Bit Of A Yarn

BGP To Win $1m if Cool n Fast wins Karaka

Chief Stipe

5 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Nothing irrational about it...the complete opposite.If Entain impresses you with their 'initiatives'...good luck to..you.

Eh?  How did you derive that from what I posted?

My views are clear about Entain.  I don't believe they can earn enough revenue in NZ to meet or sustain their NZ commitments.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Doomed said:

I don't follow this sort of thing at all, but does this mean they already have a bet on for Karaka night before they actually have people join the syndicate? Do the TAB let them bet on credit assuming they will have money in a few weeks to pay for it?

They have an option on the TAB main menu where you can buy Syndicate "shares" at $1.01.  I assume it is the money collected in shares that is then bet.  Perhaps they have already sold a few hundred thousand "shares" allowing them to bet already.  In my opinion the whole thing smells a bit.  

Screenshot_20231227_095655_TAB Mobile.jpg

Need To Know

Ignore the $1.01 odds when buying your Punters Club stake. Every $1 you bet on this option gives you $1 in the Punters Club. By way of example only, if you place a bet of $100 on the Punters Club betting option you will get a $100 share in the Boys Get Paid (BGP) Punters Club syndicate.

Depending on the success of the bets placed as part of the BGP Punters Club on Karaka Millions night 2024, a dividend will be declared at the completion of the day (around 8:30pm).

By way of example only, if the initial syndicate pool is $50,000 and $100,000 is the balance at the end of the day, you will receive $2 for every $1 you've invested. On the flip side, if there is only $10,000 at the end of the day, you will receive $0.20 for every $1 you've invested.

Please don't use Bonus Bets as these will not be eligible for a Punters Club payout.

See below for full Terms and Conditions. 

Terms & Conditions

Boys Get Paid (BGP) Karaka Millions 2024 Punters Club Terms and Conditions

1. On Saturday 27 January, 2024 (the “Syndicate Period”), the TAB will run a TAB National Syndicate titled the “BGP Karaka Millions Punters Club” (the “Syndicate”).

2. The Syndicate will be operated in accordance with Rule 12.23 (TAB National Syndicate) of the TAB Betting Rules (the “Rules”) and these Terms and Conditions. Any expression not defined in these Terms and Conditions but defined in the Rules shall bear the same meaning in these Terms and Conditions as in the Rules.

3. Syndicate Vouchers will be available for purchase on the TAB app and website, available here, and via Option 3172 in our TAB stores.

4. Purchasing of Syndicate Vouchers will commence no earlier than 9:00am on Tuesday 21 November, 2023, and will be available for purchase until the commencement of the 2024 Karaka Million Meeting. For the avoidance of doubt, the TAB may for any reason, and at its sole discretion, refuse the purchase of a Syndicate Voucher from any person without giving a reason.

5. A Syndicate Voucher may be purchased containing Syndicate Shares in multiples of $0.01 units. $0.01 is the minimum Syndicate Voucher value.

6. The Syndicate Dividend will be declared by the TAB as a Syndicate Share in the amount of $1.00 (i.e. 100 x $0.01 units).

7. Subject to condition 9, the Race Meeting available for the Syndicate Investor is any race during the Syndicate Period (the “Syndicate Races”).

8. The Final Syndicate Pool will be determined at the end of the Syndicate Races, once all Dividends are paid on the final Syndicate Race. The Investor and the TAB may agree at their sole discretion to determine the Final Syndicate Pool, and make payments of Syndicate Dividends, despite Syndicate Races remaining available for betting.

9. In the event that the Karaka Million meeting scheduled for Saturday 27 January 2024 is postponed, TAB may announce a new Syndicate Period and in that event all Syndicate Vouchers will transfer to the new Syndicate Period.

10. Bonus Bets will not be eligible for a Syndicate Payout.

16 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

Nothing irrational about it...the complete opposite.If Entain impresses you with their 'initiatives'...good luck to..you.

Yeah some of the "initiatives" questionable. Example the pay before official result scheme. What the purpose is I don't know. If its public relations then consider many overseas races go say 20 minutes before payout or result appearing on the screen. Particularly if there is a close finish and photo. You would think flashing the photo result across the screen would be a public relations exercise. Even in the days of NZBC when TAB results were available every 1/4 hour the service was better.

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

They have an option on the TAB main menu where you can buy Syndicate "shares" at $1.01.  I assume it is the money collected in shares that is then bet.  Perhaps they have already sold a few hundred thousand "shares" allowing them to bet already.  In my opinion the whole thing smells a bit.  

