Bit Of A Yarn

Harness Racing has been promised a Stakes Increase for 2021/22 (contrary to what Flash informed us!)!

24 minutes ago, JAKH said:

You have fallen off your soapbox again !!! What the hell are you dribbling on about again. I am going to the races at Addington tonight Dont you consider that an improvement? Go back under your rock young fella.

Lol Enjoy Addington tonight!

Racing easier to watch on Trackside anyway and no atmosphere there anyway JAKH!

I actually would feel endangered being alongside people who have had at least 2 doses of poison, so it is no worries!

To be fair it does not really affect me too much. Eing restricted from many venues, although it isnt everywhere lol!

We are fortunate that Comrade Ardern has made us millions since she has been in control, so I should feel eternally grateful shouldnt I?

I am not because I am disgusted in what NZ has become and that so many have been believing and do nkt mind being controlled!

Good punting!

21 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Saturday night racing,a rarity so why all of a sudden one night out of the blue  is there anyone there anyway.

Saturday night was always more enjoyable many many years ago!

Friday nights are ok but most people either dont have time to get out there after a hard day at work.

Saturday gives people more time to plan their day and go out socially, but only if you have a bit of paper to say that you have had 2 injections forced upon you!

Field’s arent that flash for punting though!

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Saturday night was always more enjoyable many many years ago!

Friday nights are ok but most people either dont have time to get out there after a hard day at work.

Saturday gives people more time to plan their day and go out socially, but only if you have a bit of paper to say that you have had 2 injections forced upon you!

Field’s arent that flash for punting though!

Saturday nights racing was once the only game in town, nowdays you have rugby , cricket league etc etc on telly so it's been pushed to the back burner.

The biggest change in night racing is that very few night meetings go much past nine o cock, changing times aye

I never even looked at the fields

Edited by mikeynz
  • Like 1

Personally I believe it is more to do with the club personel not wanting to spend their night working on a Saturday night, so that is why they have Thursday and Friday!

Auckland seems to always run on the Friday night as well and barely any Thursdays.

Oz stronger class races for most of the major cities tend to always run on the Saturday night so they obviously think they will get more wagering then!

Tonights fields at Addington were generally pretty small and terrible for  punting!

Hopefully racing can continue without any further disruptions from this mild virus!

Just ludicrous that Addington has to stop people who are perfectly healthy from being oncourse!!!

The bigger risk is allowing double jabbed people to congregate as this is what the issues are overseas.

Next to no one has any symptoms FFS!

Even the no. in hospitalisation in NZ has been grossly exagerated as per the paper this morning.

But we can not have the truth out there can we, as we need the servants to keep obeying Ardern!

Anyway if you have any common sense you shouldve worked this out by now!

Keep Safe out there, all you that have the very valuable Vaccine Passports 

Edited by Brodie