Bit Of A Yarn

Another meeting bites the dust.

barryb

9 minutes ago, Mark D said:

Track redone, approved and tested by current administration who have done the same thing a number of times over the past decade but they are still in their jobs.

Why didn't they run a set of barrier trials there for Gods sake, New Zealand's only living brain donors, Petone!

Been outta the racing loop today.

Came in off the farm spraying thistles to see on TV, jockeys  and suits wandering round looking at the track ...

Then I heard the steward talking about why it was called off ...

Then I saw a replay of a field of horses coming round the turn and at least one slipping ...

Talk about deja vu all over again.  I could have even "sung along" with the steward's wee piece to camera.  It was all eerily predictable and familiar ....

What a bloody shambles. 

Hi , new poster here , problem as usual and has been for a long time , tracks are watered just enough to maintain some give on top and look good , never enough to get moisture down deep where the real concussion occurs . So you end up with the hard pan underneath . Bright side could cut Otaki track up and sell as ready lawn .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

The sooner they close  some of these tracks down for good the better!

Yes perhaps - but remember that abandonments have not just been at the smaller country tracks - they have been happening at major venues as well.

It might be logical to assume when tracks are closed down, that concentrating resources & expertise (which was previously spread thinly across the motu) will put an end to these debacles.

But I'm not so sure the industry leaders even recognise what expertise is - or understand what resources are needed.  So I believe that until the governance issues are sorted out once and for all - this closing tracks juggernaut will not prove to be the silver bullet it's touted to be ...

J. 

Edited by jess
correction
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

we got serious problems in NZ racing and nobody gives a damn. Look at those bloody Tongans, still laughing and happy even if their team got whipped by Aussie, but one thing is sure, non of those bloody Tongans has had the " horse racing ownership experience." Then they wouldn't be so jovial and funloving !

Just seen news article that said 40 Tongans were brawling, pool of blood in the street! So not all happy