Bit Of A Yarn

Are the A/W's already becoming a white elephant ???

nomates

17 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

On the alternate site I see there is a gold medalist in fuckwuitism, Tasman Lad, if ever there was proof lunatics and cockroaches can survive nuclear fallout ....he's it. And to think the Devils pooch gives him oxygen, FFS.......

Might have him confused but I believe it could be Robert Dunn another who genuflects at the altar at the viaduct which is really a crime ridden dump anyway.

• Bad Post 1

52 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

On the alternate site I see there is a gold medalist in fuckwuitism, Tasman Lad, if ever there was proof lunatics and cockroaches can survive nuclear fallout ....he's it. And to think the Devils pooch gives him oxygen, FFS.......

Read that this morning Joe , if ever there was an example of why NZ racing is in the shit it is , it is this type of attitude , all is well if you just keep saying positive affirmations , if you don't look then you never know how bad things are going . I have had my share of words with Tasman Man , and i'm sure he's on some PR payroll , he has become the voice of positive reason on channel X , anybody says anything like a negative critique of NZ racing he comes on with a belittling diatribe of positivity extolling the virtues of NZ racing , like it's not in hole .

His dig at Pam being a battler with nothing but negativity about NZ racing shows how little he understands NZ racing , it has been made up of battlers for decades , it's the battlers that have kept racing going , but we are now seeing the demise of this racing sector , and it is funny how the demise of NZ racing can be aligned with the continuing marginalization and hence loss of these coalface participants .

The numbers of owner trainers and small permit to train trainers are but a shadow of what they used to be , 20 or so years ago i counted in the calendar something like 700+ people that held these licences , count them now , be lucky if it was a third of that number .

But hey all is sweet and smelling of honey in NZ racing , is that positive enough .  

• Like 6

Interesting comments on the other channel about the AWT being great for training purposes. If that is the case that is something positive to come out of them, but why weren't they honest in the beginning  about the real reasons for having these tracks if the training was the main reason?

I'm hearing that there are beginning to be some concerns from the riders about riding on these surfaces race days, not sure how true those concerns are but one can understand why there would be given recent events.

I've met Gary on a number of occasions. Always found him a nice bloke to have a chat to - but as others have alluded to, the internet persona can differ from the reality.

Classic example is our mate Tomarse. Beaut bugger in person but a knob in front of a keyboard.

Anyway, heres an article written by none other than Tim Barton back in the day.

https://www.pressreader.com/new-zealand/waikato-times/20070713/283450661997151

• Like 4

I've known plenty of lucky buggers that were complete fuckwits KITK.......plenty, eventually though, their luck ran out, some suffered dementia and some ill health, whilst I wouldn't wish that on anyone, well, almost anyone, this fella overstepped the mark, subsequently will have to wear the fuckwit label for some time, probably until an apology is forthcoming, will that happen? I hope so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Bad Post 1

21 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Is that 'moderation' or medication?.....or both.

As one who was probably the first in NZ to participate on racing forums going back to 1994 when a forum ausrace started up from WA (Western Australia) I have a good knowledge of the goings on from then on. Leo Molloy from probably 10 years or more ago began viciously denigrating Pam. Seemed to go a few years without the insults but you never knew when out of the blue he would come up with something again. The moderator there be it himself or McKenzie just turned a blind eye so this tasman man I presume thought he was on safe ground having a go himself. Tasman man's insults quite mild compared to Molloy.

So I ask. Isn't the stand taken by McKenzie a bit hypocritical? And isn't that just another reason why not just one but other breakaway forums were started up.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

10 minutes ago, The Centaur said:

As one who was probably the first in NZ to participate on racing forums going back to 1994 when a forum ausrace started up from WA (Western Australia) I have a good knowledge of the goings on from then on. Leo Molloy from probably 10 years or more ago began viciously denigrating Pam. Seemed to go a few years without the insults but you never knew when out of the blue he would come up with something again. The moderator there be it himself or McKenzie just turned a blind eye so this tasman man I presume thought he was on safe ground having a go himself. Tasman man's insults quite mild compared to Molloy.

So I ask. Isn't the stand taken by McKenzie a bit hypocritical? And isn't that just another reason why not just one but other breakaway forums were started up.

Sheeesh..don't remind me.    Plenty others got hammered too...you as well unless I have the wrong person.

29 minutes ago, Freda said:

Sheeesh..don't remind me.    Plenty others got hammered too...you as well unless I have the wrong person.

Yes maybe in the hundreds. People just don't realise the effects when there is an abuser like that. When one is running a business and using one's own name it can be quite harrowing. Also it can lead to uncomfortable situations. Take the case of Chris Wood. I have always found him affable and pleasant to talk to at the races. However he is a staunch supporter of Molloy and I wonder if he is such a great mate why not just offer a bit of advice.

Strangely narcissists seek refuge on racing forums, for whatever reason, which is sad in itself, as we racing buffs have enough to contend with without height deprived angry little men trying to destroy our day/s.

Comic dog is a hypocrite, he finally met someone with the same IQ as himself in TM........it's kinda funny watching them publicly spat, Freda could buy and sell them both in the integrity stakes, the Viaduct Viper included.......so lets sit back and enjoy the action, and Bullet Bet has odds of 1-2 that the thread will be axed shortly.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Cambridge trials abandoned, lack of entries, hows that work out Saundry? and the other useless bludgers, largest training centre in Oceana they tell me? WTF ? .........I wonder if Jacinda's racing boffins have told her yet......''Your Highness, I think we fucked up'' these lunatics have pissed our 45 mil up against the wall......

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Cambridge trials abandoned, lack of entries, hows that work out Saundry? and the other useless bludgers, largest training centre in Oceana they tell me? WTF ? .........I wonder if Jacinda's racing boffins have told her yet......''Your Highness, I think we fucked up'' these lunatics have pissed our 45 mil up against the wall......

It's Ok , it's taxpayers money so who cares . Could build 100+ state built houses .

They will be waiting for the Te Awamutu trials next week , the northern trainers made it clear when they forced them to put on the Tauranga trials a couple of weeks ago , because trainers wanted grass track trials . The question is whether the powers take this on board .

I see that the Foxton trials have been xfer'd to the Palmy A/W , 22 heats , be interesting to see what the numbers are like in 12 months . Could be the same because of fewer opportunities to trial , or maybe the Levin J/O's will get a massive boost .  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nomates said:

It's Ok , it's taxpayers money so who cares . Could build 100+ state built houses .

They will be waiting for the Te Awamutu trials next week , the northern trainers made it clear when they forced them to put on the Tauranga trials a couple of weeks ago , because trainers wanted grass track trials . The question is whether the powers take this on board .

I see that the Foxton trials have been xfer'd to the Palmy A/W , 22 heats , be interesting to see what the numbers are like in 12 months . Could be the same because of fewer opportunities to trial , or maybe the Levin J/O's will get a massive boost .  

They'll have to take out these venues like Te Awamutu & Levin to make it work.

2 hours ago, Joe Bloggs said:

The Awapuni corner into the straight seems very sharp. Can't see how fair racing can eventuate.

19 minutes ago, Huey said:

They'll have to take out these venues like Te Awamutu & Levin to make it work.

And no doubt they would do it if they had to , but , the Northern trainers made it clear they wanted grass track trials in the local area , didn't want to track all the way to Ruakaka for a grass track and didn't want to trial young ones on the A/W , so they put on trials at Tauranga . 

I think they have done a lot of work at Te Awamutu to fix the track to get it back to racing standard , they have had jumpouts and now trials next week , will they get a raceday ? the big question .

• Like 2