Bit Of A Yarn

HRNZ Website

Nowornever

And if you want to scroll through the days results you have to individually click on each race which is just plain stupid which means like the TAB site I can't be bothered half the time which means I aren't doing my homework which means the TAB is not getting my hard earned dollar.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

39 minutes ago, youngrufus said:

Why can't the fields just be on one page? Having to click for each race is ridiculous. Just like the TAB website.

I have been to the new HRNZ website and I think it is great. There was nothing wrong with old website which was one of the best but the new one is an improvement.

You can get all the fields on one page easily enough if you open your eyes young fella. Take a peek at the top right hand corner where there is a TAB named "EXPAND ALL RACES +"

If you click on this all races are shown with extended form. This feature is also present in the results section. 

If an old fella like me can use the new website it should should be a cinch for a young fella like you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

It is not hard to navigate.... very easy.

Maybe not "hard" but definitely not as user friendly as the old version where you could see nominations, fields and results at a glance .... and yes, I've seen the "expand all" button.

Edited by Taku Umanga
  • Like 1

Thank you Oldwhiteman. I have seen the button now so humbly appologise to HRNZ. On a side note what makes you think I'm a young fella or is everyone a young fella to you? Only going by the old in your name of course. No offense intended, just curious.

• Champ Post 1

5 hours ago, Rangatira said:

does the fact it is not so easy to read (same applies to the TAB site) on my desktop make it easier to read on mobile devices ?

I want to say the HRNZ site is made for better phone usage as most people will use their phone to look at it I suppose.

But that makes no sense at all as the TAB site is shit whatever you are on.

Seems like change for change sake to me. 

I'm sorry, but I just dont get the TAB website stuff. I bloody love it now that I have got used to it and known where things are. 

I was at HRNZ when we changed the website to what it was before today's change and the reaction was exactly the same. 

Somethings never change I guess.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

I bloody love it now that I have got used to it and known where things are. 

It just keeps crapping out. My phone is no dud but it is so slow and simply won't work a fifth of the time. 

"Something went wrong..." seems to be the motto of the site for me.

11 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

It just keeps crapping out. My phone is no dud but it is so slow and simply won't work a fifth of the time. 

"Something went wrong..." seems to be the motto of the site for me.

Have never had anything like that...only issue I've ever had is with watch and bet buffering but that's a connection issue.

1 hour ago, Counter Punch said:

I'm sorry, but I just dont get the TAB website stuff. I bloody love it now that I have got used to it and known where things are. 

I was at HRNZ when we changed the website to what it was before today's change and the reaction was exactly the same. 

Many don't like change mate.Some of them whinge more than a pom in a rain storm. I think the new HRNZ website is wonderful. I don't think it needed improving because it was great before... one of the best harness sites in the world in my old humble opinion. But now it is even better. It looks great on my MacBook Pro. Keep up the good work CP.

• Champ Post 1

26 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

Have never had anything like that...only issue I've ever had is with watch and bet buffering but that's a connection issue.

I wish I knew why it happened. I am not making it up. It just freezes and goes weird.

HRNZ site will be ok. When it was so good before and you try to improve it, of course, there will be resistance. Lets see in two weeks when people have had a decent look around. Unfortunately, I can't say the TAB website has passed that test for me or the people I know who use it. General dissatisfaction would sum it up.

2 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

How many bets do you actually have on each race on the  tab website and how long before race start?

If you like it then that's good, but I absolutely dislike it.I much prefer the previous tab website. 

Edited by the galah

9 minutes ago, the galah said:

How many bets do you actually have on each race on the  tab website and how long before race start?

If you like it then that's good, but I absolutely dislike it.I much prefer the previous tab 

Multiple bets on races, win, place or each way plus quin, tri , first 4 treble quadri etc...and generally within the final two or three minutes prior to a race starting as Trackside is usually on non stop in the corner of the office at work.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Multiple bets on races, win, place or each way plus quin, tri , first 4 treble quadri etc...and generally within the final two or three minutes prior to a race starting as Trackside is usually on non stop in the corner of the office at work.

You work in Petone?

• Haha 2

- How do I get to full / desk top site from mobile ?

- How do I search all nominations by trainer 

- how do I search all fields by driver and trainer 

This is for full site and mobile site 

Lastly why not put all results for one meeting open and review them all .

A lot of TAB site rubbish - pretty but lacks substance ! 

• Like 1

New HRNZ website is arse.

So much more scrolling and generally harder to navigate than the previous version, which was brilliant. 

When fields first come out for a meeting, you want to have a quick look at them; it was so fast and easy to do on the old website. Not now. 

Christ knows why they wanted to change something that wasn't broken. And then change it for something worse than what they had. Not to mention the coin they paid for it. 

Just another nail in the coffin. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1