Bit Of A Yarn

Where the slower ALLSTARS go to build Up some Speed

47 minutes ago, Jones said:

Because what I also observed with that was the number of the horses that broke down. Remember once compiling a list & it was long.

I noted too that other stables were not getting the same amount of break downs at top level, in-fact hardly any.

I do think that is a little bit guess work Jonesy.

Every stable has unsound runners , it's a percentage thing. A certain percentage of any stables runners are possibly going to develop unsoundness issues. is only normal for high performance Athletes under pressure, and travelling at speed. every stable has horses you treat tendons, etc, etc...

I was lucky enough to see first hand some of the best of a great era at, Vinny Knights. Two of his near champions were quite un-sound but always went HUGE races and won some big ones and tried their guts out. . BAG LIMIT and SINBAD BAY , was a real shame , as they could/ would of been Top of the world.

Vinny's actual best horse ever POPULAR ALM snapped a bone in a rear hoof ( I think because of his brilliant thrusting action where he tried that hard ,that he actually broke stuff), 

These great stables treat their horses like 'gold' and am sure nothing 'suspect' is done to risk injury.

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Every stable has unsound runners , it's a percentage thing. A certain percentage of any stables runners are possibly going to develop unsoundness issues. is only normal for high performance Athletes under pressure, and travelling at speed. every stable has horses you treat tendons, etc, etc...

I was lucky enough to see first hand some of the best of a great era at, Vinny Knights. Two of his near champions were quite un-sound but always went HUGE races and won some big ones and tried their guts out. . BAG LIMIT and SINBAD BAY , was a real shame , as they could/ would of been Top of the world.

Vinny's actual best horse ever POPULAR ALM snapped a bone in a rear hoof ( I think because of his brilliant thrusting action where he tried that hard ,that he actually broke stuff), 

These great stables treat their horses like 'gold' and am sure nothing 'suspect' is done to risk injury.

Everyone always says the faster horses are more likely to break down,but is that backed up by actual research? As i've mentioned before,a european study which involved  good numbers said that it was not a major factor and listed track surfaces,gait(often breeding related),training groudwork,medications given,all of more importance than speed.

I've always thought the "good horses are more likely to break down" theory  is just an excuse as to why a certain high profile stable has these issues. If they didn't have that excuse,then they would have to look at the real reasons,and supporters of that stable don't go there.

Isn't it obvious. If you can get any athlete to perform where the restrictions from the natural pain barrier or body performance, don't kick in when they should,then you increase the likelihood of injury. That is why the all stars have had so many high profile horses have injuries in my opinion. 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gammalite said:

do seem to have a lot of funny thing go wrong with there horses . bad virus that blow all there horses necks up . sore feet that they cannot race but 3 days later can run race records at the workouts. can win golden nugget in Perth with lame horse

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jones said:

I

So from that I can’t see how they are doing anything untoward or against the rules. The Aladdin decline in form was a stand out to me. The only one recently after the rule change. Of course there could of been a number of reasons for that. Hence I’m not saying they were or are cheating. 

The drop in Alladin's form is easily explained. P. Blanchard had success for a short time during the "milk shake" era. Since then, his wins have been sporadic. 

• Like 2

What would the all stars property be worth these days. Must be a lot given its prime position as rolleston has rapidly expanded around it.

I have just been reading an article on stuff about some web site selling sections in rolleston crashing today due to excess demand,leaving hundreds of would be section buyers disappointed. Last week i happened to pass through rolleston,and struck up a conversation with a customer in the bank about the cost of sections. Don't know how accurate he was,but he seemed insistent that what he said was true. He said there are no sections for sale in rolleston,that only the developers could get them. He told me he paid $195,000 12 months ago for a section,but they had gone up about 65% more,saying one next to his which he described as very small had just sold for $325,000. He said he sold his house in rolleston 3 months ago,had expected to get just over gv,and was amazed that he got $120,000 over gv within 2 days.. He called his house sale a mad frenzy,with 56 different buyers expressing genuine interest in the property. He was loath to guess how much it would have gone up in the 3 months since he sold it. He called the housing market in rolleston crazy.

He said down the road there were over 1000 new sections in lincoln,but unless you were a developer you would not be able to buy one.

I also know you if you want to buy 10 hectares of bare land somewhere in the country,say 20 minutes from christchurch the real estate agents will say you need close to $700,000. Imagine someone wanting to set them selves up to become a trainer. Virtually unobtainable without a major benefactor.That is part of the reason why harness racing will decline in years to come. 

32 minutes ago, the galah said:

What would the all stars property be worth these days. Must be a lot given its prime position as rolleston has rapidly expanded around it.

