Bit Of A Yarn

tab website

the galah

What do people think of the new website that appears when you go online to have a bet.   Personally im not impressed and actually find if rather annoying that they have complicated what used to be an easy enough process of putting a bet on and gathering information.. The colour is also off putting.  The emphasis on displaying sports betting is not good for me either as I have never had a sports bet,never will.

Every now and again I may spend a few dollars on the aussie dogs, I have a bet on the lower grade meetings at certain tracks if there is nothing on tv. Well while I was successful in my first 3  bets,i just found the website so off putting with its colour and the steps needed to get to certain information I just gave up .  To me it just makes the betting process a bit more tedious and complicated.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

They don’t give a toss about harness racing!

They are on,y interested in attracting people to bet on all forms of activity, as it costs them bugger all to have punters investing!

Racing in NZ is stuffed!,,

Don't forget though, as long as the Racing Act is not repealed, then all profits must be returned to Thoroughbred/Harness/Greyhound

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Don't forget though, as long as the Racing Act is not repealed, then all profits must be returned to Thoroughbred/Harness/Greyhound

That is not correct.  The rule is that those sporting bodies that have a national organization will receive the profits from related sports.  For example profits from Basketball betting goes to the NZ Basketball Association.

Feeling more than a tad frustrated with our TAB. Whenever an outfit makes a big change such as our TAB has just done, their help desk gets run off their feet. As a result, prudent firms have numerous extra staff bought in to meet the predictable demand. It appears that remarkably, the TAB has failed to make that fundamental move. I find that farcical under the circumstances.

I rang their helpdesk yesterday. Was on hold for 55 minutes before they hung up on me before even having the chance to say a word.

I rang this morning at 9am. Was on hold for 40 minutes until I gave up. I rang at 10.45am and gave up waiting after 30 minutes. My email has been rejected. I've had enough and won't try again. This is even worse than Vodafone and Sky TV customer service which I gave the flick to.

NZ TAB just lost another customer. I put a decent amount through my account and I've given them every opportunity to treat me and my account with even a tiny bit of respect. They failed...again. I've put up with so much of their 0/10 over the years. This was the last straw.

Had a deadset winner at Oamaru today but will take my business elsewhere.

NZ TAB...Thank you...for nothing.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 2

1 hour ago, Boxie said:

That is not correct.  The rule is that those sporting bodies that have a national organization will receive the profits from related sports.  For example profits from Basketball betting goes to the NZ Basketball Association.

I thought sports paid a percentage fee 

29 minutes ago, Joe Kidd said:

Feeling more than a tad frustrated with our TAB. Whenever an outfit makes a big change such as our TAB has just done, their help desk gets run off their feet. As a result, prudent firms have numerous extra staff bought in to meet the predictable demand. It appears that remarkably, the TAB has failed to make that fundamental move. I find that farcical under the circumstances.

I rang their helpdesk yesterday. Was on hold for 55 minutes before they hung up on me before even having the chance to say a word.

I rang this morning at 9am. Was on hold for 40 minutes until I gave up. I rang at 10.45am and gave up waiting after 30 minutes. My email has been rejected. I've had enough and won't try again. This is even worse than Vodafone and Sky TV customer service which I gave the flick to.

NZ TAB just lost another customer. I put a decent amount through my account and I've given them every opportunity to treat me and my account with even a tiny bit of respect. They failed...again. I've put up with so much of their 0/10 over the years. This was the last straw.

and the deadset winner is?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Kidd said:

I agree. I tried the help desk several times in the last couple of days but have never got to speak to anyone.  I had just got used to betting on line,but cant work out how to put a bet on under the current set up. ITs a total joke.  I then tried on the phone betting for race 1 only for it to say there is a problem and it just hung up on me. 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

Why the F@#% when you click the pending bets Tab do you then have to click another box to view pending bets. It adds more time to what should be a quick process. It defies logic. 

And the pending bets is a pain in the arse. In the old system when clicking activity report you could see all your live bets pop up and just scroll through them. Now you have to click each individual bet to see the details. Anyone putting on a lot of bets will be pissed off trying to see what they bet on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Galah, what are you havin trouble with mate, myself and a few others may be able to help

trying to work out how to put an each way bet on.   I have worked it out now,but to me its not as simple as previously.I had planned to take a quaddie on race 2,but it was not shown as an option on the website  . It showed the pool,but didn't have it as a betting option,at least not on the race 2 options that were above the race.   Thanks 

• Like 1

This is not going that well, but then we all knew that is would not be that flash!

You would’ve thought that rather than having greyhounds from Timbuktu they would have had plenty of time explaining how the damn new system works, but then again the TAB probably aren’t that sure either!

• Like 3