Bit Of A Yarn

Harness Racing has been promised a Stakes Increase for 2021/22 (contrary to what Flash informed us!)!

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Right on queue Cockwomble. Record NZTAB profit and you divert to  " the budget was wrong"

You are a clown and cant admit your wrong. . Again

If they had halved the Budgeted figures to begin with then the Result would have been twice as good JJ

Opportunity missed

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, JJ Flash said:
  • Full Year (1 Aug 2020 to 31 July 2021) Reported Profit (normalised) was $174.2m, which was $42.5m above Budget. 

This "record profit" you bang the drums about @JJ Flashin real terms is only $12m ahead of Bonkin Bayliss's result in 2013 (nominal figure was $142m).  What's more in 2013 the TAB paid $70m in GST and Government Duty i.e. items the current mob don't have to worry much about.  Also they didn't have any income from race fees - although that is currently only smoke and mirrors.

So if we adjust 2013 accounts for items the current mob doesn't pay then that 2013 result was close to $200m or $225 in today's money.

Now if that comparison wasn't bad enough lets compare with the last full set of non-Covid affected accounts i.e. 2018.  The profit was $145m or $154m in today's money WITHOUT the change in duty, WITHOUT the change in race fields income AND WITHOUT the transfer of a number of expense items to the codes!!!!

Now who is the womble?

flash GIFBottle Environment GIF by XXXXX

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

This "record profit" you bang the drums about @JJ Flashin real terms is only $12m ahead of Bonkin Bayliss's result in 2013 (nominal figure was $142m).  What's more in 2013 the TAB paid $70m in GST and Government Duty i.e. items the current mob don't have to worry much about.  Also they didn't have any income from race fees - although that is currently only smoke and mirrors.

So if we adjust 2013 accounts for items the current mob doesn't pay then that 2013 result was close to $200m or $225 in today's money.

Now if that comparison wasn't bad enough lets compare with the last full set of non-Covid affected accounts i.e. 2018.  The profit was $145m or $154m in today's money WITHOUT the change in duty, WITHOUT the change in race fields income AND WITHOUT the transfer of a number of expense items to the codes!!!!

Now who is the womble?

flash GIFBottle Environment GIF by XXXXX

We lesson for JJ Flash , all good spin doctoring the reality. Problem is when normalize the figures , can usually see through the bullshit. But hey! keep up the spin dude! 

On 13/09/2021 at 7:29 PM, Michael said:

If they had halved the Budgeted figures to begin with then the Result would have been twice as good JJ

Opportunity missed

Best cash profit ever and no matter what the dickheads say it will provide further $$$$ to the codes to distribute. Everyone wanted higher stakes well this is where they come from. Now all we need is for the respective codes to run their operations smarter ,cutting unnecessary  costs to enable even higher stakes.

Over to Cockwomble's 1 and 2 to give us the usual rebuttals

Edited by JJ Flash

16 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Best cash profit ever

@JJ Flash I won't call you a liar perhaps misguided.  It isn't the best cash profit EVER.  Using accurate comparison methods it is worse than what the industry received a decade ago.  Yes it is an improvement in nominal terms on recent years BUT that improvement ISN'T coming from wagering revenue.  Once again I'll spell it out for you again in the vain hope that one day the penny will drop onto Wombledon Common (how are the re-runs going?).

The source of the "improvement":

• Reduction in Taxation and Government Duty;
  • Lower interest costs due to Government insolvency bailout;
  • Transfer of expenses to the codes;
  • Racefields legislation;
  • Cuts in staff;
  • etc.
26 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Everyone wanted higher stakes well this is where they come from.

Great but don't bang the drum that anything has really changed.  Fundamentally wagering on the racing codes is not returning sufficient improvements in revenue to get back to where we were a decade ago let alone keep pace with inflation.  Now you are the expert and drum major for TAB NZ - what are they going to get us back to parity?  i.e. keep up the improvement!

30 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Now all we need is for the respective codes to run their operations smarter ,cutting unnecessary  costs to enable even higher stakes.

