Bit Of A Yarn

30 HOURS TO THE BIGGEST COCK UP BY TAB

2 hours ago, aquaman said:

Wish I could of got the cash out option. Lost $1800 on a single bet which was a mistake using new website. Put what I thought was a percentage first 4 for $20, but failed to put it in the percentage box, instead put it in the regular box. I didn't check before hitting accept button. Only after checking bet I saw to my horror I now had $20 units, and cost $1800. Had ten minutes before race started, so tried ringing TAB only to get recording, please wait. I then searched frantically for a cancel bet button or link on website. There f#cken isn't one, so had to sit and watch $1800 disappear from account. I am sure I would not have made that mistake with the old website.

Sorry to hear that John, I understand wanting or using one in that situation. I was more meaning when you are few legs into a multi, the cash out figure isn’t even in the ball park. 

Agree with the comments around overseas operators dealing with similar i situations to yours better. I had one refund me the full amount after the bet had lost as an act of good will because they could see the bet was outside of my normal pattern. Live chat is also great which I can’t believe the tab haven’t implemented. 

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

I did post earlier that this would trip punters up, sadly it cost you big time. It makes no sense to have 2 boxes to place amount, would be far better just having % box, thats anount punters want to place bet. I am surprised that the tab would not come to the party a bit, credit your account some of it at least. 

Every other operator has live chat, so they would have helped out. Just another thing wrong with this tab shit. 

Good to see you back posting, have you hear anymore about the bet easy atm card being available in nz?

18 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Last i heard card only for aus residents. Or did you hear otherwise? Ta

Nah mate I haven’t heard anything definitive. Though I thought they were planning to release it in nz at some stage although I could be very wrong. 

Edited by Tonkatime!

5 hours ago, aquaman said:

Wish I could of got the cash out option. Lost $1800 on a single bet which was a mistake using new website. Put what I thought was a percentage first 4 for $20, but failed to put it in the percentage box, instead put it in the regular box. I didn't check before hitting accept button. Only after checking bet I saw to my horror I now had $20 units, and cost $1800. Had ten minutes before race started, so tried ringing TAB only to get recording, please wait. I then searched frantically for a cancel bet button or link on website. There f#cken isn't one, so had to sit and watch $1800 disappear from account. I am sure I would not have made that mistake with the old website.

OMFG...the frustration there would have resulted in my brain exploding. A few months ago, I put a trifecta on in a hurry that I thought was costing me $18. I checked my balance a little later and noticed the bet had cost me $180. I looked around the site and found an alert option that I could set for any figure I nominated. I was then able to bet with peace of mind.

On the first day the new site was up I did more or less the same thing. This time it cost me $360 instead of $36. All down to a decimal point. No alert came up. I rang the TAB several times and gave up. Rang them a few days later and after a wait, I finally got to speak to someone at their help desk. Guy wanted to help but clearly didn't know which way was up. Six times during our yarn he asked me to hold while he went and asked someone else to answer my question.

Upshot of it is, there are no helpful and important betting alerts with the new improved (cough cough) website. You can set a limit for account deposits etc but not for bets you place which is akin to an alcoholic telling the barman to only serve him x amount of drinks. This a huge step backwards from the TAB. The fact you can't cancel your bet and they likely won't answer the phone in time means the only losers will be TAB customers. The guy I spoke with said he was unaware of any plans to fix this error. Huge thumbs down and loss of even more goodwill toward the TAB. 

Oh well, what would you expect with master of the universe John Allen pretending he's the CEO....more like the CLEO

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

9 hours ago, aquaman said:

Not a happy place to be ?  Just wondering...Are you using the option that allows you to Accept' your bets before the bet is submitted? If not, I suggest you turn it back on. The default setting is ON. That way you at least get to check you haven't made an error before you submit it. There is no way I would ever turn it off. Without that safeguard the game is too much like Russian Roulette for me  - errors are more often costly than profitable in my case.

Also, Getting bets cancelled when an error is made has been made has been tightened up in store during 2018 due to the Money Laundering legislation (again). Lot of paperwork for TAB staff now and lots of rules around what will/won't be cancelled/ treated as a Bad Sell.

As I'm sure you are aware online bets have always been placed on the basis that they can't be cancelled - error or not. If you have been fortunate enough to get bets cancelled pre-race by phoning the Help Desk you have been very lucky and in the minority.

