Bit Of A Yarn

tab website

the galah

I have worked out the phone betting banker quinella problem where it cuts you off. Apparently has the  same problem on the website.   I had previously rung the tab complaining about it several times over the last 2 years,however someone I know has discovered what the problem is after giving up the the website  in frustration and going back to phone betting.

It seems if you have more than 1 runner as a banker in your quinella the system cant handle it and cuts you off. If you have only 1 banker it will take it.   Very poor indeed

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

The TAB site is slow.

While ive worked out how to put different type of bets on it has many flaws and really is slow and tedious.   Unless it improves a lot I can see it turning off punters.  From those ive spoken too,they have nothing but negative comments. Maybe it is time to go elsewhere. Anyone know if the overseas agencies have websites that aren't as irritating?

For the last 20 minutes I have been searching my bets for today to see what i collected on a particular race. The website seems frozen,and the previous 10 times ive looked through my bets I haven't found the one im looking for. It appears to have vanished,but I know it was there earlier in day. 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

59 minutes ago, the galah said:

While ive worked out how to put different type of bets on it has many flaws and really is slow and tedious.   Unless it improves a lot I can see it turning off punters.  From those ive spoken too,they have nothing but negative comments. Maybe it is time to go elsewhere. Anyone know if the overseas agencies have websites that aren't as irritating?

For the last 20 minutes I have been searching my bets for today to see what i collected on a particular race. The website seems frozen,and the previous 10 times ive looked through my bets I haven't found the one im looking for. It appears to have vanished,but I know it was there earlier in day. 

Download beteasy app, it is the easiest one out there

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

• 3 weeks later...

well its been about 3 weeks and as far as the racing side of the website goes my opinion is still the same. The website is far inferior to what was there previously.  Its slow, it discourages betting, the layout is poor,and while it does have some new features I like,it has definitely meant my spend has gone down.

In the last couple of days I have had feedback from 4 different levels of punter,and all said the website was poor to middling.  

I just heard the box seat say that it was going ok,thats certainly not my view and I am still to meet anyone who thinks so.  

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

• 2 months later...
  • The website certainly is still a nightmare at times .. Tonight being one of those. Even the phone betting is getting rather ridiculous. How many others have experienced the bet accepted voice only to find the bet was never put on. I know its not just my imagination,i have spoken to others who have had the same issue.  
  •  
  • Champ Post 1

15 minutes ago, the galah said:
  • The website certainly is still a nightmare at times .. Tonight being one of those. Even the phone betting is getting rather ridiculous. How many others have experienced the bet accepted voice only to find the bet was never put on. I know its not just my imagination,i have spoken to others who have had the same issue.  
  •  

I'm not sure, I don't use anymore, I only use to check results and watch races, but I have always been logged in when I access the site, now I have to log in every time I visit!

6 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I'm not sure, I don't use anymore, I only use to check results and watch races, but I have always been logged in when I access the site, now I have to log in every time I visit!

Yes,and it no longer shows your balance. Still often will not show pending bets. Takes a long time to load,if it does at all.  

• Champ Post 1

10 minutes ago, the galah said:

Yes,and it no longer shows your balance. Still often will not show pending bets. Takes a long time to load,if it does at all.  

What I found when regularly using before, was the app  was too big for my i-phone and it just kept freezing all the time (my daughter has a mortgage on my laptop apparently!)..for sports or Aussie racing I just use Ladbrokes now.. I go to an agency for NZ racing and quite enjoy that because I seem to win more without the hindsight! 

Another farcical experience.   Had a punt on hes fast and furious,entered the win amount,place amount, submitted both bets,hit accept.  For some reason the place bet reappears. I check the pending bets,and the place bet seems to be on,yet no record of the  win bet. 

Ive been caught a couple of times before rebacking the same bet because its not showing on the on pending bets,only for it to appear in the transaction search.

So I searched again,decided to put half on again only for the website to decide not to load.

ITs getting beyond the sad joke it is.

The thing is on the blink - again !!

Cost me and extra $40 as has no idea if bet in system so put it on again .

That is 2 meetings I have bet on (Addington Friday and Rangiora today ) when the site has been shit. 

Really puts u off - I need an Aussie site .

• Like 1

Just now, the galah said:

Another farcical experience.   Had a punt on hes fast and furious,entered the win amount,place amount, submitted both bets,hit accept.  For some reason the place bet reappears. I check the pending bets,and the place bet seems to be on,yet no record of the  win bet. 

Ive been caught a couple of times before rebacking the same bet because its not showing on the on pending bets,only for it to appear in the transaction search.

So I searched again,decided to put half on again only for the website to decide not to load.

dont worry man if you back horses like fast and furious the tab are doing you a favour

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, the galah said:

Was it fixed odds,if so I would say odds had changed while between doing bet and finalising.

I got caught by that onceand only once.Ialways check now

1 hour ago, LongOwner said:

The thing is on the blink - again !!

