Bit Of A Yarn

Harness Racing has been promised a Stakes Increase for 2021/22 (contrary to what Flash informed us!)!

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

You join an illustrious band of Peeps who number less than 100 with NZTAB.

Wiki says their are around  170000 account holders so that tells us that the number of restricted punters is 0.000588% of account  holders. 

Facts Brodie Facts

Personally , I would congratulate Brodster as he is clever enough to be in the 'Winning few" JJ . You and I return a profit as well, as can probably study the form better than most.

Those restrictions suck , as even the 'winners' must lose on occasion , as you can't cover every race variable. I just stick to good winning horses drivers and jockeys that eliminates the 'Not classy enough' problem altogeather.

My son won a LADBROKES (huge international bookie) picking competition one week ($1000) and has been excluded from entering any Ladbrokes comp ever since ?? He refuses to bet with them now Lol.... cheapskates. make 100's of thousands a week but don't want someone winning twice !!!!!!!!!!! lol............

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

You join an illustrious band of Peeps who number less than 100 with NZTAB.

Wiki says their are around  170000 account holders so that tells us that the number of restricted punters is 0.000588% of account  holders. 

Facts Brodie Facts

JJ, you clearly have contacts with the TAB who is giving you the info!

Do you know how many of those less than 100 are gallops, harness and dog punters?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

So how do you know that there is less than 100 restricted punters in Nz?

If you ask the right questions to the correct people you get the right answer.

Just as I'm pretty sure your only likely to be restricted on Harness. Start punting on TB's or the Hounds although we know you hate  both. But don't moan about being unfairly treated blah blah as your not alone 

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

@JJ Flash doesn't know that.  Like most things he posts he made it up.

You dont give up with your lies and misinformation do you Doug. Even in the face of overwhelming facts eg Ozzie betting patterns re hounda nd Harnes you say my posts are normally made up. Wrong again loser.

And just like the restricted punter numbers you'll be proven wrong again. Just ask NZTAB either directly or via OIA. Even you can mange that - or may be you cant!!

16 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You dont give up with your lies and misinformation do you Doug. Even in the face of overwhelming facts eg Ozzie betting patterns re hounda nd Harnes you say my posts are normally made up. Wrong again loser.

You really have bought into the Channel X style of rhetoric haven't you.

What "overwhelming facts e.g. Ozzie betting patterns"?  Can you post the evidence?

And just like the restricted punter numbers you'll be proven wrong again. Just ask NZTAB either directly or via OIA. Even you can mange that - or may be you cant!!

I'm asking @JJ Flash who made the statement.  Now as @Brodie suggest you either have:

1. a direct contact at TAB NZ or;
  2. you acquired the information from a public source or;
  3. you made it up.

You have denied 1. and 3. so it must be 2. unless you are lying.  SO if it is 2. where is the public source?  Can you point me in the direction of the published source and while you are at it show me where the published evidence is that Harness got more than their pro-rata share?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

while you are at it show me where the published evidence is that Harness got more than their pro-rata share?

That would be impossible

Given the published figures Harness did not get a cent more than their pro rata share, and maybe didn't even get that

Edited by Michael
  • Champ Post 1

10 minutes ago, Michael said:

Given the published figures Harness did not get a cent more than their pro rata share, and maybe didn't even get that

How do you know what the baseline figure was?  Where is it published?

What was the formula that was used?

Did it include contributions from imported races?  If so how did they compensate for the bias towards Thoroughbreds and Dogs?

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

What "overwhelming facts e.g. Ozzie betting patterns"?  Can you post the evidence?

What became very clear in reaching agreement on the distribution of the TAB profit is the gradual decline that our sport has been in for some years now, and just how poorly we as a code do in relation to profit on export compared to the other codes.

In terms of the commission on export (off shore betting), which is paid out at 3% of the actual, up to the end of June, Thoroughbreds have received $4.6m, Greyhounds $4.5m and Harness $1.3m.

It is clear that we have work to do in this area and the Board is working with an offshore partner to increase our exposure in Australia

Chair of HRNZ

It will never be enough for you Chiefy  because you cant admit your wrong. 

Why should anyone let alone me assist you now or  in the  future with your infantile attitude and  basic inability to grasp straight forward factual posts. 

As i said to Brodie if you ask the right questions you get the correct answer. Now , i dont care whether you believe me or not. Get off your ass like i did and find the answers as opposed to saying im posting fake news and all the other shit about the other channel which you obviously have historical issues with. Note the pattern here? You always think your right even when faced with facts to the contrary.

Best you go and play with Michael and drive him away like so many before him with your superior attitude and constant questioning.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Michael said:

That would be impossible

God luck taking on Chiefy Michael but i think that you will tire before he does with his constant challenging of anyone who posts stuff which he cant or wont accept as being  even possible. 

You are dead right in your 2nd para.

Why should anyone let alone me assist you now or  in the  future with your infantile attitude and  basic inability to grasp straight forward factual posts. 

Really?  What you have posted doesn't support your argument and is very light on detail.  It also doesn't answer any of the question I posed to you regarding the pro-rata share and whether or not it was under or over what HRNZ was entitled to.