I have just been reading an article on stuff about some web site selling sections in rolleston crashing today due to excess demand,leaving hundreds of would be section buyers disappointed. Last week i happened to pass through rolleston,and struck up a conversation with a customer in the bank about the cost of sections. Don't know how accurate he was,but he seemed insistent that what he said was true. He said there are no sections for sale in rolleston,that only the developers could get them. He told me he paid $195,000 12 months ago for a section,but they had gone up about 65% more,saying one next to his which he described as very small had just sold for $325,000. He said he sold his house in rolleston 3 months ago,had expected to get just over gv,and was amazed that he got $120,000 over gv within 2 days.. He called his house sale a mad frenzy,with 56 different buyers expressing genuine interest in the property. He was loath to guess how much it would have gone up in the 3 months since he sold it. He called the housing market in rolleston crazy.

He said down the road there were over 1000 new sections in lincoln,but unless you were a developer you would not be able to buy one.

I also know you if you want to buy 10 hectares of bare land somewhere in the country,say 20 minutes from christchurch the real estate agents will say you need close to $700,000. Imagine someone wanting to set them selves up to become a trainer. Virtually unobtainable without a major benefactor.That is part of the reason why harness racing will decline in years to come. 

galah get the bulldozer 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

If he sold his home $120k over GV in 2 days, then I would be thinking that he may well have undersold it!

Truth of the matter is that even though this Labour government is totally incompetent, they are making some people millions in Capital Gain!!! 

Every bit of meddling in housing they are doing is only increasing prices!

They really should stick to what they have an idea about, shit that leaves nothing!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, the galah said:

The question that should be asked is what are the Industry Assets - Addington and Riccarton worth?  

What would selling Riccarton make in capital that could have been spent on some shyte land and a purpose built horse racing asset built.

13 hours ago, the galah said:

The All Stars property on Jones Road would be worth a lot of if subdivided. Rolleston and surrounding areas are expanding rapidly. I drive out to Leeston regularly and there are new houses sprouting everywhere out that way. But the part of Jones Rd where All Stars located does not have many homes so perhaps it is a green belt area? Section prices seem reasonable to me in that part of Canterbury compared with other areas of the country. House prices are soaring Galah, despite the efforts of financial wizard Grant Robertson who promised his new measures would control them. House prices have soared in the past 12 months to historical highs thanks to government policies. 

I understand what you mean about land for trainers and you are probably right.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Davis said:

The All Stars property on Jones Road would be worth a lot of if subdivided. Rolleston and surrounding areas are expanding rapidly. I drive out to Leeston regularly and there are new houses sprouting everywhere out that way. But the part of Jones Rd where All Stars located does not have many homes so perhaps it is a green belt area? Section prices seem reasonable to me in that part of Canterbury compared with other areas of the country. House prices are soaring Galah, despite the efforts of financial wizard Grant Robertson who promised his new measures would control them. House prices have soared in the past 12 months to historical highs thanks to government policies. 

I understand what you mean about land for trainers and you are probably right.

I understand that the AllStars land is under the flightpath!,

If this remains I would be very surprised if it got approval for subdivision!

Who in any right state of mind would build under that nowadays?

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

I understand that the AllStars land is under the flightpath!,

If this remains I would be very surprised if it got approval for subdivision!

Who in any right state of mind would build under that nowadays?

So your saying the zoning of the ground currently has restricted use? Won't a developer just get the zoning changed. Isn't that how it works. Given the housing development that has gone on all around,and right beside the all stars property,you would think they are sitting on a gold mine if they wanted to cash up or move.

Edited by the galah

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Hunter why do you insist on fishing for people's real identities?

Hunts it is you, it is you, why you sneaky little fart (endearing term). I wondered why Paleface knew a lot about posters history e.g. JJ doesn't have PM. But figured that Paleface may just have been silently following site, so said nothing. You def tricked me with your Aussie this & Aussie wa-wa annoying stuff, had me thinking you were an Aussie. 

But now I think of something else and it is YOU.  

Here I was sometimes missing your posts & Ranga's posts & you were here all along. Sneaky, sneaky. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, the galah said:

So your saying the zoning of the ground currently has restricted use? Won't a developer just get the zoning changed. Isn't that how it works. Given the housing development that has gone on all around,and right beside the all stars property,you would think they are sitting on a gold mine if they wanted to cash up or move.

Hard to get the planes to fly elsewhere I wouldve thought and do not think existing subdivisions would appreciate it!!

All to do with noise levels, and think it is doubtful it will be changed.

May happen but wouldve be given odds on it.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:20 PM, paleface adios said:

wtf are you on about CHIEF STIPE.  what have you been smoking in that pipe 

Yes Chief, figured from you post that you must of seen the same IP address. So from that, thought about it & thought of all the similarities & other things to think it is same person. 

e.g. Hunts a regular poster goes without a trace & magically Paleface appears a new regular poster, Hunts/Pale both give Ranga a hard time, & both had a lil crack shot at Gamms, Pale seems to know quickly how to use site & knows posters history, both post prior yesterday mainly in 1 or 2 sentences, both use the bad post button, both share a seemingly dislike for All Stars & also both share a seemingly strong like for Jones family. Both PM in the same manner & both leave the conversation in same manner. You know Gamms the type of messages that you & Karrots used to get. 

BUT it could all be a coincidence. Oh the plot thickens. 

• Confused 1