Bit Of A Yarn

Dog Caller?

Newmarket

A  Race meeting coming up soon at Palmerston  Newmarket with a heap of Callers present..Put it in your Race tracker perhaps.? Must agree Darryl has had an off day with a few races today .He usually does a fine job.   Let's put it down to his fan club  forgetting the sausage rolls :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Would be good to have him back starting with the Race Callers day at Palmy   coming soon. Sad  but  one of his calls that he  will always be remembered by was the Night at Hatrick with Liz Wheelan in tow he called a sprint race.  Every one has an off day every now and then..

• Like 3

Guest CrossCodes
On 13/02/2019 at 4:08 PM, Lad27 said:

You better listen on Thursday night then ?

2 races tonight where there were close photos and both times Trevor Wilkes got them wrong, even still got them wrong after watching the slow motion, when is this old man going to be put out to pasture?

40 minutes ago, Lad27 said:

I told Newmarket to listen in on Thursday night ?

Yeah, but to be honest at least old Trev you can understand what he is saying, but ok his eyes are shit. 

Darryl just mumbles in his call, very hard to clearly understand which dog he is calling. 

I know its a hard game, but just call who is in the front few, why bother going back thru the field, we all know 99% of the time where div payers will be half way thru race. No good calling a dog that begins fast, only to be told its last. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is he calling at the Commentators day at Palmy next month? 

If so that's still an opening of a door for him that I thought had been slammed shut, must've got the all clear from certain people in positions of power broadcasting wise, and I'm sure there were some others that wouldn't have been keen to let him in, so maybe theres hope yet for a Brian comeback..?

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, That Girl said:

Is he calling at the Commentators day at Palmy next month? 

If so that's still an opening of a door for him that I thought had been slammed shut, must've got the all clear from certain people in positions of power broadcasting wise, and I'm sure there were some others that wouldn't have been keen to let him in, so maybe theres hope yet for a Brian comeback..?

Who would those people in positions of power be?, any names Girlie, I have my suspicion's.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, aquaman said:

Who would those people in positions of power be?, any names Girlie, I have my suspicion's.

I dont know what you mean Aqua re suspicions, I know nothing, I'm just saying they dont let anyone loose on the air so who has approved it? Someone in a position such as Head of Broadcasting perhaps, or maybe Roso himself has approved it? Does he have that much say? or as CrossCodes has said would Roso himself even want to see the return of Brian?

On 28/02/2019 at 2:55 PM, CrossCodes said:

How will Rowsanowski feel about this? Since he was the one who set Brian up in the first place so he could get his much wanted C.D gig? 

What a stupid statement  brain was that pissed it wasn't funny he had know one to blame but himself 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Clearly Brian had bigger plans for himself, a front row seat in the Addington calling tower, well away from the crooked officials in CD.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/8086244/Impaired-greyhounds-caller-gets-collared

"Neal said the Racing Integrity Unit had the power to replace any official if they were impaired, as Martin clearly was. Video replays confirm Martin's speech was slurred and he took so long to go through one field, the winner had crossed the line before he called it."

• Haha 1