Bit Of A Yarn

Finally here! Jewels Day!

Brodie

At  last Jewels Day at Cambridge is here!

One mile racing on a 1000metre track, what a spectacle it will be.

Horse that has won 20 races against a 2 win horse, racing at its best!

Draw the outside of second row and having to come around and beat fast horses drawn the front row, what could be better over a mile!

Wish everyone who is prepared to have a go, all the best as per normal you will be getting small divs.

Enjoy the day, where on earth has Queens Birthday Ashburton Monday racing gone??

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Draw the outside of second row and having to come around and beat fast horses drawn the front row, what could be better over a mile!

Wish everyone who is prepared to have a go, all the best as per normal you will be getting small divs.

Enjoy the day, where on earth has Queens Birthday Ashburton Monday racing gone??

For a moment there I thought you had been woken from your negative slumber but then I noticed the hidden sarcasm font.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Four or Five wins to the Cullen Stable?  Your estimate Brodie?

Geez even Ben Hope might win one.  That'll have Forbury doing paroxysms of weeping, teeth gnashing and general Rumplestiltskin type behaviour!  He might even need a new TV remote!  Go Benny Hope!!

Yes cheif I would as I put my money where my mouth is and Ben hopes a very poor driver with no idea about pace and race tactics.he is a dangerous driver for himself and others time after time.this is from thursday.HITTHEROADJACK - held up early stages of the run home. Stewards questioned driver B Hope regarding the tactics he adopted near the 2000 metres when surrendering the lead to UNFAZED. Mr Hope explained that the gelding had commenced to over-race in the early stages and felt it was his best option to hand up to that runner and allow his horse to relax especially considering how well it performed at its last start. He added that he had been disadvantaged when shuffled further back than he had anticipated after two other runners then improved to lead leaving him poorly placed back on the marker line. His comments were accepted. Mr Hope (assisted by K Cameron) was issued a warning for using his whip with more than a wrist flicking motion on the final bend and in a continuous manner in the home straight. Mr Hope was also warned for anticipating a run in the home straight which briefly hampered an outside runner.i will be getting against the mountain today but friend made me take him on Mr love at 34s said we are wasting money with him but he may fluke it from the pole.lays today amazing dream mystic max bettor twist(best lay)muscle mountain Krug copy that.omen bet Tim Williams on offngone .all stars lucky to win two races today.grow some balls drivers and give it to them 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

For a moment there I thought you had been woken from your negative slumber but then I noticed the hidden sarcasm font.

No sarcasm intended Chief.

Not watching live, but will record and watch later.

Harness showcase today, nothing better, very exciting!

No sarcasm intended Chief.

Bollocks.

Not watching live, but will record and watch later.

Are you draining you garden?

Harness showcase today, nothing better, very exciting!

Obviously not for you.  Probably trying to find the sleepers that washed away from the bottom of the garden.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Bollocks.

Are you draining you garden?

Obviously not for you.  Probably trying to find the sleepers that washed away from the bottom of the garden.

Drizzabone here.

Not watching uNtil end of the day!

I see that the hot favourite missed and an amateur raced horse ran 3rd!

Love the mile racing, easy to follow form over the distance!

Good punting to everyone.

I note the TAB have got head to heads up, but doesnt look like you can take them at agencies, account only and heavy restrictions for some.

You would think they could grow some, on a Premier meeting like this and allow punters to get on??!!!

Hey have just been watching the Saturday night Meadowlands racing USA , as racing  is on in between the jewels races today with the time Zones.

If you Love Dexter Dunn check out the last three races (TAB treble) replays !!!!!!!!!!!!  They are hauling Ass !! 1.47 in second last race, and his drive in the very last race on a trotter is MAGNIFICENT . what a driver.!!!  best in world.

meanwhile , while the best racing/ best horses is on at Cambridge and Meadowlands,,,,....... stupid Brisbane decides to put the good fast class horses away from a STANDING START last night .Why? I don't know. Out-dated methods. 

Of course SPANKEM the fav, with driver Kylie Rasmussen got tipped out at the start. stupidity wins again . 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

meanwhile , while the best racing/ best horses is on at Cambridge and Meadowlands,,,,....... stupid Brisbane decides to put the good fast class horses away from a STANDING START last night .Why? I don't know. Out-dated methods. 

Of course SPANKEM the fav, with driver Kylie Rasmussen got tipped out at the start. stupidity wins again . 

i happened to see that race. Didn't they say that it was a  stablemate of spankem that backed away and swung round about 3 times before they were able to let them go.Given spankem kept standing directly behind it each time it happened it  looked predictable interference given what happened pre start.In nz the driver of spankem would have started a bit wider to avoid that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, the galah said:

i happened to see that race. Didn't they say that it was a  stablemate of spankem that backed away and swung round about 3 times before they were able to let them go.Given spankem kept standing directly behind it each time it happened it  looked predictable interference given what happened pre start.In nz the driver of spankem would have started a bit wider to avoid that.

