Bit Of A Yarn

Are there signs of cracks in the Cambridge AWT training ranks?

FWIW, Cambridge and Riccarton should be the same consistency, so a going stick should be viable......Pakenham and Geelong were different surfaces so no benchmark......Ballarat are now on line but there is still differing opinions......in theory I agree with you, it would help the punter but as the track wears the kickback becomes the 'elephant in the room'.

7 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

FWIW, Cambridge and Riccarton should be the same consistency, so a going stick should be viable......Pakenham and Geelong were different surfaces so no benchmark......Ballarat are now on line but there is still differing opinions......in theory I agree with you, it would help the punter but as the track wears the kickback becomes the 'elephant in the room'.

But I doubt that readings will be taken and ever published.  They'd be too afraid to discover that there is variability in what they have touted as a 100% consistent surface.  Maybe I'm just plain dumb but if you have to mechanically groom these tracks and there is variability in that operation then surely the track must vary.

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

But I doubt that readings will be taken and ever published.  They'd be too afraid to discover that there is variability in what they have touted as a 100% consistent surface.  Maybe I'm just plain dumb but if you have to mechanically groom these tracks and there is variability in that operation then surely the track must vary.

Stop making sense!

10 minutes ago, Huey said:

Scary think is come hell or highwater , they are going to do all they can (races,Trials, training etc) to make the AWT look a success.

Before they lay the Asphalt at Riccarton or Awapuni they should consider creating a Plan B.  Design the foundations to fit in with changing to a Strathayr turf track of the Polyfill is a fail.

All you would need is a liner between the gravel hard and the Polyfill.

LOL I always was a bob each way punter!

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

Before they lay the Asphalt at Riccarton or Awapuni they should consider creating a Plan B.  Design the foundations to fit in with changing to a Strathayr turf track of the Polyfill is a fail.

That would be brilliant if they did, should be a Strathayr at any rate, many smart people in the industry have said that than me. 

But can you honestly see them having a plan B?

19 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Maybe a plan b would be to race at Foxton and Washdyke.

1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

I think in the end these tracks may just end up being expensive all weather training tracks,is that a bad thing?

The concern is what damage they will cause to the industry in the meantime, we are only a small industry in nz.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeynz said:

I think in the end these tracks may just end up being expensive all weather training tracks,is that a bad thing?

When you are asking owners to take home 4K after winning race and deducting Raceday exes it is a bad thing, the travesty that is NZ racing is run by morons, unsolicited morons at that, if they were accountable it would be different outcomes. Today's Cartel Raceday is an example Mikey, using funds stolen form you and me and other good burgers that supported the industry over the years, makes me puke......sorry, but it does.........and I've just come home from the beach after swimming the dog in 24 degree water on a bright 30 degree summers morning........and I still feel pissed....off that is. Cmon, bring on Gore.....real racing on a real surface......and for decent stakes.......not obscene, just decent.

• Like 2

Gerry Harvey's blind drunk or illusional enlightened guests/buyers/punters Chief........the pay ups are huge, the noms and acceptances are mind boggling and of course MM tip in the residual.......the advertising/exposure is priceless........there are more drunks per square metre on sales days than Octoberfest in Munich!!.........trying to outdo each other's egos.....being egged on by trainers/bloodstock agents who don't give a fxxk cos they're playing with other peoples money.

• Like 1

Well if you've watched FB Live you would learn that trainers need to learn to how to train their horses on the AWT surfaces and apparently according to BS many are engaging with Australian trainers on how to do so, so thats cleared that up then. - The AWT are more popular than ever!

• Haha 2

You gallop them everyday, thats what you do,  call a few trainers up Toowoomba way, engage them, they'll see you right. Maybe Tom Dabernig will take time out to clue a few Kiwi's up, BS stands for something else besides a blokes initials, when it all goes tits up he'll be nowhere to be seen........betcha.

• Like 3