Screenshot_20231227_095655_TAB Mobile.jpg

Need To Know

Ignore the $1.01 odds when buying your Punters Club stake. Every $1 you bet on this option gives you $1 in the Punters Club. By way of example only, if you place a bet of $100 on the Punters Club betting option you will get a $100 share in the Boys Get Paid (BGP) Punters Club syndicate.

Depending on the success of the bets placed as part of the BGP Punters Club on Karaka Millions night 2024, a dividend will be declared at the completion of the day (around 8:30pm).

By way of example only, if the initial syndicate pool is $50,000 and $100,000 is the balance at the end of the day, you will receive $2 for every $1 you've invested. On the flip side, if there is only $10,000 at the end of the day, you will receive $0.20 for every $1 you've invested.

Please don't use Bonus Bets as these will not be eligible for a Punters Club payout.

See below for full Terms and Conditions. 

Terms & Conditions

Boys Get Paid (BGP) Karaka Millions 2024 Punters Club Terms and Conditions

1. On Saturday 27 January, 2024 (the “Syndicate Period”), the TAB will run a TAB National Syndicate titled the “BGP Karaka Millions Punters Club” (the “Syndicate”).

2. The Syndicate will be operated in accordance with Rule 12.23 (TAB National Syndicate) of the TAB Betting Rules (the “Rules”) and these Terms and Conditions. Any expression not defined in these Terms and Conditions but defined in the Rules shall bear the same meaning in these Terms and Conditions as in the Rules.

3. Syndicate Vouchers will be available for purchase on the TAB app and website, available here, and via Option 3172 in our TAB stores.

4. Purchasing of Syndicate Vouchers will commence no earlier than 9:00am on Tuesday 21 November, 2023, and will be available for purchase until the commencement of the 2024 Karaka Million Meeting. For the avoidance of doubt, the TAB may for any reason, and at its sole discretion, refuse the purchase of a Syndicate Voucher from any person without giving a reason.

5. A Syndicate Voucher may be purchased containing Syndicate Shares in multiples of $0.01 units. $0.01 is the minimum Syndicate Voucher value.

6. The Syndicate Dividend will be declared by the TAB as a Syndicate Share in the amount of $1.00 (i.e. 100 x $0.01 units).

7. Subject to condition 9, the Race Meeting available for the Syndicate Investor is any race during the Syndicate Period (the “Syndicate Races”).

8. The Final Syndicate Pool will be determined at the end of the Syndicate Races, once all Dividends are paid on the final Syndicate Race. The Investor and the TAB may agree at their sole discretion to determine the Final Syndicate Pool, and make payments of Syndicate Dividends, despite Syndicate Races remaining available for betting.

9. In the event that the Karaka Million meeting scheduled for Saturday 27 January 2024 is postponed, TAB may announce a new Syndicate Period and in that event all Syndicate Vouchers will transfer to the new Syndicate Period.

10. Bonus Bets will not be eligible for a Syndicate Payout.

Most everything with your idols & BGP stinks a fair bit.

• Bad Post 1

1 hour ago, Huey said:

Who are my "idols"?  Just so I know where to look for the stink because I can't smell anything.

As for BGP - sure it is attracting a new generation to the game but I'm not sure it's the best long term strategy nor the best look.  

My knowledge and understanding of things wagering-related is very limited.  However, I think that any 'privileges' and so on are extended to the BGP group  because overall, they don't win.  Therefore, a positive  for TAB.  If they were successful [ made an overall profit ] they wouldn't be treated the same.

And - as alluded to - they attract enormous interest among a younger set.  

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 3:20 PM, Huey said:

NZ Racing , and critics and keyboard warriors are included  here, seem to be struggling with ideas to get more folk involved in racing .This includes attending race meetings and wagering more money on the TAB yet we have the doom and gloom who rubbish any attempts at achieving this. 

BGP certainly has created a fair bit of interest with followers right around the country. I've attended a couple of their shin-digs and most impressed . 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TAB For Ever said:

NZ Racing , and critics and keyboard warriors are included  here, seem to be struggling with ideas to get more folk involved in racing .This includes attending race meetings and wagering more money on the TAB yet we have the doom and gloom who rubbish any attempts at achieving this. 

BGP certainly has created a fair bit of interest with followers right around the country. I've attended a couple of their shin-digs and most impressed . 

If that's the case explain the benefit of geo blocking.