Bit Of A Yarn

Forbury

Steve mulcay is not fit to be a steward.he favours the purdons in everything he does.he and his cognitive impairment stewards failed again tonight to even ask questions regarding the tactics into two favourites who were solely there for a tune up and were not there to win or even try to win.both horses Merlin and major perry were both dropped out to last and both were given zero chance to win.in Merlin's case it was a change in race pattern definitely and questions needed asking but not so much major perry when you have a girl on it that's hopeless like 99%of female drivers.i can name on one hand the females that can drive the rest are bad Bader and pathetic.this is retarded Steward who failed the punters when Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussen had planned to fix a major race to help sell a poor horse to USA.mark strangled a 1.10 fav to let her lead when there was zero chance of beyond words ever leading let alone beating amazing dream.this retard must join Peter lamb in the shame box of NZ trots

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Forbury said:

Steve mulcay is not fit to be a steward.he favours the purdons in everything he does.he and his cognitive impairment stewards failed again tonight to even ask questions regarding the tactics into two favourites who were solely there for a tune up and were not there to win or even try to win.both horses Merlin and major perry were both dropped out to last and both were given zero chance to win.in Merlin's case it was a change in race pattern definitely and questions needed asking but not so much major perry when you have a girl on it that's hopeless like 99%of female drivers.i can name on one hand the females that can drive the rest are bad Bader and pathetic.this is retarded Steward who failed the punters when Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussen had planned to fix a major race to help sell a poor horse to USA.mark strangled a 1.10 fav to let her lead when there was zero chance of beyond words ever leading let alone beating amazing dream.this retard must join Peter lamb in the shame box of NZ trots

STOP beating around the bush and tell us what you really think Lord Forbes

Nice second to Elmer and Postie

Lord Forbes.jpg

9 hours ago, Forbury said:

not sure the stipes could be criticised too much on this occasion  forbury.

i do agree that trainers should notify any change in tactics,as you have referred to for merlin,however there isn't any rule around there to enforce and only the trainers who give great consideration to punters perception tend to do that,and its not very often.Perhaps thats because once they notify the public,they are locked in to tactics that may be better changed as a race develops.

As to major perry,crystal hackett actually drove with more aggression than normal from my perspective.She tried to get into the race with a move from the 800m,but just wasn't up to it.

I often think North island form is often all over the place when you get the same horses running at auckland and  cambridge. For example the wallis /hackett horses always have to be viewed with caution by punters when they run at cambrifge. The odd one goes ok,but more often than not they go much better at auckland. I don't know why,maybe they travel a lot further or they are better right handed,but its quite noticeable.

Cambridge is a track with a frontrunning/rails bias,but most are these days.

Edited by the galah
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Forbury said:

over the hill forbs?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Forbury said:

Rasmussen had planned to fix a major race to help sell a poor horse to USA.mark strangled a 1.10 fav to let her lead when there was zero chance of beyond words ever leading let alone beating amazing dream

Amazing Dream mainly a stayer Forb's and in a sprint probably better to go with a sit. (like she did for the head 2nd to Beyond words) In Brisbane she trailed the leader and won in a sprint using the sprint lane inside leader Krug. Copy That was 2nd too . Amazing Dream picked up 150k for the great win . A week later she was beaten a head by a 100-1 local Jerada's Delight over a mile as 1.60 fav. same as Beyond Words. so can't win all the time mate ? Goes close though. Beaten fav into 4th over a mile at Cambridge in her last Nz start the Jewels too. 

4 hours ago, the galah said:

I often think North island form is often all over the place when you get the same horses running at auckland and  cambridge. For example the wallis /hackett horses always have to be viewed with caution by punters when they run at cambrifge. The odd one goes ok,but more often than not they go much better at auckland. I don't know why,maybe they travel a lot further or they are better right handed,but its quite noticeable.

Oh I just put that in another thread , before seeing this about your bet on American Muscle. Yes it sure seems to be the case alright, (what you have posted here)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 11:36 AM, Gammalite said:

Amazing Dream mainly a stayer Forb's and in a sprint probably better to go with a sit. (like she did for the head 2nd to Beyond words) In Brisbane she trailed the leader and won in a sprint using the sprint lane inside leader Krug. Copy That was 2nd too . Amazing Dream picked up 150k for the great win . A week later she was beaten a head by a 100-1 local Jerada's Delight over a mile as 1.60 fav. same as Beyond Words. so can't win all the time mate ? Goes close though. Beaten fav into 4th over a mile at Cambridge in her last Nz start the Jewels too. 

