Bit Of A Yarn

Hang on - Winning Driver Of NZ Cup Cheats and still wins?

Brodie

1 hour ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Now getting back to the question... You are like the Brodie, never answer a question, when you are backed into a corner and wrong, which is often.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Brodie claimed that The Fixer should have been disqualified because Natalie Rasmussen was charged with excessive whip use and that Tiger Tara should have been promoted to winner. I pointed out that McCarthy the driver of Tiger Tara was also charged with excessive whip use. If The Fixer ought to be relegated according to Brodie, then so should Tiger Tara for the same offence. That would make the third horse the Cup winner. 

I agree with you. However, I am often wrong. ?

11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Admit it, I know you won’t Rangatira, but always on the money

if only it was true I would

but you always being on the money is just plain wrong

"The horse gained an advantage over the other horses and so should’ve been an enquire, and Tiger Tara promoted!"

fiddlesticks

• Like 1

Of course hitting a horse males it go faster.

You would have to be pretty naive to think that it didn’t!

If a dominatrix was hitting Rangatira with a whip would Rangatira run away from her?

Probably not as he would be into that type of shite! 

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Change the flippen whip rule then!!!!

Yes.

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

A cheat won the NZ cup!

No. 

Because the rules do not allow for disqualification as they stand. Natalie played to the edge of the rules. That is within her right. She copped a soft fine and stand down but won the Cup. Fair dues to her.

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Change the flippen whip rule then!!!!

A cheat won the NZ cup!

If I was in her position and had the choice of either winning around 40K or paying a possible fine around $1000 and copping a few days off as the worst penalty then I know which one I would be choosing and you would have to be a bordering on possible insanity to see otherwise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nowornever said:

If I was in her position and had the choice of either winning around 40K or paying a possible fine around $1000 and copping a few days off as the worst penalty then I know which one I would be choosing and you would have to be a bordering on possible insanity to see otherwise.

And every other driver in the country would do the same, the whip rule is very flimsy, they either need to refine it and make the punishment tougher i.e bigger fine or relegation for money earning placings, or scrap it all together, because while it is like it is, of course driver's will try to get the most out of their horses on big days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flagship uberalles said:

And every other driver in the country would do the same, the whip rule is very flimsy, they either need to refine it and make the punishment tougher i.e bigger fine or relegation for money earning placings, or scrap it all together, because while it is like it is, of course driver's will try to get the most out of their horses on big days.

Luckily, there aren't too many close finishes in the big races due to the domination of the All Stars otherwise drivers would be getting fined all the time.

The Dominion could possibly provide a good example of a few getting fined. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Luckily, there aren't too many close finishes in the big races due to the domination of the All Stars otherwise drivers would be getting fined all the time.

Looking Forward to the dominion the most, speeding spur no good thing either, nice to see a big race where you don't know the result before the race has run!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I'm sure when you are driving in a race worth a few 100k, how many times you use the whip is the last thing you are worried about

• Like 2