Bit Of A Yarn

BOAY Awards

hesi

18 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Sorry for posting all those and stealing anyone's thunder but I have a bit of spare time. The boss doesn't get back till 5 30 so all good.?

Just a few of the good times on here. 

BOAY spirit alive and well on the harness site.

Nice one happy, some good people and posts on here, I must go through myself and have a look, htp has a few gems in there too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Obviously it is great that the Chief and Hesi started this site up for the RC orphans. Big thanks to our (sane) Newmarket who has pushed things along and to all the old brothers in arms and new posters on the harness section who make this a fun place to hang out

1.  Best Poster

Ashoka. Just wish he posted more often. He is a sage with so much knowledge. Feel privileged he posts on BOAY and not RC. That speaks volumes.

2.  Best Post of the year

Quite a few! I might troll through and post some below later.

3.  Wittiest/Humourous Post/Poster

Not sure if it is Globe winding up RC, Kakama winding up Garrck Knight or the banter about Raphoe. Deadpan award goes to Rangitira who reminds me so much of someone else from RC....

4.  The person you would most like to meet

Ashoka. Since Ghandi and Mandela have passed on I think he would be the closest I could get to them. When I want to meet Donald Trump I will track you down Brodie.

5.  The one thing you would like to change

BOAY have an open invitation to RC harness posters to come over here! Still quite a few over there who are top value but don't post there much thesedays. They were listed in a topic once -  all good blokes.

And Brodie and Hesi having 2 dicks. That is so unfair on the rest of us.

6.  Best Comp player

Is that you Flag?

7.  BOAY person of the year

The founding fathers of BOAY

8.  Special award for contributing to BOAY

Newmarket RC lol

9.  Anything else of note

Anyone got a winner at Forbury tomorrow night?

Happy ....    Number 4 ...  Might be able to help...  make your request come true about Ashoka.. I miss his input and his postings.   He was spotted just recently driving the missing  Water Truck from the Palmy Track . The truck was nick named "Curry" as it was a Hot truck and the Coles are still burning over it..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1, Look, how could i single out best poster. Best part about BOAY for me is everyone in the harness section. Brilliant threads started, good healthy debating and constantly a stream of winners each week are posted. Everyone on the harness section should take a bow, we were treated like 2nd class citizens elsewhere, but here we are clearly up there. 

2, Best post, maybe the thread with the recent drug/ fixing, we were quickest of the mark, know many trainers, drivers etc that logged on to look. 

3, Funniest poster, to all those that make us laugh, and most like a laugh on here. 

4, The Princess

5,  Nothing i can think of

6, Must admit, i dont follow gallops comps much, so will let others decide

7, Chief for starting BOAY, with all the crap going on, he deserves a pat on the back. Hesi, you get a mention, you are the most disliked from rc, which makes you well liked here. ?. Everytime you post info on traffic on the 2 sites, i can feel someones blood boil!!

8, Special Award, goes to everyone that posts. Yeah, sure there are the one or two that annoy, but really its a great bunch of people that love racing, one way or another. 

9, The tipping on gallops and harness on this site is bloody brilliant. You have mardigras, barry and FTF plus others tipping out winners at long prices, as well as giving gambling info, then you have the harness boys, globe, rangitira,bobby bec , happy, hunter, kak, brodie ,mardy,basil, flagship, taku , brando, galah, portfolio and richie. Probably missed a few, so sorry about that.

MERRY  XMAS  TO  ALL. 

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 3

Actually one person rarely mentioned and he only posts occasionally, although he is in the comps regularily, is my mate Double R. Robert Rendall.

Very humble guy who is in charge of the Harness Hall of fame at Alex Park. Drop in and visit nxt time you are there. He is most accommodating and a genuinely nice guy.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

18 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

1, Look, how could i single out best poster. Best part about BOAY for me is everyone in the harness section. Brilliant threads started, good healthy debating and constantly a stream of winners each week are posted. Everyone on the harness section should take a bow, we were treated like 2nd class citizens elsewhere, but here we are clearly up there. 

2, Best post, maybe the thread with the recent drug/ fixing, we were quickest of the mark, know many trainers, drivers etc that logged on to look. 

3, Funniest poster, to all those that make us laugh, and most like a laugh on here. 

4, The Princess

5,  Nothing i can think of

6, Must admit, i dont follow gallops comps much, so will let others decide

7, Chief for starting BOAY, with all the crap going on, he deserves a pat on the back. Hesi, you get a mention, you are the most disliked from rc, which makes you well liked here. ?. Everytime you post info on traffic on the 2 sites, i can feel someones blood boil!!

8, Special Award, goes to everyone that posts. Yeah, sure there are the one or two that annoy, but really its a great bunch of people that love racing, one way or another. 

9, The tipping on gallops and harness on this site is bloody brilliant. You have mardigras, barry and FTF plus others tipping out winners at long prices, as well as giving gambling info, then you have the harness boys, globe, rangitira,bobby bec , happy, hunter, kak, brodie ,mardy,basil, flagship, taku , brando, galah, portfolio and richie. Probably missed a few, so sorry about that.

MERRY  XMAS  TO  ALL. 

Great post Newmarket, the tipping has been brilliant in both the harness and thoroughbred sections, I'm sure if you had $1ew on everything tipped on this site since it's inception you would be a few hundred up.

• Like 1

I suppose at this time of year we had better do the right thing. 

To all those who have made BOAY what it is today, I salute your efforts.

Those that are knowledgeable

Those that arent, but like to  think they are

Those who are genuine nice guys

Those that arent but like to think they are

Those that can tip 

Those that cant but like to think they can

Those that are mentally capable 

Those that arent but still look for that ever elusive brain cell.

Those  that have put in the hard yards on here

Those that mean to eventually.

But, to all the diverse members mentioned above who make up our ever increasing club, and,

have a genuine love of the Racing Industry.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 4
  • Champ Post 3