Oh I just put that in another thread , before seeing this about your bet on American Muscle. Yes it sure seems to be the case alright, (what you have posted here)

You must stop defending Mark Purdon on amazing dream at 1.10 vs beyond words Natalie Rasmussen and read that stewards report it makes it even more dodgy in my opinion it does not make you look good about your knowledge of racing and you are one of the best in your knowledge all the best champ

• Haha 1

I have really let shree Tomlinson have it as her driving had not improved and she was not driving well getting many horses beaten as a result.she has really picked up her game recently and is now clearly the best female driver in nz hands down.her drive on covalley star to win the FFA was proof that she now can be trusted to deliver the goods in a huge turnaround.other contenders would be Sarah and sam.sarah is still improving of limited opportunities and Sam just can not rate a horse to win and her driving had not improved a inch in the last ten years and is pathetic in a finish makes wrong decisions so she cannot be a contender.its great to see all the young girls come through with a few having enough ability to progress in the game.

6 hours ago, Forbury said:

You must stop defending Mark Purdon on amazing dream at 1.10 vs beyond words Natalie Rasmussen and read that stewards report it makes it even more dodgy in my opinion it does not make you look good about your knowledge of racing and you are one of the best in your knowledge all the best champ

Here's the 2 race results in question. I'm sticking by my opinion of Nothing wrong with the Purdon drive. Even if it doesn't make me look good lol. 🤣.  Allstars 2 good quinella's as per usual

Amazing Dream only just won the week before when Tim Williams drove Beyond Words (5 wins from 9 starts)

Why wouldn't you take a Sit on a Fast Stable-mate ?? I'd do it every time and give yourself extra fuel to win at the end?

Perfect drive from Mark as per usual in an attempt to win yet another Group 1. 

Even says Nat 'crowded' in on Amazing Dream in your stipes report . You try and win when someone does that ???

here's the stipes report and the 2 race results.  2 Great Quinella's from Allstars as per usual.  

AMAZING DREAM - crowded momentarily near the 50 metres. Stewards questioned driver M Purdon regarding his decision to hand up the lead to the improving BEYOND WORDS racing down the back the first time. Mr Purdon explained that his mare had raced best previously when able to be driven with cover so felt that his best option was to take a trail on BEYOND WORDS when that runner improved forward strongly. Mr Purdon added that he was also mindful of the manner in which BEYOND WORDS had taken ground off AMAZING DREAM over the final stages at the mare's last start when having led up.
BEYOND WORDS - shifted in under pressure near the 50 metres momentarily crowding AMAZING DREAM.

Horse :  1st Beyond Words (by a head only) 

11 Dec 2020

Auckland (Group 1) Queen of Hearts Pace.

Driver:   N C Rasmussen

Trainer:  M Purdon & Ms N C Rasmussen

Distance: 2200m

Starters:9

Stake: $89,300.00

Won:  $52,250.00

Time:

2-38.2 (1-55.7)

1st  Beyond Words

2nd  Amazing Dream

3rd  Callie's Delight

4th  Enchantee

head,   4 1/4 lengths  , head

04 Dec 2020   Horse : Beyond Words (placed 2nd) 

Auckland (Group 3)

Driver:  T M Williams

Distance:   2200m

Starters:  9

Stake:   $26,790.00

Winners Time:  2-45.2 (2-00.8)

1st  Amazing Dream

2nd  Beyond Words

3rd  Dina Brown

4th  Callie's Delight

• Fake News! 1

10 hours ago, Forbury said:

I have really let shree Tomlinson have it as her driving had not improved and she was not driving well getting many horses beaten as a result.she has really picked up her game recently and is now clearly the best female driver in nz hands down.her drive on covalley star to win the FFA was proof that she now can be trusted to deliver the goods in a huge turnaround.other contenders would be Sarah and sam.sarah is still improving of limited opportunities and Sam just can not rate a horse to win and her driving had not improved a inch in the last ten years and is pathetic in a finish makes wrong decisions so she cannot be a contender.its great to see all the young girls come through with a few having enough ability to progress in the game.

I’m with Sarah just needs a big stable to get behind her won again last night on an outsider if you look at her drives other than junior drivers race or a junior claiming race her drives are rarely in top 3 or 4 favourites horses just run for her

• Champ Post 1

On 2/24/2023 at 9:32 AM, Gammalite said:

Here's the 2 race results in question. I'm sticking by my opinion of Nothing wrong with the Purdon drive. Even if it doesn't make me look good lol. 🤣.  Allstars 2 good quinella's as per usual

Amazing Dream only just won the week before when Tim Williams drove Beyond Words (5 wins from 9 starts)

Why wouldn't you take a Sit on a Fast Stable-mate ?? I'd do it every time and give yourself extra fuel to win at the end?

Even says Nat 'crowded' in on Amazing Dream in your stipes report . You try and win when someone does that ???

here's the stipes report and the 2 race results.  2 Great Quinella's from Allstars as per usual.  

AMAZING DREAM - crowded momentarily near the 50 metres. Stewards questioned driver M Purdon regarding his decision to hand up the lead to the improving BEYOND WORDS racing down the back the first time. Mr Purdon explained that his mare had raced best previously when able to be driven with cover so felt that his best option was to take a trail on BEYOND WORDS when that runner improved forward strongly. Mr Purdon added that he was also mindful of the manner in which BEYOND WORDS had taken ground off AMAZING DREAM over the final stages at the mare's last start when having led up.
BEYOND WORDS - shifted in under pressure near the 50 metres momentarily crowding AMAZING DREAM.

