Bit Of A Yarn

Finally here! Jewels Day!

Brodie

2 hours ago, Tonkatime! said:

You could take them at agencies from what I saw. 

Interesting?

There are no option no.s so how can you bet on fixed?

The top 2 and Top 4 is not available at agencies and is account only and they have no option no.s shown!

So not sure how it is possible as you need an option no. To bet Fixed at agencies!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Interesting?

There are no option no.s so how can you bet on fixed?

The top 2 and Top 4 is not available at agencies and is account only and they have no option no.s shown!

So not sure how it is possible as you need an option no. To bet Fixed at agencies!

Not sure about the top 2 and top 4 Brodie but you could take the head to heads on the self service machines.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tonkatime! said:

Not sure about the top 2 and top 4 Brodie but you could take the head to heads on the self service machines.

Ok thanks for that!

I enquired re the Top 4 thru the TAB a couple of weeks ago and the  customer info bloke told me that it was only available “on account” only!

So his info may well be wrong, so will be looking into this.

You would think they would have the foresight to give everything an option no. Wouldnt you?

thanks

As far as the racing went,Akuta and south coast arden were most impressive.The race may have been set up for akuta to win given how hard they went early,but he made the rest look second rate in the straight.And south coast arden continued the huge recent improvement and looked like a nz cup winner.

The flop of the day was krug. Personally pre race, i thought he was so much better than the others that he would not risk the chance of getting trapped on the fence,but it turned out he took the gamble and followed through the winner,and had every chance. Had he not received the best run in the race he would have finished at the back.

Natalie rasmussen took no such chances on amazing dream,but unfortunately for her david butcher did what the butchers are good at and got into a shoving duel early with her to push her back in,which ultimately cost both them  ground and position, and most likely cost amazing dream the race.Still it was entertaining and good to see the dunns get the win.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, the galah said:

The flop of the day was krug. Personally pre race, i thought he was so much better than the others that he would not risk the chance of getting trapped on the fence,but it turned out he took the gamble

How did he not Win that ? given the beautiful trip by Blair. Some people thought the leader could do it for BenButcher. BD JOE fighting on for the win. was very surprised myself. Race with least pressure on leader perhaps?

HIGHGROVE for me, was the flop of the day, having the win with-in sight and just threw it away himself. John was still nursing him along too. Got some rewards though (John Dunn) with 2 great drives/ wins with NeedYouNow and 5WiseMen. so can still have a nice celebration of victory.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gammalite said:

How did he not Win that ? given the beautiful trip by Blair. Some people thought the leader could do it for BenButcher. BD JOE fighting on for the win. was very surprised myself. Race with least pressure on leader perhaps?

HIGHGROVE for me, was the flop of the day, having the win with-in sight and just threw it away himself. John was still nursing him along too. Got some rewards though (John Dunn) with 2 great drives/ wins with NeedYouNow and 5WiseMen. so can still have a nice celebration of victory.

i had thought krug was looking cup contender material,but that was a significant drop off in performance yesterday.Its only the 1 oerformance,and i always forgive a 1 off below par performance.so time will tell.

I thought the 2 most amazing performances on recent form came from rocknroll mama and kaching kaching. Both showed huge improvement on recent form. It will be interesting to see if they can replicate that form again

• Like 2

3 hours ago, the galah said:

i had thought krug was looking cup contender material,but that was a significant drop off in performance yesterday.Its only the 1 oerformance,and i always forgive a 1 off below par performance.so time will tell.

I thought the 2 most amazing performances on recent form came from rocknroll mama and kaching kaching. Both showed huge improvement on recent form. It will be interesting to see if they can replicate that form again

I thought robbie did a great job on RnR Mama, didnt fluster when Nat went and waited and tracked Sam on Plutonium Lady into it, both were 10/10 drives and in another 15m would have been closer.

I thought the racing was superb with horses coming from everywhere, good competitive racing

• Like 3

On 6/6/2021 at 10:56 AM, Brodie said:

At  last Jewels Day at Cambridge is here!

Enjoy the day, where on earth has Queens Birthday Ashburton Monday racing gone??

Sunday next year for Ashburton followed by about 3 months of Sunday's from Addington,the excitements gunna be too much for me😄