Bit Of A Yarn

Are the A/W's already becoming a white elephant ???

nomates

On 12/07/2022 at 5:36 PM, Reefton said:

Because at this time of year they are almost certainly losing money on meetings so why would they want replacements?  No shit no keep the money in the bank for more pies.

They don't care how many meetings get abandoned especially when they are the country venues.  If they can destroy the meagre remaining enthusiasm in the likes of the Hawera and Woodville committees they will be able to seize their assets all the sooner and be able to hand them over to Race and its ilk to piss up against the wall.  And as for the owners/trainers/connections waiting for opportunities - well they have been given shiite treatment for the last twenty plus years so why consider them?

To be fair though what are the options for replacement fixtures with the standard of weather we have been having in this country in the last few weeks?  Pretty tough to find a reasonably dry venue in the lower NI I would have thought? The days of ploughing through knee deep mud, piss poor jockey visibility and/or copping surface water in Jockey's faces are long gone and I wouldn't be holding my breath for Trentham to run if this keeps up.

I know what youre saying, but even despite such biases and incompetency surely its in the best interests of an industry body to at least attempt to try to fix things, this lot just do absolute nothing and thing they have done well.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, nomates said:

Interesting listening to Greame Rogerson being interviewed prior to the first at Cambridge , when asked what his thoughts were on the Synthetic track he stated that they had their place but that he wouldn't run a good horse on it or trial a good horse on it , i wonder if this is a wide spread attitude within the training ranks .

The worrying aspect for me is if he and maybe others think like this , then does this suggests that the horses that they do run on it are dispensable ? 

He / they obviously think there risks associated with running on this surface .

What will be most interesting will be when the CD AWT kicks off, if a certain well connected , strike rate trainer doesn't like it we may see some interesting developments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huey said:

I know what youre saying, but even despite such biases and incompetency surely its in the best interests of an industry body to at least attempt to try to fix things, this lot just do absolute nothing and thing they have done well.

I think it's the arrogance that gets me. How hard would it be for someone to come on here and comment occasionally. It doesn't have to be the big boss, just someone with some basic knowledge would do. I'm sure there is a simple answer to many of our concerns. George fronts the media all the time trying to explain away the warriors lastest cock up, but he doesn't seem to think there is any need for NZTR to interact, other than the occasional PR piece.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Doomed said:

I think it's the arrogance that gets me. How hard would it be for someone to come on here and comment occasionally. It doesn't have to be the big boss, just someone with some basic knowledge would do. I'm sure there is a simple answer to many of our concerns. George fronts the media all the time trying to explain away the warriors lastest cock up, but he doesn't seem to think there is any need for NZTR to interact, other than the occasional PR piece.

If you were them why would you come on a place like this?  Realistically all that is going to happen is a good solid bollocking if they showed their face and tried to justify themselves.

No better to communicate with their puppet masters and eff the proles!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Reefton said:

If you were them why would you come on a place like this?  Realistically all that is going to happen is a good solid bollocking if they showed their face and tried to justify themselves.

No better to communicate with their puppet masters and eff the proles!

Shamefully I fear you are correct.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Doomed said:

While on my pet subject of programming, does anyone find it strange that this week's Riccarton meeting doesn't have a single race restricted to maidens? Especially since the last SI meeting 8 days ago was a feature meeting with only one 1,400m maiden and the next meeting in the South 10 days after Riccarton is also a feature meeting, at Oamaru, with just the one 1,400m maiden programmed.

It must be a hell of a job for a Canty trainer to set a logical programme for their horses. Compare that to the NI where they run endless maiden races.

They must listen to us. I see they have just added a maiden 1,200m to Oamaru. They do warn it won't be split though. That is despite 18 horses being split into two fields at Cambridge yesterday: different rules for the SI.

32 minutes ago, Doomed said:

They must listen to us. I see they have just added a maiden 1,200m to Oamaru. They do warn it won't be split though. That is despite 18 horses being split into two fields at Cambridge yesterday: different rules for the SI.

Why would they come out and say well in advance that they aren't going to split it , is it to scare people into running on the A/W in case they don't get a run at Oamaru . I thought that they were supposed to work with industry participants not intimidate them into running horses where it best suits the management . 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

A stable informant informed me his best horse is trialling today? He just won't tell which one.......Bastard.

Yeah i know him too but the prick won't drop the name to me either . I watched Imperatriz win very impressively , looks like she could be taking over the MB/Avantage mantle .

48 minutes ago, nomates said:

Yeah i know him too but the prick won't drop the name to me either . I watched Imperatriz win very impressively , looks like she could be taking over the MB/Avantage mantle .

My informant sent me a smiley emoji, does that mean he/she is happy?

51 minutes ago, curious said:

Because? 2 weeks out from the National meeting? Surely has to be open 3 days a week at the moment?

No.  It will be getting looked after UNTIL the meeting.  

Edited by Freda

1 hour ago, Freda said:

Unavailable

Also UNAVAILABLE are the results of this mornings trials on the AWT.

Do they still have telecommunications at Riccarton or will the results be sent by saddle pony to Picton to catch the overnight ferry to Petone, and posted at a later stage?

I note all 15 of the Foxton trial videos are already posted, as are many of Cambridge's.

1 minute ago, KickintheKods said:

Also UNAVAILABLE are the results of this mornings trials on the AWT.

Do they still have telecommunications at Riccarton or will the results be sent by saddle pony to Picton to catch the overnight ferry to Petone, and posted at a later stage?

I note all 15 of the Foxton trial videos are already posted, as are many of Cambridge's.

I've seen one.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Freda said:

No.  It will be getting looked after UNTIL the meeting.  

It's still very new, and doesn't need to be hammered in wet weather.

And while I understand completely,  I find it ironic that a track destined for closure provides the only realistic grass gallop at this point.

Edited by Freda
  • Like 2