Bit Of A Yarn

what's going on chief

1 minute ago, hunterthepunter said:

RIP not rip. noodlum

The system does that automatically.  I didn't change it.

What is your agenda Punter aka Paleface?

Just to shit stir?  Speculate (inaccurately) on who posters are?

Or to just be destructive while using your freedom to say what you want?

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Fake News! 1

Just now, Robalan said:

It seems to me that the main posters on this site are overly sensitive and have stopped posting due to taking offence without reason

You're probably right.  Although it doesn't help that some individuals get repetitive. 

That said they would be deeply offended and upset if I allowed some of the vile stuff that some post that I moderate and hide.

One has to question if they are actually interested in Harness Racing at all.

I'm now being abused behind the scenes because someone thinks a poster is someone who they aren't and object to something being used that is in the public domain.

1 hour ago, Robalan said:

I've never understood what drives people to be so negative and destructive when no one is aware of their identity

Some gain a false sense of ownership of a site.  They feel over time that they have invested in it and therefore can dictate how things should be run. 

Anonymity also makes them braver than they are in public.  I always draw the analogy that if you said some of things that some post out loud at the locals table at the pub you'd soon be either laughed off the table or brought into line.

• Like 3

On 12/10/2021 at 5:02 PM, Chief Stipe said:

Anonymity also makes them braver than they are in public.  I always draw the analogy that if you said some of things that some post out loud at the locals table at the pub you'd soon be either laughed off the table or brought into line.

You of course can't know whether this comment is true or not.if you don't know the posters ,how can you have an informed opinion of what,where and to who they would express an opinion? 

Edited by the galah

14 minutes ago, the galah said:

You of course can't know whether this comment is true or not.if you don't know the posters ,how can you have an informed opinion of what,where and to who they would express an opinion? 

I based my comment on real life experience and observational research.  I know a number of individuals who have a much braver online persona than they do in real life. Perhaps that is where the term "Keyboard Warriors" derives from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

I based my comment on real life experience and observational research.  I know a number of individuals who have a much braver online persona than they do in real life. Perhaps that is where the term "Keyboard Warriors" derives from.

I just looked up the definition of keyboard warriors. Its "someone who makes an aggressive or abusive claim on the internet,typically concealing their identity". You don't allow aggressive or abusive posts. And your above definition isn't accurate.

Edited by the galah

18 minutes ago, the galah said:

You don't allow aggressive or abusive posts.

I try not too.  But there have been recent cases of concerted attempts coupled with trolling.

19 minutes ago, the galah said:

And your above definition isn't accurate.

I didn't give a definition.  I said "perhaps that is where the term" came from.  BTW there are multiple definitions from other sources that align with what I suggested.

The point I was making is that from my observation and experience people are more aggressive and opinionated online than they are in person.