Capture.PNG

11 hours ago, aquaman said:

Yes, I finally got the help desk next morning which was last Thursday. The mistake occured Sandown night before. I new that the money was history when speaking Thursday morning, but just wanted to know whether there is a cancel button somewhere on the new website. No there is not. The cash out is for sports betting. Their help line is useless because you cannot get through. I told them they needed a hotline somewhere in their system to be able to cancel bad bets. You have a window when in a TAB to be able to cancel bad bets or mistakes. There should be an avenue to be able to cancel when using the website. I bet I will not be the only one to make horror mistakes using this crap website. I had over $3000 in the account, and I cringe thinking I could of made the bet for $30 instead of $20 in which case they would of cleaned the whole lot up.

Aquaman, I feel for you.

I had the same thing happen twice about 10 years ago. Both times for $3,000. The first one I complained like hell to the TAB as there was no cancelling mechanism and no warning. There may have been a problem with sunlight on the screen but anyway the TAB and myself went 50/50 so they refunded half. The second one I didn't bother as it took quite some effort the first time. However as a result they made changes to the web site by making the amount to spend big font and in red. As well I could make a setting i.e. big warning if amount to spend over $100.

If you had those controls and settings in place on the old site then I think you have a good case for claiming the whole lot.

The reason being they have not said on the new web site the controls don't apply and reading the OpenBet policy they are clear on making sure controls exist. Therefore any fair and reasonable person would have expected the controls to remain particularly given the cost of getting the OpenBet format.

On 27/01/2019 at 5:49 PM, Joe Kidd said:

OMFG...the frustration there would have resulted in my brain exploding. A few months ago, I put a trifecta on in a hurry that I thought was costing me $18. I checked my balance a little later and noticed the bet had cost me $180. I looked around the site and found an alert option that I could set for any figure I nominated. I was then able to bet with peace of mind.

On the first day the new site was up I did more or less the same thing. This time it cost me $360 instead of $36. All down to a decimal point. No alert came up. I rang the TAB several times and gave up. Rang them a few days later and after a wait, I finally got to speak to someone at their help desk. Guy wanted to help but clearly didn't know which way was up. Six times during our yarn he asked me to hold while he went and asked someone else to answer my question.

Upshot of it is, there are no helpful and important betting alerts with the new improved (cough cough) website. You can set a limit for account deposits etc but not for bets you place which is akin to an alcoholic telling the barman to only serve him x amount of drinks. This a huge step backwards from the TAB. The fact you can't cancel your bet and they likely won't answer the phone in time means the only losers will be TAB customers. The guy I spoke with said he was unaware of any plans to fix this error. Huge thumbs down and loss of even more goodwill toward the TAB. 

Oh well, what would you expect with master of the universe John Allen pretending he's the CEO....more like the CLEO

Joe, 

The same argument I put forward to aguaman also applies.

I am in the same circumstance where the alert did no come up. i.e wanted 10 each way instaed got 10/100. my alert should have been at $30..

Lets get some coordinated action  against the TAB.

• Like 2

So (and apologies if this has been raised before) but down at the local TAB they tell me that a portion of the sport betting options are only available on-line.  Story of a big crowd watching the Sevens at the TAB checking on their phones re odds and options wandering over to the terminal and not being able to take the bet they wanted.  So they don't bet fullstop.

Next move - say that agencies are doing the turnover they should and close them down.

18 hours ago, Mark D said:

So (and apologies if this has been raised before) but down at the local TAB they tell me that a portion of the sport betting options are only available on-line.  Story of a big crowd watching the Sevens at the TAB checking on their phones re odds and options wandering over to the terminal and not being able to take the bet they wanted.  So they don't bet fullstop.

Next move - say that agencies are doing the turnover they should and close them down.

I sent the help desk an email about that, they responded just under a week later saying that the terminals can’t handle as many options as the website but they have forwarded my email to the relevant department for further discussion.

Guest CrossCodes

When are the TAB going to get their shit together and start giving us correct form!

Look at the horses career stats and compare them to the track condition stats, they just don’t add up. It’s been like this from day dot and no signs of it getting fixed, they just don’t give an absolute shit about punters, and when they can’t even get the basics like giving correct form for our local product it confirms it.

2C24A4F8-B0E3-4C6E-BB97-3237B8192B0B.png

1 hour ago, libby said:

The fields for Tauherenikau are up on Aust. racenet page with a shitload more info than our pathetic website.