11 Dec 2020

Time:

2-38.2 (1-55.7)

1st  Beyond Words

2nd  Amazing Dream

3rd  Callie's Delight

4th  Enchantee

Auckland (Group 3)

1st  Amazing Dream

2nd  Beyond Words

3rd  Dina Brown

4th  Callie's Delight

Why you are very wrong is pretty simple.it was a very weak race.2 there was zero chance of any horse leading amazing dream.3 amazing dream was 1.10 for that reason.she was not better driven for a sit against mares she had lengths on.4 it was a preconceived PLAN to hand the lead up watch race again mark grabbed holed and looked straight away for Natalie.5 mark Purdon made sure it could not run past beyond words by locking wheels with it.6 you believe a proven long term cheat in mark Purdon words to escape punishment.good luck to mark in the future training gallopers as he's going to need it.he cannot team drive he cannot juice them up and he's a novice in training gallopers and he's going to do it NZ where racing is dead and buried as he will race for baked beans compared to australia.then he thinks he can compete against the best trainers in Australia he's delusional.as I've said before this coward cheat is best to go to USA where they are allowed to race on drugs and team drive.oh if the amazing dream beyond words race happened in USA Canada France beyond words gets dsq  BEYOND WORDS - shifted in under pressure near the 50 metres momentarily crowding AMAZING DREAM.

On 2/24/2023 at 9:32 AM, Gammalite said:

11 Dec 2020

Time:

2-38.2 (1-55.7)

1st  Beyond Words

2nd  Amazing Dream

3rd  Callie's Delight

4th  Enchantee

Auckland (Group 3)

1st  Amazing Dream

2nd  Beyond Words

3rd  Dina Brown

4th  Callie's Delight

Here's the 2 race results in question. I'm sticking by my opinion of Nothing wrong with the Purdon drive thanks for making me laugh as you believe that he actually tried his best to win is so laughable it ain't funny.so you want to say if Mark and Nat didn't plan what they did plan and mark lead he would of be beaten now that's funny.keep defending a proven cheat and proven team driver.

Amazing Dream mainly a stayer.lol lol lol that's why it's in north America racing of a mile lol and how's beyond words going there oh a complete flop due to them conning the Americans.you really need to stop defending a filthy cheat.you are making yourself look as stupid as Steve malcay 

One last fact and post.anyone here responsible for a death of a human being anyone.mark Purdon is

5 hours ago, Forbury said:

Amazing Dream mainly a stayer.lol lol lol that's why it's in north America racing of a mile lol and how's beyond words going there oh a complete flop due to them conning the Americans.you really need to stop defending a filthy cheat.you are making yourself look as stupid as Steve malcay 

Don't know what Steve Malcay looks like mate , or why he is stupid. You getting too cranky with me cause Nat did a good job beating Mark once , and Mark doing a good job Not leaving Stablemate in the death seat in a G1. They finished 4 lengths clear of the rest of the field in a Group 1 . you don't recognise excellence when you see it. If that is a stupid assessment by me that you think is stupid , well I can't help that. (BTW Nat has beaten Mark several times in Feature Races) and so I have No need to defend anything or feel stupid because You say So either ? 

Amazing Dream (at $1.30 odds) led up the NZ STANDARDBRED BREEDERS stakes exactly 2 years ago. Was run down by Watch Me Now and Kirstin Green from the trail. They were 10 lengths clear of 3rd horse. Horses race best with a trail mate a lot of the time. Why shouldn't Mark take a trail time to time as well ? He actually knows How to Drive A horse mate ?? and you know better ? has to keep lead because you say so ? 

The results are better than anyone in Nz Harness racing History.  you just have to get a grip and get cheating out of your mind. Mark and Nat had just won the Auckland Interdominion with some excellent 'Team driving' with Ultimate Sniper around that time Beyond Words was racing as well . You Must have been having heart-attack with frustration? so maybe just go to the gallops then Forbs? if you think harness racing is stupid or cheats or whatever else you think of stewards/drivers trainers. Might be less stressful for you .....(just thinking of your health mate) 

45 minutes ago, KickintheKods said:

And here was me thinking doubling his medication was the best thing to assist his health Gam !!

Forbs reads a race like my deaf and blind cat........and dribbles about as much as well.

i've always thought forbury a pretty good judge, but agree he just over does the negativity around some personalities who have diminished his returns from punting.

When he goes on about the mark purdon amazing dream drive,he is referring to what many  believe was an infamous example of team driving.Not everyone has that opinion,but many do.

True

It's probably the main reason I very rarely punt on standardbreds, so I humbly apologise to you Forbs. It was tongue in cheek.

From a galloping point of view, I had a chat to Mark at the recent sales. 

I did point out to him that there was very little team riding here in NZ, with the odd exception, and that he was going to have to get on the KETO diet very soon if he intended to make correct weight.

He laughed and mumbled something about the incredible Blue Magic diet.

• Haha 1