• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Well they could have 2  strong chances in Every Major Feature race thereafter I spose. from about 2010 onwards possibly?.  that's when Blacks A fake finished up in Oz for Nat.  (interesting funfact that champ never won in NZ in 3 starts there 🙄)  But Mark was fantastic way before that mate. right from the Get-go in the 90's.   Winning the Interdomion for his dad and Barry with Mark Hanover at home in Auckland around 92' , and then going out on his own , winning an enormous amount of NZ Derbies , had Il Vicolo , trotter Pride of Petite winning everything. And a whole heap of great trotters like Buster , etc...The list of 100 horses I could reel off for you winning Feature races,  before Natalie came along is just through the ceiling 'Incredible'.  Most Trainers can't even get horses into these races , let alone WIN them all the time . Mark is the 'Usain Bolt' of harness. Always been in front of the field. Shame about American Me stopping him Winning the ROY PURDON Memorial' last night , but handicaps are designed to even up the contest. so it worked I spose . as it has in 100+ years of trotting history in NZ  
    • Only a fool would dispute their achievements Gamma. I don't believe anyone is doing that. The All Stars set the benchmark and set it very high. They will continue winning quality races but there is a change unfolding regarding their once invincible dominance.  As much as I respect the family and their achievements, I don't feel the same sets of owners taking the cream off the cake season after season is good thing for the game. Perhaps that's why horses like Franco Ice, The Bru Czar, Dillon Dale and Dean etc etc were big favs. They always had to do it the hard way and at times against opposition prepared to use their numerical advantage to nullify them even if that meant deploying a sacrificial lamb.  Perhaps I'm an idealist at heart. I love a good fight but it needs to be a fair fight
    • just happened log on to tab and the full page is back working, with thanks!
    • Gun Song (f, 3, Gun Runner–Nicole H, by Mr. Greeley), fourth while making her two-turn debut in the GII Gulfstream Park Oaks Mar. 30, fired her best shot as the 2-1 favorite in Friday's GII George E. Mitchell Black-Eyed Susan S. at Pimlico. Gun Song sat a stalking trip in second, turned up the heat on the far turn and kicked clear in the stretch to win by four lengths. Corposo (Vino Rosso) was second; Call Another Play (Audible) was third. Gun Song becomes the 22nd graded/group stakes winner for Gun Runner. The final time for the 1 1/8 miles was 1:51.39. Lifetime Record: 6-3-1-1. Sales history: $120,000 yrl '22 KEESEP; $400,000 2yo '23 OBSMAR. O-R. Lee Lewis; B-Marianne Stribling (Ky); T-Mark A. Hennig. Friday, Pimlico GEORGE E. MITCHELL BLACK-EYED SUSAN S.-GII, $300,000, Pimlico, 5-17, 3yo, f, 1 1/8m, 1:51.39, ft. 1–GUN SONG, 118, f, 3, by Gun Runner                 1st Dam: Nicole H (GSW & GISP, $811,144),                                 by Mr. Greeley                 2nd Dam: Hot Chipotle, by Victory Gallop                 3rd Dam: Cajun Cat, by Storm Cat 1ST BLACK TYPE WIN, 1ST GRADED STAKES WIN. ($120,000 Ylg '22 KEESEP; $400,000 2yo '23 OBSMAR). O-R. Lee Lewis; B-Marianne Stribling (KY); T-Mark A. Hennig; J-John R. Velazquez. $180,000. Lifetime Record: 6-3-1-1, $311,340. Werk Nick Rating: A. Click for the eNicks report & 5-cross pedigree. Click for the free Equineline.com catalogue-style pedigree. 2–Corposo, 118, f, 3, Vino Rosso–Manki, by Arch. O-Madaket Stables LLC and Slam Dunk Racing; B-Nick Cosato (KY); T-Peter Eurton. $60,000. 3–Call Another Play, 120, f, 3, Audible–Past as Prelude, by Bernardini. 1ST GRADED BLACK TYPE. O/B-R. Larry Johnson (MD); T-Michael J. Trombetta. $30,000. Margins: 3 1/4, NK, 3 1/4. Odds: 2.30, 3.00, 9.60. Also Ran: Whocouldaskformo, Lemon Muffin, Ringy Dingy, Jeanne Marie, Recharge. Click for the Equibase.com chart and the TJCIS.com PPs. VIDEO, sponsored by FanDuel TV. The post Gun Song Fires Best Shot in Black-Eyed Susan appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions. View the full article
    • So what's the "other part of the reason"? Although I concur with @Gammalite that your analysis is way off and factually baseless.
  • Topics