Bit Of A Yarn

Unheralded Harness Heartland

Happy Sunrise

On 26/06/2018 at 12:57 PM, Flagship uberalles said:

Im not 100% sure, but were either Gavin Hampton or henry skinner big boned? I have some vague memory as a kid seeing them when they ventured north to Alex park early 80's, but could have been puffy silks back then!

Don't think either Gavin or Henry would be what you would call big boned. Both would have been on the shorter side and I think Henry may have been a jockey before getting into harness racing.

19 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Had handy type called Big Idea in the 80s. His daughter Marie Price , didn’t she have good trotter So Long Eden? Thought she trained and drove it early on, but I could be wrong 

Pretty sure Marie drove so long Eden. Can't remember who the trainer was. Although I think it was a female and I think "ping" was her partner.

4 minutes ago, Richie said:

Fella Korotschuk wasnt it?For some reason I remember him being involved

Korotschuk was the name I was trying to remember before. Wasn't he joy miller of SoLong Eden's partner?

he may have been one of the ones pissing up after mot workouts but he definately didn't fire the gun. It was 30 years ago how about we leave it in the past and not name innocent names in this incident.

46 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Korotschuk was the name I was trying to remember before. Wasn't he joy miller of SoLong Eden's partner?

he may have been one of the ones pissing up after mot workouts but he definately didn't fire the gun. It was 30 years ago how about we leave it in the past and not name innocent names in this incident.

korotschuk was millers partner your right blossom

It was the Mot. Trainer John Sheenan’s Dad unfortunately, think he has passed on years ago

Inoocent man shot and killed trying to stop an argument.

Gun should never have been on course, always going to end in tears when someone loads a gun.

• Champ Post 1

12 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

probably closer to 20 years ago

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

So refresh my memory, I don’t need names. 

An argument after the races, someone brings gun, shoots person trying to stop argument? 

Basically the way it was Newmarket.

Bit of alcohol, Mr Sheenan got in argument with a fellah, Mr Sheenan goes home and gets rifle and loads it.

Goes back to Mot. And continues argument.

Innocent fellah gets in between Mr Sheenan and the fellah he was arguing with, and he gets shot dead.

Never should have had a rifle oncourse let alone loaded and someone is killed after a day at the races.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1
  • Sad 1