But you forget they now have extra costs forced on them by TAB NZ to market their product!!!!  Not to mention the costs associated with three high maintenance AWT's gifted to them!

I can't imagine what HRNZ is going to spend on marketing!!

• Champ Post 2

9 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

But you forget they now have extra costs forced on them by TAB NZ to market their product!!!! 

Wrong as usual but then again why am i surprised. Prior to Racing Act 2020 and subsequent changes the respective codes paid the TAB for trackside services .And it was in the millions This is now no longer the case  Chief Cockwomble. Freda and Cockwomble Judas.

I don't give a rats whether you believe it or not nor my source as it was told to me in confidence although i had asked the correct questions. You should try it some time Chief Cockwomble. You really are a complete F wit as many of your departed posters have worked out. Shit even your fav poster Karrots has called you out for arguing with posters for the sake of it on numerous occasions

Chief Cockwomble. Freda and Cockwomble Judas.

There were female Wombles.  Freda would make a great Madame Cholet.  You must pay closer attention to those reruns.

Prior to Racing Act 2020 and subsequent changes the respective codes paid the TAB for trackside services .

Geez keep up @JJ Flash - I'm not referring to Trackside services.  Go back and do a bit more reading of the accounts - do you need a hint?

I don't give a rats whether you believe it or not nor my source as it was told to me in confidence although i had asked the correct questions.

Oh so you do have a secret source.  So did you ask the correct questions and got the wrong answers?  Or did you ask the wrong questions and got the correct answers?

Actually to make it easier for us all why don't you post the question AND the answer?

As for arguing for the sake of arguing au contraire.  I'm,  like a lot of past and present stakeholders in the industry, sick and tired of the same old BS rehashed with a different spin.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that the Stakes on offer for the Melbourne Thoroughbred Spring Carnival are greater than that on offer for the whole year across all 3 codes in NZ.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 6:04 PM, JJ Flash said:

Shit even your fav poster Karrots 

Hey JJ was checking your page to check in on you. As noticed you have gone MIA. Hope you’re ok & just taking a break away?

Missed this. ONLY since you brought MY NAME up will respond.

Don’t think I’m Chiefs FAV. Guess Brods is. Chief NEVER comes to my aid when I’m being attacked by a poster/s like he does with Brods. Have to put shields up, then go on offensive on lonesome lol.

Brods is a poster that pulls in engagement/views when site gets quiet. He strikes up conversation. Big Ups to you Brods 👍

Gamms another that drives engagement

Chief is likely aware which poster/s start the most popular threads on a Regular Basis. This site runs advertising to help pay bills, SO Stats-Views MATTER. (A couple of peeps don’t understand this - mock those that bring alot of views/engagement).

e.g. (Ludwig trolls Gamms & I) (Ranga trolls Brods & I). These 2 posters don’t understand how digital age works & that they are NOT the only 2 posters on site. Even spelling this out to them, they prob still won’t get it. Some posters DO GET IT.

Out of interest since its come to mind - Here are stats.

Taken a peak at home pages last 2 pages - threads Iv started. Only 1 thread did not get over 1k views.

Will leave it up to those that mock/troll to start threads & yes they are at it again today unfortunately. So much for them “moving on”.

1. T Williams on fire                                                 (170 replies - 7.8k views)
  2. Covid Lockdown stories                                     (115 replies - 2.9k views)
  3. Jnr Drivers Champs North v South                    (75 replies - 2.6k views)
  4. Sweet Lou how do you do                                   (88 replies - 2.4k views)
  5. Most vivid positive memories                             (54 replies - 1.5k views)
  6. How to get on-course participation back Alex   (76 replies - 1.2k views)
  7. Teaz to return to commentator box                    (40 replies - 1.2k views)
  8. Past present future 1999- 2021 - 2041               (33 replies - 1.1k views)
  9. Selections game 3rd Sept Big punt challenge    (56 replies - 1k views)
  10. Last big punt challenge                                        (46 replies - 1k views)
  11. All Mic-d up                                                           (2 replies -  346 views)

• Champ Post 1

9 hours ago, Karrotsisback said:

Hey JJ was checking your page to check in on you. As noticed you have gone MIA. Hope you’re ok & just taking a break away?

