Bit Of A Yarn

Where the slower ALLSTARS go to build Up some Speed

A great day of racing coming at Sunny Redcliffe near Brisbane is where.

Tonight we have 10 races over a 947m race distance with 5 horses per race !  Some think 'the short mile' racing is boring. Try this Out then .

Being marketed as TrotRods as opposed to HotRods. doing a fast dash.

There are 3 'reject' Allstars able to get a run . VIRGIL (3 wins from 14 starts including a Group2 for Allstars) is up against HAVING THE FAITH ( 1 win from 3 at Allstars) 

'Virgil' and 'Having the Faith' haven't done that well in QLD winning only a couple each over the past year, from 30 odd starts , and not having won since last Oct. tonight with just 3 rivals to beat One of the 2 should once again be claiming Victory !!!!! like those good old Allstars days. 

AND, In the FAST CLASS race tonight AQUA SANCTA looks an absolute special drawn the pole , and having won 3 of his 6 Australian starts , is ready to 'Burn' in for another one.

'Aqua's" 4 rivals tonight include three ex-kiwis that David Butcher drove a couple of years ago all through 2019 around the North Island Back-blocks , named 

NOTORIOUS , DOUBLE or NOTHING and KATAMACH.  is it a step up from Manawatu or a step backwards to a 947m dash for cash??. Who knows . But 'Aqua Sancta' will be too slick anyway. Maybe they'll get a '1/2 mile' mile-rate credit to their name lol...........

• Like 3

thanks gammers exciting stuff alright, i will be glued

better get in a quick nana nap so i am bright eyed and bushy tailed for the first

was wondering how on earth i would fill in time until the blood moon arrived

i feel my planets have aligned

Blood Moon.jpg

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

feel my planets have aligned

They have Ranga . Get your sleep in and get up at Midnight for the super rare event.!!

Don't worry about the early races.  Will be at 9 pm our time ( midnight NZ ) when Race 10 is on ,

and AQUA SANCTA is charging to the finish line in the middle of and the actual peak time of a Blood Red SuperMoon eclipse !!!!  how can it lose. young Angus Garrard stargazing as they turn for home ??? could happen lol.......

Borrow money off Brodster if you have to !!!!  but this is the Moment you dreamed of !!!!  ($1.75 the win) lol.....

The heavens are lining up in the first total lunar eclipse to be seen across Australia since July 2018.

And this lunar eclipse also just happens to occur shortly after the Moon is closest to Earth (perigee), so that makes it a blood red "supermoon"

19 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

aussie postie wins the 2nd

3 out of 3 race wins for Nathan Dawson so far! , the Aussie Postman who is Delivering in spades !!!! 

Think a bit of a rip off claiming the Blair Orange moniker though ??? 

All these drivers are just FANTASTIC !! the best there is going around tonight .

Nathan Dawson up to 1000 career wins early in month , and is only 25 years old . my goodness.

And the race video tonight has some drivers ''miked up' chatting to commentator and Helmet Vision on some too!!!! does it get any better than this ??  You guys can see what we see in the race.!! amazing pictures . love it. 

• Like 1

Race 4 about to go with the 5 sprinters dashing a lap.

A maori name in this one! horse named TUAKANA ( maori word for Older Brother)

Narissa Mcmullen is driving Tuakana, so looks like we should back her older brother, in that case. Pete.

Pete McMullen is driving SHEZ GOT BLING !!   whammo ! the full moon is out and the stars align. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Brodie said:

TROTRODS????
What on earth does Trotrods stand for?????

I have several ideas!!

Terrific Racing On The Racenight Of Dazzling Speed  .   TROTRODS . I'm sure it stands for something like that ?  not really sure. just made that up. but sounds good.

They are using the same Top 5 drivers per race. !!!! they're doing super well.

Pete 1st again in the 5th. He is going like Dexter. Narissa 2nd.

Edited by Gammalite

2 hours ago, Gammalite said:

And the race video tonight has some drivers ''miked up' chatting to commentator and Helmet Vision on some too!!!! does it get any better than this ??  You guys can see what we see in the race.!! amazing pictures . love it. 

Hey Gamms.You neglected to mention the biggest attraction in the coverage for me!

The dulcet tones and expert analysis of Brittany Graham.😍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Taupiri Wonder said:

Hey Gamms.You neglected to mention the biggest attraction in the coverage for me!

The dulcet tones and expert analysis of Brittany Graham.😍

They've been showing her sitting in the studio with Taleah McMullen , younger sister of her multiple winning siblings tonight Pete and Narissa having discussions tonight !!

Qld trotting is in great hands. !! the lovely Brittany , the three McMullen girls, the three Rasmussen girls !!