Cost me and extra $40 as has no idea if bet in system so put it on again .

That is 2 meetings I have bet on (Addington Friday and Rangiora today ) when the site has been shit. 

Really puts u off - I need an Aussie site .

Ive done that a few times myself. It does make you think about other betting agencies.

1 hour ago, boobybec said:

dont worry man if you back horses like fast and furious the tab are doing you a favour

Well it won and paid $22. Rather costly . That driver had a great mo

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Was it fixed odds,if so I would say odds had changed while between doing bet and finalising.

I got caught by that onceand only once.Ialways check now

No,it was on the tote. It was definitely there when i pushed accept,but somehow it only accepted the place bet,and the win bet disappeared.

2 hours ago, the galah said:

Ive done that a few times myself. It does make you think about other betting agencies.

Well it won and paid $22. Rather costly . That driver had a great mo

No,it was on the tote. It was definitely there when i pushed accept,but somehow it only accepted the place bet,and the win bet disappeared.

OMG i didn't see the mo, describe it to me ....   Yes he's fast and furious won well

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, boobybec said:

OMG i didn't see the mo, describe it to me ....   Yes he's fast and furious won well

It appeared to  combine  the best features of the merv hughes, burt Reynolds, tom Selleck and peter Plumley- walker mustaches. It was  very well manicured. 

I did notice as he came back to the winners circle that there were many small pieces of grit embedded in the mo  gathered during his winning drive.

I understand over the next couple of weeks he will  slowly remove these pieces of grit,and each time he does a  huge smile will light up his face, as he relives his winning drive on  Hes fast and furious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, the galah said:

It appeared to  combine  the best features of the merv hughes, burt Reynolds, tom Selleck and peter Plumley- walker mustaches. It was  very well manicured. 

I did notice as he came back to the winners circle that there were many small pieces of grit embedded in the mo  gathered during his winning drive.

I understand over the next couple of weeks he will  slowly remove these pieces of grit,and each time he does a  huge smile will light up his face, as he relives his winning drive on  Hes fast and furious.

booby Bec gets off on a guy with a mo lol

• Haha 2

The site is just shit. Went to put a sports multi on Saturday night only to end up with a far king headache and giving up. Can only watch one option going around and around for so long before putting the cue back in the rack.  Unless our TAB pull their heads out of their arse and sort it all out, they will turn even more punters cold. The whole process should be quick and enjoyable. Punters need confidence in that. If they get crapped on especially when it matters most they will eventually walk away or go elsewhere. God only knows how they will cope on the big days. 

Last week I had a multi going that I was losing confidence in. I tried to cash out and a message came up saying "cash out is not available". I went back to watching the event and a few minutes later it again started to look like a winning bet. Shortly after I looked at my pending bets only to discover I had none. I looked at resulted bets and saw my multi had been cashed out despite the notification that cashed out was not available. Ultimately, I was pleased I cashed out but if you can't have confidence in their notifications the writing is on the wall. 

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

,although can ocI fully agree with you joe. 

And phone betting has gone to the pack as well. Do not believe the automated voice when it says "your bet has been accepted". It often lies.  It happened again last night when I had a bet.You need to listen to the balance to work out whether the bet has gone on or not.  It generally happens within the last 60 seconds, before the race starts,although can happen at any time.

I have rung the TAB help line a couple of times  this week to complain,but gave up both times after 20 minutes of no answer.

Edited by the galah
  • Champ Post 1

13 hours ago, Joe Kidd said:

The site is just shit. Went to put a sports multi on Saturday night only to end up with a far king headache and giving up. Can only watch one option going around and around for so long before putting the cue back in the rack.  Unless our TAB pull their heads out of their arse and sort it all out, they will turn even more punters cold. The whole process should be quick and enjoyable. Punters need confidence in that. If they get crapped on especially when it matters most they will eventually walk away or go elsewhere. God only knows how they will cope on the big days. 

Last week I had a multi going that I was losing confidence in. I tried to cash out and a message came up saying "cash out is not available". I went back to watching the event and a few minutes later it again started to look like a winning bet. Shortly after I looked at my pending bets only to discover I had none. I looked at resulted bets and saw my multi had been cashed out despite the notification that cashed out was not available. Ultimately, I was pleased I cashed out but if you can't have confidence in their notifications the writing is on the wall. 

I had the same problem on Saturday and gave up on the spinning wheel and went offshore. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was out and about on Saturday and tried to put a few bets on. I had good coverage and wasn't expecting any problem but trying to get trebles and quaddies on was a nightmare. It was so slow and then it wouldn't even work. Out I go and then back in for the same problem to happen. What should have been a 2-minute job was 20 minutes before I gave up. Talk about making one anti-social!

Oh, for the days of quaddies etc just being on the one page and not having to load up page after page after page.

I hate the incessant scrolling too.

<I feel better now>

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2