Missed this. ONLY since you brought MY NAME up will respond.

Don’t think I’m Chiefs FAV. Guess Brods is. Chief NEVER comes to my aid when I’m being attacked by a poster/s like he does with Brods. Have to put shields up, then go on offensive on lonesome lol.

Brods is a poster that pulls in engagement/views when site gets quiet. He strikes up conversation. Big Ups to you Brods 👍

Gamms another that drives engagement

Chief is likely aware which poster/s start the most popular threads on a Regular Basis. This site runs advertising to help pay bills, SO Stats-Views MATTER. (A couple of peeps don’t understand this - mock those that bring alot of views/engagement).

e.g. (Ludwig trolls Gamms & I) (Ranga trolls Brods & I). These 2 posters don’t understand how digital age works & that they are NOT the only 2 posters on site. Even spelling this out to them, they prob still won’t get it. Some posters DO GET IT.

Out of interest since its come to mind - Here are stats.

Taken a peak at home pages last 2 pages - threads Iv started. Only 1 thread did not get over 1k views.

Will leave it up to those that mock/troll to start threads & yes they are at it again today unfortunately. So much for them “moving on”.

1. T Williams on fire                                                 (170 replies - 7.8k views)
  2. Covid Lockdown stories                                     (115 replies - 2.9k views)
  3. Jnr Drivers Champs North v South                    (75 replies - 2.6k views)
  4. Sweet Lou how do you do                                   (88 replies - 2.4k views)
  5. Most vivid positive memories                             (54 replies - 1.5k views)
  6. How to get on-course participation back Alex   (76 replies - 1.2k views)
  7. Teaz to return to commentator box                    (40 replies - 1.2k views)
  8. Past present future 1999- 2021 - 2041               (33 replies - 1.1k views)
  9. Selections game 3rd Sept Big punt challenge    (56 replies - 1k views)
  10. Last big punt challenge                                        (46 replies - 1k views)
  11. All Mic-d up                                                           (2 replies -  346 views)

Thanks for such an excellent contribution to the topic. Much appreciated.

4 hours ago, Rangatira said:

When the little fishies aren't abundant in the Grey River.

Make Mock Whitebait Patties (Edmonds Cookbook, 31st Edition, Page 80)

Rangas Tip .... Add a few poppy seeds to replicate the eyes.

images (11).jpeg

The rivers south of Oamaru are particularly plentiful at the moment. Sadly my attempt at fritters the other day was less successful.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/27/2021 at 6:54 PM, Chief Stipe said:

@JAKH Brent Crude hits $79 - $80 by the end of the week?  @Brodie still on the money.

Sorry Chiefy your young fella mate Brodie is OFF the money once again !!! Be a bit hot for Brodster marching with the minority today.I imagine on his way home will be lurking around the suburban TABs trying to get in and place a bet at Addington tonight. Good luck to him.

24 minutes ago, JAKH said:

Sorry Chiefy your young fella mate Brodie is OFF the money once again !!! Be a bit hot for Brodster marching with the minority today.I imagine on his way home will be lurking around the suburban TABs trying to get in and place a bet at Addington tonight. Good luck to him.

Lol such wit!

If standing up for your rights is something you dont believe in, then you are one brainwashed individual!

If you believe in the BS then that is your right, but you sheep should not be worried about the unpoisoned!

You were told that you had to get the poison into you and you would get your freedoms back at 90%!

Yougot to 90% and nothing has improved whatsoever!

Effing facemasks, scanning bs and distancing!

It is just a load of bs!

7 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You were told that you had to get the poison into you and you would get your freedoms back at 90%!

Yougot to 90% and nothing has improved whatsoever!

You have fallen off your soapbox again !!! What the hell are you dribbling on about again. I am going to the races at Addington tonight Dont you consider that an improvement? Go back under your rock young fella.