Racenet is great and I realise I could also have gone to loveracing to see the fields, but is it too much to ask for the TAB to be an up-to-date, easy to navigate, truly functional source of NZ racing info?  I fear the answer to that is a $50m 'yes'

2 hours ago, Chimbu said:

Racenet is great and I realise I could also have gone to loveracing to see the fields, but is it too much to ask for the TAB to be an up-to-date, easy to navigate, truly functional source of NZ racing info?  I fear the answer to that is a $50m 'yes'

Yes its not the form but the publicity. Many potential racegoers will not be aware that Tauherenikau is racing Wednesday and too late to make plans the day before.

You have to laugh. Aaron Bidlake was saying the website was OK but now that TAB have banned  his beloved Tauherenikau he has changed his tune.

6 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

When are the TAB going to get their shit together and start giving us correct form!

Look at the horses career stats and compare them to the track condition stats, they just don’t add up. It’s been like this from day dot and no signs of it getting fixed, they just don’t give an absolute shit about punters, and when they can’t even get the basics like giving correct form for our local product it confirms it.

By looking at this example and the one from previous page in this thread, and comparing those to nzracing.co.nz stats, it seems to be a fault in the layout where the 'slow' stats are being displayed in the 'dead' stats place.

From a little experience in the field imo this is a trivial fix. Whether it should have been captured earlier is another question.

6 hours ago, Sandpiper said:

By looking at this example and the one from previous page in this thread, and comparing those to nzracing.co.nz stats, it seems to be a fault in the layout where the 'slow' stats are being displayed in the 'dead' stats place.

From a little experience in the field imo this is a trivial fix. Whether it should have been captured earlier is another question.

Yes Sandpiper - a trivial fix. But  alas, there are many things that are not accurate or poor from a UI perspective. NZ customers shouldn't have been expected to beta test this site. Whilst some may claim there are many software companies that will use customers to beta test, that Is generally by choice, not forced upon the entire customer base.

Guest CrossCodes

Still no fields up for Tauherenikau as of this morning, maybe the TAB have finally given up completely and aren’t even going to provide fields or have betting on them any more, nothing would surprise me with the mongols running the show 

2 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

Still no fields up for Tauherenikau as of this morning, maybe the TAB have finally given up completely and aren’t even going to provide fields or have betting on them any more, nothing would surprise me with the mongols running the show 

Please don't insult the Mongolian Nation. These were the forefathers of the Korean Nation, and as such, highly intelligent, industrious, and hard working peoples. Comparing Mongolians with those slack arse's working on the butchered website is akin to saying Donald J Trump will not go down in history as the greatest President ever to lead the USA.

• Like 1

On 4/02/2019 at 4:43 PM, CrossCodes said:

Has a good record Matamata , so what , aren't we doing form for Tauranga

• Haha 2

Hey TAB, 

Another thing you tossers need to change. Took several bets on tab app this morning before going to beach with kids. Thought i might watch first race on app, ooops balance nill, sorry cant watch???

Yet, someone can have 10c in their account, not had bet since melbourne cup, yet they can watch???

FFS, get your shit sorted.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Hey TAB, 

Another thing you tossers need to change. Took several bets on tab app this morning before going to beach with kids. Thought i might watch first race on app, ooops balance nill, sorry cant watch???

Yet, someone can have 10c in their account, not had bet since melbourne cup, yet they can watch???

FFS, get your shit sorted.

That’s always made me laugh, keep 10 cents in your account and you can bet offshore and use watch and bet but put your last $5 from your tab account on a horse and you can’t watch. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tonkatime! said:

That’s always made me laugh, keep 10 cents in your account and you can bet offshore and use watch and bet but put your last $5 from your tab account on a horse and you can’t watch. 

True indeed, TAB just dont get it. Its just the basic common sense things that annoy punters the most, not even mentioning the big mistakes. 

On 4/02/2019 at 4:43 PM, CrossCodes said:

Also, the FastTrack Pick 6 was listed as being at New Plymouth on Feb 6th. It was actually at Tauherenikau. It hadn't been changed since the previous Saturday.

This is a  small error, but it seems we have a greater number of small errors since the upgrade.  Is it system related or are the humans involved reaching a point where they are tearing their hair out with the behind the scenes chaos, or have they thrown in the towel so just don't care anymore?