Bit Of A Yarn

T.V.3 tonight 6.pm!!!

cichlid

5 minutes ago, cichlid said:

The vibe  on Track was TOXIC and from the amount of emails/txts/phone was awfull.....Today was hightened because of the welcome news Coles/RENDLE are  going to be charged... MARIO BARSI, you would be out of your comfort zone now Wouldn't you?

I really feel for the good honest trainers in the CD or actually the whole of NZ who will get lumped in the same pile with Cole and now be embarrassed to tell people they train greyhounds for the fear of judging people. The antis must be jumping for joy 

Guest CrossCodes

All this fighting amongst yourselves makes you all look pathetic, how about you save that until after the live baiting issue has passed, that is if there is a greyhound industry left.

In the current political climate they could very well end racing tomorrow, and unlike when they tried to do so in NSW we don’t have the same level of support from the wider racing industry and to a lesser extent the general public.

The powers that be in Australia also came down hard and fast on those found guilty of live baiting which gave the code some credit in going forward, unfortunately this isn’t the case in New Zealand where the NZGRA is complicit in the saga by doing and saying nothing, it’s as if they want greyhound racing to end themselves, and they might soon get their wish. 

1 minute ago, JasonMc said:

I really feel for the good honest trainers in the CD or actually the whole of NZ who will get lumped in the same pile with Cole and now be embarrassed to tell people they train greyhounds for the fear of judging people. The antis must be jumping for joy 

What a load of shit jason , if you have done nothing wrong why would you worry?

8 minutes ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

What a load of shit jason , if you have done nothing wrong why would you worry?

Its all about image in the community AAA, uneducated people group industries together. Its like you have a dodgy priest and then all priests must be dodgy. 

24 minutes ago, cichlid said:

The vibe  on Track was TOXIC and from the amount of emails/txts/phone was awfull.....Today was hightened because of the welcome news Coles/RENDLE are  going to be charged... MARIO BARSI, you would be out of your comfort zone now Wouldn't you?

On track was toxic alright not one punter/member of public there .all down to one person /trainer got to be sorted very quickly..What a disgrace ☠️☠️

1 hour ago, Cockyaleg said:

And Rendle you coward, if no offense was committed , why hide behind your door.

He probably thought it was the police that were turning up to arrest him, so he was just hiding the drugs he hadn't yet delivered to PN, which were to be used on his dogs, that sometimes sees them drop dead at the lure.... 

30 minutes ago, JasonMc said:

Im confused what i have done to all these people for them to get nasty and off topic.

That is a huge problem in dogs ,negativity and living in the past. Greyhounds is in dire straits this scandal and the greens want to shut them down. There is the odd bad apple in the sport but that should not define the sport.

Another thought and i think i know the answer what if live baiting was from a backyard battler trainer would it taken NZGRA and RIU 18 months to act? NO they would of been hung out to dry within days and press release would say " we needed to act quickly and punish" but no Cole gets to take home prize money day in day out.

For anyone on track today what was the vibe like?

You are correct about the littje person. They would be strung up by the balls within hours. And i do commend you for going straight to GRNZ and putting the question to them. You got more of a response from them than i ever have. You are condemming Cole to the hilt as we all are... but ......you are that far up Mcinerneys arse you would be able to smell the gunpowder ......he does exactly the same thing as Cole just hasnt had a camera planted on his property ....yet. you know it. I know it and the fencepost knows it but the powers that be havent got  the balls or the intelligence to deal with him. Just imagine greyhound racing without those 2... the world wouldnt be petfect but it would certainly be a far better place.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

39 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

All this fighting amongst yourselves makes you all look pathetic, how about you save that until after the live baiting issue has passed, that is if there is a greyhound industry left.

In the current political climate they could very well end racing tomorrow, and unlike when they tried to do so in NSW we don’t have the same level of support from the wider racing industry and to a lesser extent the general public.

The powers that be in Australia also came down hard and fast on those found guilty of live baiting which gave the code some credit in going forward, unfortunately this isn’t the case in New Zealand where the NZGRA is complicit in the saga by doing and saying nothing, it’s as if they want greyhound racing to end themselves, and they might soon get their wish. 

You are correct about the current political climate. I thought they were having a laugh about 2 weeks extra leave  a year for anyone that chooses a relationship with a thug that will beat seven bells out if you.... but it wasnt a joke and it is now law....any fucken thing at all could happen...

