• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Fair enough if you are back punting due to Promos and App! Not sure what Promo’s are attracting you and what is positive about the App? Personally not seeing many positives at all for punters or the industry medium term?
    • I disagree, I think the App, Promos etc are a big improvement. I’m back punting at the TAB
    • I never watch on PC, I’m not that old.  Mostly watch racing on sky, although have watched odd race on Freeview tv again, so that should excite some.  TAB app works brilliant on IPad, easy to switch channels and gives split screen option. All up, thumbs up, big improvement all around. 
    • What Dark Jewel Classic Day Where Scone Race Club – 434 Bunnan Rd, Scone NSW 2337 When Saturday, May 18, 2024 First Race 11:05am AEST Visit Dabble The Group 3 Dark Jewel Classic (1400m) for the fillies and mares headlines a bumper 10-part program at Scone this Saturday. After racing in the true position on Friday, the rail moves out +3m between the 800m mark and the winning post. Light rainfall is expected throughout the day, so punters should anticipate a downgrade into the Soft range at some stage. The opening event is scheduled to get underway at 11:05am AEST. Dark Jewel Classic Pick: Ghaanati Ghaanati had no luck second-up at Hawkesbury on May 4, travelling three deep without cover for the entire journey. Despite the torrid run in transit, the daughter of Deep Impact continued to whack away into a top-four finish. Gate one ensures an economical run this time, and although she gives up 5.5kg to the minimum weight, Ghaanati appears primed to strike third-up in the Dark Jewel Classic. Dark Jewel Classic Race 8 – #2 Ghaanati (1) 4yo Mare | T: Peter & Paul Snowden | J: Joshua Parr (58.5kg) +750 with PlayUp Ortensia Stakes Pick: Insurrection The Michael Freedman-trained Insurrection is building a formidable resume, with 20 starts for seven wins and eight minor placings — including his most recent success in the Listed Canterbury Sprint (1200m) on January 1. Zac Lloyd boasts a terrific record of six starts for five wins aboard the four-year-old, and although he is first-up after 138-day spell, Insurrection has the class to dispatch his rivals. Ortensia Stakes Race 7 – #1 Insurrection (3) 4yo Gelding | T: Michael Freedman | J: Zac Lloyd (60kg) +400 with Bet365 Best Bet at Scone: Unusual Legacy Unusual Legacy struggled over an unsuitable trip first-up at Rosehill on April 27. He was doing his best work late under the urgings of Amy McLucas and closed to within a length of Highlights to suggest the four-year-old will take major benefit from the run. He struck second-up last preparation off a similar effort, and provided Jason Collet can sit within striking distance when turning for home, Unusual Legacy will prove hard to hold out. Best Bet Race 4 – #8 Unusual Legacy (3) 4yo Gelding | T: Chris Waller | J: Jason Collett (57kg) +150 with Neds Next Best at Scone: Jewellery Jewellery lost no admirers when going down by a half-length to Spring Lee at Canterbury on May 1. That run came fresh off a 427-day spell, so she should strip fitter for this BM72 contest. From barrier two, Zac Lloyd should be able to get on the back of the leading pair, and once asked for the ultimate effort, watch for Jewellery to bound clear with the prize. Next Best Race 5 – #8 Jewellery (2) 4yo Mare | T: James Cummings | J: Zac Lloyd (58kg) +300 with Unibet Best Value at Scone: Kalino Kalino was disappointing in the Group 3 Hall Mark Stakes (1200m) at Randwick on April 20, running last in unsuitable Heavy conditions. Chris Waller sent the five-year-old gelding back to the trials, and the son of Pierro strode out comfortably at Warwick Farm on May 7. Punters should expect a highly competitive outing by Kalino in the Listed Luskin Star Stakes (1300m) at enticing each-way price with online bookmakers. Best Value Race 9 – #6 Kalino (4) 5yo Gelding | T: Chris Waller | J: Sam Clipperton (55.5kg) +1200 with Picklebet Saturday quaddie tips – Dark Jewel Classic Day Scone quadrella selections Saturday, May 18, 2024 1-3-6-15 1-2-4-11-16 1-2-6-7-9-14 4-6-7-8-14 | Copy this bet straight to your betslip Horse racing tips View the full article
    • Overall, I’m very pleased with the new App. Issues been fixed, not as slow, and great 2nd, 3rd & 4th promos being offered on all races at 3 meetings tomorrow, as well as fixed odds surge at other meeting.  First time in over 6 years, that I will bet more with the TAB tomorrow rather than Sportsbet.
  • Topics