Bit Of A Yarn

O M G SPITFIRE

On a weekend when Group One Glory had already been attained by Kiwis in Australia,namely Stylish Memphis & Majestic Man,

then today at Oamaru came another momentous victory!

Aveross Spitfire,at start 59,broke his maiden status with a dashing victory.

Todays race eventually began after two false starts,and from a second row draw,it was not surprising to see The Spitfire settle at the rear.

Then midrace driver Jonny Cox set the 7yo gelding alight with speed he has rarely shown on raceday before.

He looped the field with purpose & strode to the lead.Turning for home,when most would have expected Spitfire to retreat,he in fact left his rivals gasping and Won Untested.

For Amber Hoffman and New Owners,this must have felt like a "Group One Victory" also.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Oh wow that is excellent 😃,

Persistancy and Determination , a true NZ quality that many at BOAY show through all  the threads !! 

I thought at times BOAY supporters here were 'On the Spitfires side" Chief was thinking of even a punt once !!??

more than those doubters Not , (Gammalite was skeptical)

so BOAY have pushed him to victory !!!(along with some other helpers like Johnny Cox)

Well done BOAY !!!  (oh ......and well done spitfire)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Excellent result for all concerned. And well done for ignoring the "advice" of those on this site who told you to stop racing the horse.

I'm not sure there would be many on BOAY that would hang in for 5 years and 60 starts!  I'm surprised no one isn't calling "foul" amid claims of cheating and sudden form reversals aligned to swings in tote odds!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

I thought at times BOAY supporters here were 'On the Spitfires side" Chief was thinking of even a punt once !!??

I did back it about 5 starts back and would have today but was out training youngsters to sail dinghy's.  

I think we must give full credit to Brodie for the cult following that Spitfire attracted.  I for one had never heard of the horse until Brodie brought it to our attention, our attention, our attention, our attention....

mad old school GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

I thought at times BOAY supporters here were 'On the Spitfires side" 

Yes I was. Not long after joining here late last year, I stated that I thought it was borderline bullying to connections of Spitty & would dis-engage from the convo until he had a placing. Said I was rooting for him, it only took 3 weeks to get back into the convo with a 3rd placing & did cartwheels.

Following there after numerous breaking up episodes & his last performance, I chose not to follow anymore & stated so. But wished the connections luck.

As I said patience just isn’t a top quality.

But hats off. Well done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Yes I was. Not long after joining here late last year, I stated that I thought it was borderline bullying to connections of Spitty & would dis-engage from the convo until he had a placing. Said I was rooting for him, it only took 3 weeks to get back into the convo with a 3rd placing & did cartwheels.

Following there after numerous breaking up episodes & his last performance, I chose not to follow anymore & stated so. But wished the connections luck.

As I said patience just isn’t a top quality.

But hats off. Well done.

Where does the expression rooting for him come from😆

Just now, Chief Stipe said:

I might be wrong but he seems to have less gear on him now than he did earlier.  

Ha Ha Ha. If he was filled with helium and had a jet attached to his arse, he still would not have won like that.

Makes me laugh, everytime a horse improves, trainers say it is because of the beach training😬😬😬

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Ha Ha Ha. If he was filled with helium and had a jet attached to his arse, he still would not have won like that.

Makes me laugh, everytime a horse improves, trainers say it is because of the beach training😬😬😬

So in YOUR expert opinion why the improvement?'

Or are you just going to say that Amber Hoffman is a cheat?  

7 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So in YOUR expert opinion why the improvement?'

Or are you just going to say that Amber Hoffman is a cheat?  

You need to chill a little, just asking the question. Many have asked the same about unusual winning performances, and as we know, sometimes we know the real reason. 

1 minute ago, Newmarket said:

You need to chill a little, just asking the question. Many have asked the same about unusual winning performances, and as we know, sometimes we know the real reason. 

Yes but you ask the question (cast stones) all the time more often than not without any evidence.  You throw so many stones that eventually you hit a target.

32 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Beach training does help a lot of horses to relax and enjoy life. Helps people too ! recommended.

It was only a field of NON WINNERS so why can't he win like that? , moderate 59.2 last half mile.

The second Placegetter today, hadn't been closer than 7TH in it's 7 runs prior to date? so No world beater,

good enough to beat the rest of the mob today though.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2