18 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

In terms of the commission on export (off shore betting), which is paid out at 3% of the actual, up to the end of June, Thoroughbreds have received $4.6m, Greyhounds $4.5m and Harness $1.3m.

It is clear that we have work to do in this area and the Board is working with an offshore partner to increase our exposure in Australia

The underlined statement is bollocks.  What does it mean?  What will an "offshore partner" do to increase exposure in Australia?  Is this "offshore partner" Harness Racing Australia or a Bookie?  Or TAB AUS?

Is the lower take from export betting (we presume it is lower because detailed figures are not available) influenced by TAB NZ's Trackside programming and broadcasting?  Should HRNZ find an "offshore partner" in OZ to broadcast NZ races?  Or is that Trackside's role?

25 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Get off your ass like i did and find the answers as opposed to saying im posting fake news

But you haven't posted any answers or evidence to support the statements you have made.

26 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Best you go and play with Michael and drive him away like so many before him with your superior attitude and constant questioning.

Keep up your fake news narrative @JJ Flash.  You are only consistent in one thing and that is belittling BOAY and its posters.  I guess you do that to bolster you own superiority.  You avoid answering questions because you don't have the answers but your repeatedly post the glib party line propaganda from the administrators that most of us on BOAY have grown extremely tired of.  If it sounds like BS, looks like BS and walks like BS then it is BS!

27 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

God luck taking on Chiefy Michael but i think that you will tire before he does with his constant challenging of anyone who posts stuff which he cant or wont accept as being  even possible. 

SO WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE THAT HRNZ GOT MORE OR LESS OF WHAT THEY WERE ENTITLED TO?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

SO WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE THAT HRNZ GOT MORE OR LESS OF WHAT THEY WERE ENTITLED TO?

"I am pleased to report that through Racing New Zealand a three year distribution agreement has been reached with the other codes that sees forecasted an additional $3.1 million due to harness for the 2021/2022 racing season."

Direct quote from HRNZ Chair. A simple bit of maths to compare what the code was allocated originally in comparison to the other codes, and then how the extra was divided up makes it patently obvious that negotiations at Racing NZ didn't go well

I don't have permission to quote an Official, so you can choose to either accept or not accept that he said .... we were battered into submission (I don't mind if you don't accept it, that's your choice)

Edited by Michael
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I don't have permission to quote an Official, so you can choose to either accept or not accept that he said .... we were battered into submission (I don't mind if you don't accept it, that's your choice)

I believe, Im a believer Poster M, maybe it was similar to Brods being battered into submission with restrictions hehe.

Hulk Smash Milwaukee GIF by JMatt

• Like 2

HRNZ had an agreement with Thoroughbred racing that the income on offshore betting would be shared evenly between the 3 codes in return for harness racing giving up most of its Saturday race dates. This agreement was thrown out at the latest round of discussions and now as a consequence each code receives the distribution which equates to the percentage of overseas betting on their own code. The amount paid to HRNZ therefore was considerably lower than previous years

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Michael said:

That's a concept Chiefy and a few others on here cant understand.  Its  very likely a factual statement but as the old saying goes" You can lead a horse to water but cant make it drink"

Edited by JJ Flash

49 minutes ago, Robalan said:

HRNZ had an agreement with Thoroughbred racing that the income on offshore betting would be shared evenly between the 3 codes in return for harness racing giving up most of its Saturday race dates. This agreement was thrown out at the latest round of discussions and now as a consequence each code receives the distribution which equates to the percentage of overseas betting on their own code. The amount paid to HRNZ therefore was considerably lower than previous years

Absolutely correct Robalan

Shafted I'd say

I have heard all these arguments before over the years, T/B's should get all the betting on Aussie gallops because it's "our" product

What's the NZ contribution to an Aussie race with no Kiwi horses, no Kiwi trainers, no Kiwi jockeys?

Why should "we" )harness) give up the Saturday afternoons to beam more Auusie races in?

Answer: as per Robalan, to share in the additional income

Well, that answers gone now hasn't it

Edited by Michael
  • Like 1

"I am pleased to report that through Racing New Zealand a three year distribution agreement has been reached with the other codes that sees forecasted an additional $3.1 million due to harness for the 2021/2022 racing season."

So from that statement you deduce the following:

Direct quote from HRNZ Chair. A simple bit of maths to compare what the code was allocated originally in comparison to the other codes, and then how the extra was divided up makes it patently obvious that negotiations at Racing NZ didn't go well

FFS!!  WHAT IS THE SIMPLE MATHS?  

What's more what is the formula going forward?  Or is it a case of who argues best each year?

1 hour ago, Robalan said:

Therefore @JJ Flash cannot argue one way or another that Woodham negotiated well or badly because to quote you it was decided "a a percentage of overseas betting on their own code".  

Which HRNZ have no direct control over!!!!!  Who decides what races are broadcast when and on what channel?  Who decides what days to race on and what time to start those meetings?

What is developing an "overseas partner" mean and what will whatever it entails actually do?

These are questions YOU ALL should be asking.  

1 hour ago, Robalan said:

I stand corrected but my info is that the previous CEO Peter Jensen agreed and signed off on the current deal so Woodhams hands were tied