Bit Of A Yarn

The start of aw racing

Already upon the disgruntled mob, synthetic racing is now underway. Already more questions will be raised, I have one already what is the going of the surface 4.4 makes no sence, is it slow, standard or fast. Also will there be a separate championship for this kind of racing ?? 

1 hour ago, Nostradamus said:

Already upon the disgruntled mob, synthetic racing is now underway. Already more questions will be raised, I have one already what is the going of the surface 4.4 makes no sence, is it slow, standard or fast. Also will there be a separate championship for this kind of racing ?? 

I wasn't aware we had a grass track championship series....unless you are referring to the annual Racing Awards, which isn't quite the same thing.

I thought the surface looked pretty firm.

Guest Whyisit
27 minutes ago, nomates said:

Bernard Saundry a bit of a proud peacock , says these tracks will be used fro midweek racing and Sat's will be grass track racing , so i hope they are going to put on plenty of mdns on Sat's for the mdns that require wet tracks .

Not all winter horses are capable of running 1m.10s equivalent time. Might be interesting a few meetings down how trainers will put their horses up on the surface. Looks great for the firm trackers seems to be racing fairly.

37 minutes ago, Huey said:

How much are the presenters going out of their way to claim this is the best thing ever!

There ain't that many new innovations in racing these days,I watched  the first 2 races and came to conclusion it's just another raceday,if I cant pick winners on grass what difference will it be on any other surface .

Seriously though probably in a area like the Waikato it is a alternative for some and it's not affecting any other club,Riccarton on the other the taking of licences of one club in particular dont agree with that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Whyisit said:

Not all winter horses are capable of running 1m.10s equivalent time. Might be interesting a few meetings down how trainers will put their horses up on the surface. Looks great for the firm trackers seems to be racing fairly.

Murrey Baker summed it up perfectly when Rodders asked him how his horses would go , he just if they handle it they will keep coming back every 2 weeks , simple .

10 minutes ago, nomates said:

Murrey Baker summed it up perfectly when Rodders asked him how his horses would go , he just if they handle it they will keep coming back every 2 weeks , simple .

Horses 4 courses,simple suits some,dont suit some others.

I only tuned in the for the last race.  I wish I hadn't.....all the gush was a bit much!

So George Simon starts his commentary for the last with - "The day draws to an end for what is a great day in history for Cambridge Jockey Club and New Zealand Racing....."

Mmmm could rearrange those words!

How many times did Rodley bang on about this "historic day"?  Geez I won't know when the Quarter Horses from USA, the gallops from Korea/Japan end and when Cambridge begins!

Soon we will have three of these meetings nearly every week!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I only tuned in the for the last race.  I wish I hadn't.....all the gush was a bit much!

So George Simon starts his commentary for the last with - "The day draws to an end for what is a great day in history for Cambridge Jockey Club and New Zealand Racing....."

Mmmm could rearrange those words!

How many times did Rodley bang on about this "historic day"?  Geez I won't know when the Quarter Horses from USA, the gallops from Korea/Japan end and when Cambridge begins!

Soon we will have three of these meetings nearly every week!

In a year or twos time,maybe sooner the novelty will wear off.

56 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I only tuned in the for the last race.  I wish I hadn't.....all the gush was a bit much! BULL SHIT

Mmmm could rearrange those words! GREAT DAY FOR NEW ZEALAND RACING AND CAMBRIDGE JOCKEY CLUB!!!

How many times did Rodley bang on about this "historic day"?  Geez I won't know when the Quarter Horses from USA, the gallops from Korea/Japan end and when Cambridge begins! What a stupid ignorant comment

Soon we will have three of these meetings nearly every week! So whats wrong with that

At least you are consistent, I suppose. Consistently negative.

I have spoken to a couple of people who attended todays racing, nothing but positivity about the day. I guess it's just easy to sit at home and be critical of everything.

I thought Winston's interview was just great, the negative doomsayers will not agree. 

Congrats to Cambridge JC dreams do turn in to reality, I am so looking forward to the magnificent training facilities we will have at Riccarton, yes!!!

Dreamer that I am

I watched the first 6 or so races and thought it was good racing, better than I predicted to be honest, I expected leaders to kick off the turn and give other no chance from behind.  Sure it will have its place.  Still love the wet tracks during winter that gives a different pool of horses and training types their day in the sun. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

Would you rather watch today's racing at Cambridge or Heavy 11 racing at Rotorua, where horses are struggling to pick up their feet?

That isn't the key critical question here.  We now have THREE of them.  How will they pay their way?   How will they contribute to fixing our spring to autumn turf tracks?

38 minutes ago, Pitman said:

At least you are consistent, I suppose. Consistently negative.

I have spoken to a couple of people who attended todays racing, nothing but positivity about the day. I guess it's just easy to sit at home and be critical of everything.

I thought Winston's interview was just great, the negative doomsayers will not agree. 

Congrats to Cambridge JC dreams do turn in to reality, I am so looking forward to the magnificent training facilities we will have at Riccarton, yes!!!

Dreamer that I am

Pitty you've been talking it up for decades and all we've seen are things going backwards (including some of your horses).

I realise business planning and cost benefit isn't one of your strong points but surely even you can lay your hands on the AWT business case and cost projections?

If this last throw of the dice works then I'll be the first to congratulate those that actually did something (a group which you aren't actually in otherwise you would know more than dreams and marketing hype).

I watched it and after a couple of races it was what I expected, very boring racing. 

I hope it works out for all concerned and if others enjoy it then good luck to them, it needs to work out for the industry sake.

The coverage today was like watching an infomercial for NZ racing though, hopefully they cool it a bit on the hype.

I hope everyone isn't going early crow too .

Here is hoping for all concerned its the racing nirvana its made out to be.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Huey said:

I watched it and after a couple of races it was what I expected, very boring racing. 

I hope it works out for all concerned and if others enjoy it then good luck to them, it needs to work out for the industry sake.

The coverage today was like watching an infomercial for NZ racing though, hopefully they cool it a bit on the hype.

I hope everyone isn't going early crow too .

Here is hoping for all concerned its the racing nirvana its made out to be.

The pools were no larger than any other midweek meeting , just another MEH ! Wednsday Autumn raceday . I hope their just not relying on this being a game changer , because it simply isn't going to be , no matter how much people hype it up . 

I really want something or someone to turn NZ racing around , not the great as it used to be , just turn the flow and maybe start improving , but it aint this .

They can hype it up as much as they want and talk about being positive but the reality is being realistic will get us further .

• Like 3