Bit Of A Yarn

Jewels stakes

Ludwig

4 minutes ago, Jones said:

Have to agree with you here Brods, I don't have facts, so could be wrong but get the feeling it is in decline unfortunately, so enjoy the sport while we still have it. Enjoy the JEWELS, enjoy the racing we currently have, appreciate and enjoy it. 

Roll on Jewels 😄

I will watch the replays but wont watch live, that way I can fast forward all the pre race Crap and after match tongueing!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Sadly, Mr Brodie, is not my new bestie. Rather it's the one who bites. I love them.

So you come on here to troll and bully people. Hmm. Galahs mate not sure this is who you think it is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Gamma, reality is that racing is struggling in NZ, despite several saying that turnover is increasing blah blah!

If you have any financial nous you will be able to work it out!

Forbury racing for $7k Thursday night!

The turnover on harness is nowhere near high enough to be able to pay for the current stakes being laid, even though they are very poor in general!

Yes I know it is Brodie being negative, but Brodie telling it the way it actually is!

Yes I have often said I know plenty that won't bet on harness racing (but for different reasons than you have)

I put dollars on NZ trotting as the feature races are very easy to pick out the chances. 

NZ races are way more entertaining than the local Australian product  because you have variety (and still an entertainment value with the Sunday grass track trots for families /tourists to attend as well as the horse owners . a very good thing.

Stakemoney is poor across the board compared to gallopers so makes it hard to race one these days because of the expense's and the prestige has evapourated as well. so just a select group of 'richer' owners or hobby breeders, race them Brisbane , or NZ in the main.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Gamma, not warm enough over in NZ at the moment for melt downs, that is what happens in OZ!
Gamma yes you can live in the past with harness racing in NZ, which was great!

However, things continue to go down hill for a variety of reasons!

Reality is that the NZ TAB doesnt care about harness racing as it is a liability to them, they are surviving on Sports betting which costs them very little, to pay their salaries!

hahaha yeah! they have some hot patches here at times. Had a share of big melts for sure!. lol....NZ always very nice. I realise that you see a lot of things there (not just harness racing) like covid effect, TAB betting, government that annoy you greatly , the way they are run.

I guess things fade out like an old typewriter, and new stuff takes over. (like Sportsbetting and pokies have done to harness) 

'Harness in the past 'was brilliant and I do live in the past with it . But still for the moment ,might as well go for /support the product as it is churned out. Jewels Day is better then No Jewels Day anyway. Some FINE horses on display !!!!!!  very nice. 

I need to get AKUTA off JJFlash somehow, in the sweep to make the day more profitable. lol.......

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

Still gambling and still boring racing!

Personally wouldnt be bothered offloading anything on the day, far rather have a day out than watch that shite!

Seeing on TV the Cullen/Purdon//Rasmussen stable owners sticking their tongues down each other!!!

You don't have to watch the races mate. You can still punt and look at your improved TAB balance later. Have a go mate!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

I will watch the replays but wont watch live, that way I can fast forward all the pre race Crap and after match tongueing!

You can watch the races on the TAB site mate. That's what I do. Tune in a 30sec before start time, you miss all the crap, it's great.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Taupiri Wonder said:

Have wondered what Brodie looks like/never imagined it was anything like LANCELOT LINK.😜

tab struggling too and feeling like they are way more than one step behind this crafty punter

has more disguises than i've had boil ups

Edited by Rangatira

33 minutes ago, Davis said:

You don't have to watch the races mate. You can still punt and look at your improved TAB balance later. Have a go mate!

Oh & Brods if he hasn't already can take part in our BOAY selections comp, comp closes next Sat nite. Get your $10 in under Karrots Jewels comp. Can win a bet can be a place bet whatever you chose, which Chief will put on your selected horse in race 8 or race 9 with the prize money. AND you will get BOAY JEWELS bragging rights. The prize money helps contribute to the overall Jewels turnover. Winner takes all. 

WHO will take out the crown for the JEWELS BOAY SELECTIONS comp? 

Edited by Jones
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Davis said:

I hope your horse gets a start mate. Go Sugar Apple. 

Latest update, Iv got news, Davis and Brods, wee Sugar Apple is IN! My allocated BOAY 2 y-o horse is IN. Can you believe it! Was at the bottom of the 2 y-os, BUT who cares is in now. None of TOP 9 have not pulled out. They ALL still IN, its the others lower 10-12. HEHE. Wonder if they will start him ... Hope so. Why not. Take the starter $ & already in North AND Karrots will get some points on the board for our fun game comp. Jonesy can be on him too if he starts as Jonesy doesn't have any horses. 

Ok no more Jewels talk until the draw is out tomorrow. Check this out, had to share just WOW excellent stuff Cambridge Raceway and Cambridge Jockey Club 👍 As per both Facebook pages.