We generously have shared one of the Rasmussen's with NZ for a few years !!  Hope it helped over there? .

Of course VIRGIL (by Sweet Lou Karrots!! )  and AQUA SANCTA  won Very easily tonight !!! 

5-1 for the Double !!!!!!   you little beauty.

The moon has just gone out , but ALLstars still winning anyway. (former horses at least lol.....) 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

They've been showing her sitting in the studio with Taleah McMullen , younger sister of her multiple winning siblings tonight Pete and Narissa having discussions tonight !!

Qld trotting is in great hands. !! the lovely Brittany , the three McMullen girls, the three Rasmussen girls !!

We generously have shared one of the Rasmussen's with NZ for a few years !!  Hope it helped over there? .

Of course VIRGIL (by Sweet Lou Karrots!! )  and AQUA SANCTA  won Very easily tonight !!! 

5-1 for the Double !!!!!!   you little beauty.

The moon has just gone out , but ALLstars still winning anyway. (former horses at least lol.....) 

Maybe they should get Nat to be there as well, considering she is taking things easy now?

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 3:43 PM, Gammalite said:

A great day of racing coming at Sunny Redcliffe near Brisbane is where.

Tonight we have 10 races over a 947m race distance with 5 horses per race !  Some think 'the short mile' racing is boring. Try this Out then .

Being marketed as TrotRods as opposed to HotRods. doing a fast dash.

There are 3 'reject' Allstars able to get a run . VIRGIL (3 wins from 14 starts including a Group2 for Allstars) is up against HAVING THE FAITH ( 1 win from 3 at Allstars) 

'Virgil' and 'Having the Faith' haven't done that well in QLD winning only a couple each over the past year, from 30 odd starts , and not having won since last Oct. tonight with just 3 rivals to beat One of the 2 should once again be claiming Victory !!!!! like those good old Allstars days. 

AND, In the FAST CLASS race tonight AQUA SANCTA looks an absolute special drawn the pole , and having won 3 of his 6 Australian starts , is ready to 'Burn' in for another one.

'Aqua's" 4 rivals tonight include three ex-kiwis that David Butcher drove a couple of years ago all through 2019 around the North Island Back-blocks , named 

NOTORIOUS , DOUBLE or NOTHING and KATAMACH.  is it a step up from Manawatu or a step backwards to a 947m dash for cash??. Who knows . But 'Aqua Sancta' will be too slick anyway. Maybe they'll get a '1/2 mile' mile-rate credit to their name lol...........

wayne low

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, paleface adios said:

spankem running tonight gammalite are you on at 1.50 to win 

Spankem went very good tonight. looped field and ran on for win. ONLY $1.30 here so couldn't back it. (was a less than FFA class field) very average lot.

Did get on LL COOL J , what a great horse he is !!  Suzanne and Tony Herlihy sold him last winter after winning some races last July in Auckland , and he was last in the running, at the 1/4 mile pole, and STILL won tonight !!!  a great sprint by him but only $2.90 divvie though, but easy money. which is nice.

LL COOL J now 6 wins and 3 placings (including a Group 3 placing to one of McCarthy's ) in 9 Australia starts. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Spankem went very good tonight. looped field and ran on for win. ONLY $1.30 here so couldn't back it. (was a less than FFA class field) very average lot.

Did get on LL COOL J , what a great horse he is !!  Suzanne and Tony Herlihy sold him last winter after winning some races last July in Auckland , and he was last in the running, at the 1/4 mile pole, and STILL won tonight !!!  a great sprint by him but only $2.90 divvie though, but easy money. which is nice.

LL COOL J now 6 wins and 3 placings (including a Group 3 placing to one of McCarthy's ) in 9 Australia starts. 

Who were those horses that spankem ran against? They looked to be handy,the equivalent ability of our horses over here that have won 5 or 6 races. And spankem only won by a half head after getting round the field on a slow quarter. Looked like he had lost 2 legs to me,and at no point did he look like he had the eyes popping out,run forever body language that we used to see here when at his best.Thats my opinion of that run,but its only one run so may be a bit premature to write off him improving,but he would need to if his opposition gets any better.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, the galah said:

Who were those horses that spankem ran against? They looked to be handy,the equivalent ability of our horses over here that have won 5 or 6 races. And spankem only won by a half head after getting round the field on a slow quarter. Looked like he had lost 2 legs to me,and at no point did he look like he had the eyes popping out,run forever body language that we used to see here when at his best.Thats my opinion of that run,but its only one run so may be a bit premature to write off him improving,but he would need to if his opposition gets any better.

He (Spankem)drew the outside gate, (hard to win from there anytime) home in regular 55 seconds last 1/2.

Driver Kylie Rasmussen is handy driver, but nothing like her sister Natalie who makes it look 'oh so easy.' 

