Bit Of A Yarn

T.V.3 tonight 6.pm!!!

cichlid

6 minutes ago, Possum said:

Communication error to do with bigtime Pete's swab? Whiterod was the stipe..... strange?

Even stranger..The Winner Bigtime Pete,now winner of 12/25 races,and second favourite tonight,is only referred to as Boy Pete twice in this report.Surely Head Stipe Gavin Whiterod has seen most of these Races in person,and should be familiar with this dogs correct name.

• Like 1

Don't shoot the messenger!

It's not time for celebration... yet...

For those that thought two years was far too long, have a look at another animal cruelty case the SPCA took on...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/7196848/Balfours-banned-from-owning-cats-and-dogs

A verdict handed down in 2012 for crimes committed in 2006 & 2007.

The GRNZ Board needs to act right after the first hearing in court, if not before.

With the lack of leadership the GRNZ Board has shown over the last two years, I wouldn't be buying any race dogs or even consider breeding a litter. It's VERY likely greyhound racing will be outlawed within the next years time.

What happened at Coles kennel happened. What didn't happen at the Board level because of it will be the death blow to the code. How can the current board be expected to make a tough decision, when they've clearly shown they can make an easy decision in this saga?

I agree... Winston needs to have a look into this or there might not be anything at all to look at in the very near future.

• Like 2

Shit...I thought things were poor enough in the galloping code...but never could I imagine such depths of cruelty and corruption in a governing body.

There was a local TB stud which had well publicised issues regarding the condition of its animals....SPCA were useless,  Thoroughbred Breeders were equally useless,  even the local Racecourse 'D' claimed he could take no action because the perpetrators weren't - at that time - licensed with NZTR.

I tried to bring up with the main branch of NZTBA some form of accreditation which might go some way to ensuring an acceptable code of practice on studs/agistment farms....nah,  too hard.

But I think those bodies/personnel stopped short of being 'corrupt'.     Lazy,  yes.  Useless,  gutless,  all of that..but nothing to equal what I've read on here.

Thursday, May 7, 10 am. Palmerston North Court House

Court 3 Session is open to the public.

Maybe it's time for a road trip to PN for all concerned parties?

Bring your poodle or pet rabbit along for the ride.

Maybe play this following recording over a loud speaker system outside the court house. Maybe a ring tone for inside?

Edited by Yankiwi
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Why would you pick on Wendy? She's a bloody good person, would give any bastard the shirt off her back to help you. Just because she's been loyal  working for Cole/ahern doesn't mean she's involved in this scandal. She has her own life, partner, children and dog's. Well so I believe 

9 hours ago, Bob said:

Why would you pick on Wendy? She's a bloody good person, would give any bastard the shirt off her back to help you. Just because she's been loyal  working for Cole/ahern doesn't mean she's involved in this scandal. She has her own life, partner, children and dog's. Well so I believe 

She’s staff probably been interviewed by spca may not have?if interviewed an told the truth no problem don’t believe all you see.

10 hours ago, Bob said:

Any one that would give Brendon a Knee Trembler at the trials beside the dog trailer is a bloody good person Bob,

You obviously have proof to say this? Is it any different to what other trainers have got up to on award nights with their friends so called partners? It takes two to tango last I knew. Sounds like ya missing out on the good bits then fritter. 

Edited by Bob