Yeah fully agree, the drivers here are mostly inexperienced with stands. The horse that backed away was driven by an 18 yearold too, even though Angus has 200 wins , nearly the whole lot are from mobile. Nz drivers would be much better (experienced ) to avoid that .  Interestingly ,The winning driver in that race is vastly experienced and Lola Weidermann has 3000 career wins and driven every show in Qld too , so would have been in a thousand more standing starts than the rest of the field of drivers put togeather. (co-incidently Wins the race !!!)

Great driving today by all at Cambridge anyway, Mark was very patient with Akuta, also John Dunn 2 great wins , but must be spitting Chips with HIGHGROVE throwing it away late. Mr Herlihy a worthy winner instead anyway with the trotting filly. the Iceman strikes!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brodie said:

I had one bet Laver and he paid $11 a place! Is that a small dividend mate? What a tough run from Laver, he's a beauty.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Davis said:

I had one bet Laver and he paid $11 a place! Is that a small dividend mate? What a tough run from Laver, he's a beauty.

Paid $28 on the tote in NSW for the place !!!! was struggling at the 300 after a fast quarter and watching the replay was darn near going backwards!!! I was on Penbrook Playboy who was 4 back the fence and looked to be bolting on the turn....... you shake ya head how Laver ends up beating PP by 2 lengths but that's the beauty of racing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Paid $28 on the tote in NSW for the place !!

NSW TAB paid $21.80 for Bolt for Brilliance for the win!!!. wow..must of been a multi going into MuscleMountain or a huge win bet on him. Can't remember a 2nd favourite at $21 before. especially one of that quality. 

47 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

NSW TAB paid $21.80 for Bolt for Brilliance for the win!!!. wow..must of been a multi going into MuscleMountain or a huge win bet on him. Can't remember a 2nd favourite at $21 before. especially one of that quality. 

Something sus is that race I reckon ---- Most of the races today at Cambridge got $2k to $4k in the win pool in NSW but the Bolt for brilliance tote was $11,676...... even R9 Copy That short price fav there was only $2800 in the win pool.

Due to the pool sizes I'd say most of us bet fixed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dougie said:

Paid $28 on the tote in NSW for the place !!!! was struggling at the 300 after a fast quarter and watching the replay was darn near going backwards!!! I was on Penbrook Playboy who was 4 back the fence and looked to be bolting on the turn....... you shake ya head how Laver ends up beating PP by 2 lengths but that's the beauty of racing.

Laver is a very tough horse. I think Gerard was probably giving him a breather down the back as the horse always finds another gear when asked for an effort in the straight. Laver ran 1:51.9 at Nelson earlier this year, today he clocked 1:52.2 so he is no mug. Pembrook Playboy is probably speedier than Laver but he is not as fit or as tough as Laver.

That's a great price on the NSW tote.

25 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Something sus is that race I reckon ---- Most of the races today at Cambridge got $2k to $4k in the win pool in NSW but the Bolt for brilliance tote was $11,676...... even R9 Copy That short price fav there was only $2800 in the win pool.

Due to the pool sizes I'd say most of us bet fixed.

I only ever bet fixed, but there are ALL up tote options.

I would say some poor fellow had an ALL-UP (in Qld we can do them for maximum 4 races) and they are on the tote , so really effect the pools there. 

Could of been a 4 leg all up leading into that race.

$500 on the good things 5WiseMen @ $2 , leading to a collect of $1000 onto Akuta @ $1.20 , leading to $1200 collect onto the heavily supported BDJOE at $4.50 ,  leading to a $5,400 collect and bet on Muscle mountain @ $1.70 to collect $9,180 if he won the 4th leg of All-up. That would blow the odds of all other runners out of water.!!! and dominate the betting win pool of 11k.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

9 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Four or Five wins to the Cullen Stable?  Your estimate Brodie?

Geez even Ben Hope might win one.  That'll have Forbury doing paroxysms of weeping, teeth gnashing and general Rumplestiltskin type behaviour!  He might even need a new TV remote!  Go Benny Hope!!

Poor little boy Ben hope.he better start being careful and not so dangerous all the time.MUSCLE MOUNTAIN - Driver B Hope defended a breach of Rule 869(3)(b) in that he permitted his gelding to shift inwards near the 1400m when not sufficiently clear of KIWITRIX which was checked and broke losing its chance. The JCA upheld the breach and suspended Mr Hope's driver's licence from the conclusion of racing today up to and including 17 June 2021 (4 days).

2 hours ago, eljay said:

Loved the drone shots

They were ok, but to do them as the main shot while the race was run i thought was a mistake and i didn't like it and i thought was annoying.If the drone shots are preferred over the usual coverage,then i know a couple pf people who wouldn't bother watching.I thought the racing was good,the presenters good,but the trackside coverage when the races were run was average.

• Like 1