Those horses defeated by SPANKEM last night are handy 'Second level horses' but nowhere near fast enough in a Group 1 or Group 2, even. 3rd horse last night, (Kid Montana) won the 2600m stand (a rarely race here) last week , but is not as good as Regazzo Mach or Pembrook Playboy in my unprofessional 'comparing the apples' opinion lol...........

COLT THIRTY ONE is the only multi Group 1 winner locally in Brisbane. (a Vic derby winner)He's way the best !!!

ONE CHANGE , who you might know from NZ Allstars , can also match it Top Level here, but is un-sighted since January. One Change has had 12 Albion Park runs for 8 wins and 4 placings to Colt Thirty One. ONE CHANGE was also defeated last summer by LL COOL J , another star in the making. 

If Spankem has lost 2 legs, geeeez they must be really weak Brisbane locally. ? maybe?

• Like 2

Read something other day about Spankem, how he missed work or missed a run or something, so they were just going to throw him in (as not ideal) as needed run. And there were reasons around it.

1 that did raise interest for me, was the sudden state of Aladdin, reminded me since myself & Taupiri brought him up today.

When he left All Stars stable to me observing it was a noticeable sudden decline. Not accusing anyone of cheating or anything. Know sometimes on here things can be mis-interpreted.

Just stating an observation. 

As Taupiri has pointed out he did go on to Oz to win a Derby, maybe in weaker company …

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jones said:

Read something other day about Spankem, how he missed work or missed a run or something, so they were just going to throw him in (as not ideal) as needed run. And there were reasons around it.

1 that did raise interest for me, was the sudden state of Aladdin, reminded me since myself & Taupiri brought him up today.

When he left All Stars stable to me observing it was a noticeable sudden decline. Not accusing anyone of cheating or anything. Know sometimes on here things can be mis-interpreted.

As Taupiri has pointed out he did go on to Oz to win a Derby, maybe in weaker company …

All of the AllStars horses form and ability seems to decline after they leave the stable.

It is only because they are just so more professional than any other stable in Australasia!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jones said:

No disrespect to the Blanchards who took over the training of Alladin following its sale to Australian buyers. The Blanchards are not in the same class of trainer as Mark Purdon or Natalie Rasmussen, not even close. Just my opinion of course.  Alladin is a handy horse but not top class. I think the current 3-year-old crop is one of the weakest in recent times. Krug is the standout but there are 10 or so others that have all much the same ability. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Brodie said:

All of the AllStars horses form and ability seems to decline after they leave the stable.

It is only because they are just so more professional than any other stable in Australasia!

Iv never commented on the AS saga and so forth as you mention til now, here are my thoughts

I tried to rake my head around it. Once the blood spinning rule was changed along with the injection timeframe that to me was a noticeable difference in performance & driving tactics. Referring to as think its Newmarket and Galah stating 3 wide 4 wide and then still win over distance.

Because what I also observed with that was the number of the horses that broke down. Remember once compiling a list & it was long.

I noted too that other stables were not getting the same amount of break downs at top level, in-fact hardly any.

Thing was that it was all legal. So they were playing by the rules. Controversial yes, but by the rule of law yes also. I decided to myself that these horses were being pushed beyond their ability & therefore breaking down.

Must note with all that surveillance they were under re Inca & nothing untoward re actual racing, come up. So to me that tells a story too.

So from that I can’t see how they are doing anything untoward or against the rules. The Aladdin decline in form was a stand out to me. The only one recently after the rule change. Of course there could of been a number of reasons for that. Hence I’m not saying they were or are cheating. 

(I have also noted not many if any breakdowns now after law change).

Edited by Jones
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davis said:

the same class of trainer as Mark Purdon or Natalie Rasmussen

Yeah , absolutely agree that you can't improve on what is near the World's best team.

Last 6 or 7 or so NZ Cups, 2 year old Sires Stakes and Auckland Cups, that says it all really.

I think their former horses have performed reasonably well this season. 

Princess Tiffany won 2 Group 1's in the summer-time, going past the million dollar career earnings . She has had 7 wins from 12 starts worth $200k,     since leaving Allstars last winter. fantastic really.

One Change , 8 wins from 12 starts (beaten by brilliant Colt Thirty One in the others).

Turn It Up , 3 wins from 10 and a third to King of Swing/Colt Thirty One  in the main Qld $175k Group 1 race, as well which is a fairly good training and horse effort in those big Group races mainly.

Alladin , a South Australia derby recently (hey that's the derby that Gammalite won in his day !! lol  (from 5 derby attempts) and went on to win 16 Group 1 's lol..... Go Alladin !!! 

so the Aussie trainers are doing fine , and getting quite good results. More u-beaut NZ horses is great !!