting , especially in Canterbury .

Wait around for what grass track?  They are busy closing the good ones and Riccarton Turf is a lottery regardless of whether or not @Pitman is standing on the irrigation hose.

39 minutes ago, nomates said:

Absolutely NM, I was chatting to a mate who trains up at Toowoomba and he remarked the bloody track was a disaster, he's only got 4 horses in work, but back when they fell for the AWT he said none of his horses liked it, they ran on the pace, they all ended up with leg issues....eg, knees! and his peers all felt the same......As I said before, no-one, no-one picked up the phone and called the TTC.........why the fuck did they pull it up........no one was betting on the races, the city trainers didn't haul theirs up the hill for 2 hours and the track was a white elephant.......but no-one from NZTR.RB called......fucking no-one......what does that tell you about the intellect or lack of at Petone? If stupid was an olympic sport they'd be gold medalists.....FFS!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nomates said:

That's my point , if they try to use the Riccarton regularly then in the winter there wont be many grass track meetings programmed elsewhere .

That is the intention. It is planned to only race at Riccarton, and no where else in the South, for about 5 months of the year. Maidens and one win horses will race for $12,000 on the $15m facility. "Better" class horses will race for $40,000 on the bottomless bog track.

If someone on here had come up with that idea and said "Hey, I've got a bright idea, why don't we........", they would have been laughed off the place. To quote that TV add, "you're dreamin Jonesy".

Still, it will be a good training track to get horses ready for Spring racing, but they will have to keep Ashburton ready just in case the Riccarton turf isn't up to it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Absolutely NM, I was chatting to a mate who trains up at Toowoomba and he remarked the bloody track was a disaster, he's only got 4 horses in work, but back when they fell for the AWT he said none of his horses liked it, they ran on the pace, they all ended up with leg issues....eg, knees! and his peers all felt the same......As I said before, no-one, no-one picked up the phone and called the TTC.........why the fuck did they pull it up........no one was betting on the races, the city trainers didn't haul theirs up the hill for 2 hours and the track was a white elephant.......but no-one from NZTR.RB called......fucking no-one......what does that tell you about the intellect or lack of at Petone? If stupid was an olympic sport they'd be gold medalists.....FFS!

They were listening to the ones selling the project .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Doomed said:

That is the intention. It is planned to only race at Riccarton, and no where else in the South, for about 5 months of the year. Maidens and one win horses will race for $12,000 on the $15m facility. "Better" class horses will race for $40,000 on the bottomless bog track.

If someone on here had come up with that idea and said "Hey, I've got a bright idea, why don't we........", they would have been laughed off the place. To quote that TV add, "you're dreamin Jonesy".

Still, it will be a good training track to get horses ready for Spring racing, but they will have to keep Ashburton ready just in case the Riccarton turf isn't up to it.

But every trainer at those tracks are stoked , got great training tracks , they wont give a shit if they race on them , in fact the less racing the better , they will last longer for training .

10 minutes ago, nomates said:

But every trainer at those tracks are stoked , got great training tracks , they wont give a shit if they race on them , in fact the less racing the better , they will last longer for training .

You mean the AWTs or the Grass tracks, cause if its the Grass tracks they are that silly they'll probably try to sell them.