So we have all agreed the situation is unacceptable. So instead of bitching at each other, what happens if our lot do nothing? Then what? Anyone got any serious suggestions??? There has been no press release or advisory to LP's, yet Newshub and others have been very active. An just as an aside, the public stayed away from the track today. That is very worrying.

I must say, I am surprised the Coles have not been warned off. I am surprised to see they are still running at Waikato tonight. To my mind, I would of thought the legal ramifications could take a back seat in light of this situation and what it poses to the entire industry. If as has been reported, they are facing 7 charges of animal cruelty, I would of expected the entire Cole operation to be shut down pending the outcome of these serious charge's. It is as if the entire Board of Greyhound Racing NZ are complicit in this entire saga. Their inaction in not front footing this with the public by remaining silent, and appearing to do nothing with shutting down of the Cole operation, has only served to reinforce the perception the NZGRA are complicit.

Over the last few years, the NZGRA have been building staff members at an alarming rate. We now have a dedicated Welfare Officer, where is she, you guessed it,  gone on leave. We have a Head of Marketing and Communications, where is she? silence, no communications. We have a Head of Racing, where is he, why the silence, and of course, we have the CEO, why hasn't he been reassuring the LP'S and public that things are moving and action is taking place.  This all looks very bad for all LP'S, the entire racing industry and especially the dogs themselves. I really fear for the future of Greyhound racing in NZ. We have a very unsympathetic Government in power, one which will close down Greyhound racing without a second thought.  The NZGRA have been very poorly led, and the Clubs must accept the blame for allowing this once great industry to sink to the level it has.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

Our sincere apologies for the delay in getting a message out to our LPs. Despite what has been reported in the media, very little has been confirmed by the RNZSPCA and we have been working to get as clear a picture as possible to share with our industry. We share your concerns regarding this matter, and will be putting a public statement up online today and will share this directly with our LPs.

18 minutes ago, Kiwigreys said:

Our sincere apologies for the delay in getting a message out to our LPs. Despite what has been reported in the media, very little has been confirmed by the RNZSPCA and we have been working to get as clear a picture as possible to share with our industry. We share your concerns regarding this matter, and will be putting a public statement up online today and will share this directly with our LPs.

Get real, to little, to late. Do everybody a favor and follow your Welfare Officer on leave.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Guest CrossCodes

Would directly emailing Winston Peters office do anything? He was the only one on the news story that said this behaviour wouldn’t be tolerated.

17 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

Would directly emailing Winston Peters office do anything? He was the only one on the news story that said this behaviour wouldn’t be tolerated.

You do realise they are scared of the weasle he would know every legal trick.in.the book as my  ol dad woukd say cunning as a shit house rat. ... and to be fair just as ugly

• Haha 1

Here we go again folks, 

GRNZ Statement Regarding Media Reports of Charges Laid Against a Greyhound Trainer

Greyhound Racing NZ (GRNZ) is deeply concerned by media reports of a trainer being charged by the RNZSPCA.

We take this matter extremely seriously.

We believe that the charges relate to the investigation begun by the RNZSPCA in 2017, however information regarding the specifics of these charges, or the person charged, have not yet been released by the RNZSPCA - and may not be available until the charges are heard in court, the date of which has also not yet been confirmed. We are currently seeking to substantiate the various media claims made over the past two days.

GRNZ CEO, Mauro Barsi says; “Animal welfare is at the heart of our sport, and our code of welfare is explicit - any Licensed Person found to be in breach of our rules should expect penalties to be applied accordingly.”

“Our primary concern is ensuring the good people of our industry can continue to operate with integrity, and in line with the Rules of Racing and all applicable legislation. We do not believe that this alleged incidence in any way represents our industry or its people. Our Licensed Persons love their animals, work with them, and care for them every day and this is at the core of what they do,” said Mr Barsi.

The Racing Integrity Unit (RIU) has been supporting the RNZSPCA in the initial stages of its investigations, and now that charges are in the process of being brought we expect that the RIU will be able to act on any arising facts or information as it becomes available in relation to the Rules of Racing so that the matter can be progressed.

While we await further details, GRNZ will continue to work with the RNZSPCA and New Zealand Racing Integrity Unit as the matter progresses. The next step will be to receive the full details of the charges so we can continue to respond to the issue on behalf of the industry and take appropriate steps as and when we have a basis to do so.

Posted on 11/04/2019 2:50:51 PM