Bit Of A Yarn

Peter Lamb

Guest CrossCodes

Guest CrossCodes

No wonder there was a false start in the cup with this halfwit as a starter, seriously he needs to get the sack as he is incompetent.

The cup has never had worse starts since he got the job as a Starter/riu tosser.

He just seems to like sitting in the mobile car with pretty young tarts rather than actually doing his job!

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Is it a STANDING start or a WALK UP start???

Make up their minds!!

The second start most were actually on the move when the tape went, some advantaged and some not!!!

Absolute lottery and it shouldn’t be!!!!!!!!!!

Agree. The Fixer was no where near the barrier strand when the jackass Lamb said go. He skipped for a few strides but soon got going fortunate that most others did not make flyers either. Lamb must go, he has had years on the job and is still hopeless. Sack him.

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 1

Did you see the start in Race 11, The Drymix Cement Trot. WTF?? What the hell was Lamb doing. Sugar Cane was standing sideways when the tape went others were also out of line. Sugar Cane looked like the strand wrapped round its leg cos starters' assistant had to untangle it from horses legs. What a bloody disgrace on the most prestigious harness racing day of the year. This fella has to go.

Edited by OLDWHITEMAN
spelling

The thing is though that The Fixer’s driver breached the whip rule and gained an advantage over the horses that didn’t have a driver that breached the rules.

The horse should’ve been at least relegated behind Tiger Tara.

The whip rule remains an absolute joke that should never have been brought in!!!!

Edited by Brodie

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

The thing is though that The Fixer’s driver breached the whip rule and Gai Ed an advantage over the horses that didn’t have a driver that breached the rules.

The horse should’ve been at ,east relegated behind Tiger Tara.

The whip rule remains an absolute joke that should never have been brought in!!!!

What has that got to do with Lamb's hopeless start?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

What has that got to do with Lamb's hopeless start?

You stated that The Fixer was disadvantaged at the start, I am telling you that it was also favoured with a driver that clearly cheated by hitting the horse too many times and breached the rules!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The amount of false starts that this guy has created is unbelievable, in all the years I have been involved in harness I have never ever seen so many.

Mobile or standing start it dosnt matter just can’t get it right.

i had been spoiled for a good 20 years with Jack Mulcahy as the starter and if I remember rightly you could probably count on one hand the amount false starts he had in his working lifetime.

This guy would have at least 10 to 15 per season.

• Like 6

Lamb suffers from arrogance. Thinks he is so good. Being a Stipe, he is a stickler for all the health and safety rules, yet I see his arrogant self, poncing and strutting among the horses at the start without a helmet, yet he requires all starters assistants to be wearing one. He does not, because arrogant clowns think they are above lesser mortals. Lives in the clouds.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

17 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

No wonder there was a false start in the cup with this halfwit as a starter, seriously he needs to get the sack as he is incompetent.

The cup has never had worse starts since he got the job as a Starter/riu tosser.

He just seems to like sitting in the mobile car with pretty young tarts rather than actually doing his job!

That is one of the better posts I have read. I couldn’t stop laughing when I read it. You hit the nail on the head. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

Yep - can confirm that - wasn't happy when he found out it was me getting in the mobile barrier for the last race at Methven earlier in the year 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1