Bit Of A Yarn

O M G SPITFIRE

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

You on the piss Whiplash?  Or tagging for Forbury?

If you look back through my posts on Spitfire I've never bagged the horse.  Always said he wasn't that far off.

if you look back i always backed him, you have no idea about southern harness! I can see why scooby and the dwarf and you are a threesome now!   (stop crying over spilt milk)

I never once bagged the owner!

I bagged the logic of racing a horse who could not run a place in 50 starts!!!!!

Yes I probably bagged the trainer for having a horse  in the stable that just was not good enough to be racing!

You might say it has proven Brodie wrong in that it has nkw won 2 races!!

However the horse that has won its last two starts is totally not the same racing horse that I commented on!

This horse is racing like a totally different horse and something has changed clearly apart from just the location of training!

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

I never once bagged the owner!

I bagged the logic of racing a horse who could not run a place in 50 starts!!!!!

Yes I probably bagged the trainer for having a horse  in the stable that just was not good enough to be racing!

You might say it has proven Brodie wrong in that it has nkw won 2 races!!

However the horse that has won its last two starts is totally not the same racing horse that I commented on!

This horse is racing like a totally different horse and something has changed clearly apart from just the location of training!

yes you did and more! is your memory fading brodie? the late owner was a family friend, ask andrew about his training deficiencies face to face  brodie! 

37 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Well it's not exactly a FINE COTTON ring-in Brodie. You make it sound like someones being dishonest.

Horses all over the place have problems and behaviour issues until something is changed. It's NOT a major conspiracy . They may of well just pulled the hopples up a couple of inches to fill his gear better. He was going very rough at times. well worth trying.

Even open class horses have problems. Hands Down , Lord Module , Scotch Tar all rogues at times , went on to win the BEST NZ races going, but these examples were improved with headgear and SHOEING, which makes a great difference to some as well. for balance and coping with the Many hoof issues standardbreds have. quite a few have sore feet and tendons. 

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 2

1 hour ago, whiplash smile said:

yes you did and more! is your memory fading brodie? the late owner was a family friend, ask andrew about his training deficiencies face to face  brodie! 

Probably don’t have to Whiplash!

Andrew must be questioning his own abilities wouldn’t you think?

What do you put the dramatic improvements down to?

I have selective memory Whiplash, I remember the stuff worth remembering!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well it's not exactly a FINE COTTON ring-in Brodie. You make it sound like someones being dishonest.

Horses all over the place have problems and behaviour issues until something is changed. It's NOT a major conspiracy . They may of well just pulled the hopples up a couple of inches to fill his gear better. He was going very rough at times. well worth trying.

Even open class horses have problems. Hands Down , Lord Module , Scotch Tar all rogues at times , went on to win the BEST NZ races going, but these examples were improved with headgear and SHOEING, which makes a great difference to some as well. for balance and coping with the Many hoof issues standardbreds have. quite a few have sore feet and tendons. 

Well aware that horses improve in different stables and different training techniques!

The point I have always maintained is that if you can not run a place in over 50 starts, why on earth would you be bothered blowing tens of thousands of dollars on a horse that was not worth it!

It is good to see that the new Averos Spitfire has now won 2 races on the grass and racing with a will to win.

A far cry to its previous 4 seasons or so of unplaced racing!

It has been a bit of a journey for the horse, been entertaining and maybe Karrots could write a song or poem about the champ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Brodie said:

It has been a bit of a journey for the horse, been entertaining and maybe Karrots could write a song or poem about the champ?

Brods pls don't bring me into this herd fight. Been out all day, come back to see whats happening on here, fight & not with me involved phew. Nek Minnit my name comes up 😬

I know this is like an online comedy reality show, but I'm going to pop back over to another thread and post. Don't forget I got down-voted by Ludwig, 4-5 times in 3 ish weeks, INCLUDING on a Spitfire thread. When I had said I would unfollow due to getting disheartened. 

Even tho I never said owners should stop, used example as how I would feel. And had previously stated to you, that felt it was borderline mean-bullying towards ex-owners when the carry on about him went on. And was rooting for him to place. 

Don't want to get involved anymore in Spitty talk. Thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Brods pls don't bring me into this herd fight. Been out all day, come back to see whats happening on here, fight & not with me involved phew. Nek Minnit my name comes up 😬

I know this is like an online comedy reality show, but I'm going to pop back over to another thread and post. Don't forget I got down-voted by Ludwig, 4-5 times in 3 ish weeks, INCLUDING on a Spitfire thread. When I had said I would unfollow due to getting disheartened. 

Even tho I never said owners should stop, used example as how I would feel. And had previously stated to you, that felt it was borderline mean-bullying towards ex-owners when the carry on about him went on. And was rooting for him to place. 

Don't want to get involved anymore in Spitty talk. Thanks.

fair enuffz karrots, please dont take anything personally! we do like to moan and whinge! thats what makes this site great! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

To be fair Brodie two of those seasons it didn't race much at all.  Which would tend to indicate it had problems.  Anyone know what they were?

Probably lack of ability Chief!

It was amazing that it was persevered with

• 2 months later...