COLOURS PROMOTION
At our racemeeting in Racecourse Road on the Polytrack on Wednesday, 2 June, the Cambridge Jockey Club, in conjunction with the Cambridge Raceway, we'll be staging a promotion whereby one runner in each race will wear the yellow Jewels Colours.

After acceptances this Saturday, a horse will be drawn and selected, with the permission of the owners and trainer from each race, to wear the yellow Jewels Colours. All connections will receive two complimentary tickets to the Speight’s Summit Ultra Sports Bar for wearing the colours.

If the chosen horse is in the first three, a bonus will be paid (to be split between the owner and trainer) as follows:

1st $4,000

2nd $2000

3rd $1,000

"Winning starts with beginning"

Winning starts with beginning? 14 horses in the last race I bet on and unfortunately they dont count jaffa princesses as currency! Go to the jewels , drink that wine! your positivie aspect does not create a revolutionist adverse affect  on betting turnover?

Take your ten dollars and ??????

Punters and Dreamers frequent this site (JJ flash quote) coming

1 hour ago, whiplash smile said:

Nothing wrong with punting Whippy , it sort of helps support the racing industry as we all know.

and Definitely Nothing wrong with Dreaming....... Karrots dreaming of winning a Jewels with her Sweet Lou colt. Let's hope dreams come true......... and occasionally they do.

JJ flash 'on the money' again there, if that's his quote. Add in this :  Live Simply, Dream BIG, Be grateful, Laugh Lots !!

• Like 1

On 25/05/2021 at 6:23 PM, Brodie said:

Punting wise, it is  a write off for the serious punters!

Is that why they have large turnovers? You do talk illogical nonsense at times.

On 25/05/2021 at 9:36 PM, Brodie said:

Reality is that the NZ TAB doesnt care about harness racing as it is a liability to them,

Where do you get this rubbish from- without NZTAB HRNZ would get none of the million dished out every year from TABs proceeds

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Nothing wrong with punting Whippy , it sort of helps support the racing industry as we all know.

and Definitely Nothing wrong with Dreaming....... Karrots dreaming of winning a Jewels with her Sweet Lou colt.

Fillies Gamms, 2 Sweet Lou fillies hehe. Yes great to dream. DREAM BIG.

3 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

jaffa princesses as currency! Go to the jewels , drink that wine! your positivie aspect does not create a revolutionist adverse affect  on betting turnover?

But you did not know that I caught up with a journo friend this week, that works for the Waikato Times. When what are you doing Queens Bday weekend came up, I said "going to the races". They responded "oh the Jewels". I said "YES"! "How do you know about the Jewels". They said that their "xyz always goes and loves it, great day out". 

I planned to suggest a positive article prior the Jewels, BUT as they already knew about the Jewels and didn't seem to take any hints, left it specifically saying about doing a positive article. (A positive article would garner interest and participation and onsite numbers, which would therefore YES result in a higher turnover). 

Not going to engage anymore with you while you are in this state Whippy of insulting multiple posters on here. Will await til you have calmed down. 

3 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

Can you refresh my memory as to when i posted that. Dont worry as you said a few hours back you were departing this site after your usual abusive posts

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

As i didn't know i had it - its yours Gamma. Did you enjoy its brilliant win last start and the $2.20 it rewarded us who unloaded

You're on a winner there JJ , and got the Luck of the draw to from Karrots with a good one . ya betta keep him. AKUTA looks home for all money in the 2 yearold jewel as he is something special ! enjoy the ride !!.

I'm looking forward to seeing if someone can take it up to KRUG in the 3 yearold. a double derby colt . he is good. can he win again?

BAD TO THE BONE has come back big and strong with 2 x 2nds to Copy That this month . just won 4 races on the trot at Menangle NSW recently, so is really Powering up now. Reckon I'd try and get in the face of the KRUG camp this Friday with BAD2Bone and serve it up to them a bit , and get in their head a bit before jewels day??

but Zac will probably give B2B a 'quiet run' this Friday at Auckland in preparation for the Jewels I guess?  Gammalite not ever having a quiet run, ever, doesn't believe in that , so would be Up him for the rent.. lol...........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jones said:

Fillies Gamms, 2 Sweet Lou fillies hehe. Yes great to dream. DREAM BIG

Fillies !! yes of course !  not a dashing colt at all sorry. hope the naming is going well.

Maybe you could name her WINX or MELODY BELLE that would trick a few lol.....the name DREAM BIG already gone to a trotter not long ago which is a shame.

How about 'Gamma Glamour',  or    'Yabba Dabba Gamma',  or  'GoGo GammaGirl" ?  lol. sounds a winner to me.!!! lol

I wouldn't run with 'WHIPLASH SMILE' , she might get a bit erratic?.

'BRODIE' can be a girls name???? but  horse ''BRODIE Lindenny' never fired a shot in three Waikato starts this year , so probably be dodging 'Brodie' in the naming stakes, if you want to have actual good luck. lol.....

• Haha 2