Bit Of A Yarn

'NEW' Track Manager's Videos...a load of B/S

Thomass

So 'Loveracing'...Saudry's new baby...aka NZTR's site 

Tells the Track Manager's they must do a video pre race meeting of how the tracks looking, how it'll play, the Pen readings across the track etc....the new Going Stick reading...how much rainfall fell...how much chicken shit they've put on...

...all that stuff??

Yea Na actually

What they're doing is total b/s useless information...an almost direct copy of what's already written in 'Meeting News'...

Rainfall, the amazing amount of grass the 'expert' track Managers talk themselves up..oh and maybe where the rail was last meeting...

...and the odd Manager like the HB Manager..actually mentions the EXACT pen reading

TOTAL B/S INFORMATION

What Punters require are the complete Pen. Readings...especially up the straight...The New Going Stick reading...a shear reading as well

...and in Winter courses like WANGANUI, Rotorua and Trentham...a reading of the outside rail..

...you know where they actually race...there...but where they simply give us the rail...

...where they don't race...ffs

So when you hear back slapping bum patters like Rodley and Tan telling us...

"how f in great these new Track Manager videos are"

Just laugh in their faces

So take the total b/s Te Rapa 'flash az' Track Video from yesterday...

Done 2 days before the actual meeting!!!

But get this...even if he'd done the 'Track Guess' on the day...he still would have got it wrong!

A D5..retrospectively downgraded after the first...flash az for D6 for the first...

..and downgraded again after the third to S7...with no rain

...and the rail was off!!!

ffs...

Cut the b/s videos...give us the ACTUAL Pen readings...30 in all....

... failing that the entire ones up the straight...

Then leave it to punters to decide what to do with the info...

Not some biased Trackman talking up his track...

No wonder NZ Punters have buggered off..

Watch and Weep

Edited by Thomass
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Thomass said:

But get this...even if he'd done the 'Track Guess' on the day...he still would have got it wrong!

A D5..retrospectively downgraded after the first...flash az for D6 for the first...

ffs...

Watch and Weep

W

What a bloody joke..who does he think he's talking to?

• Like 1

It is a farce doing it two days out. 

When the rail is out 11 metres at Te Rapa and there is rain, the track where the rail is positioned is no place to be. The outside is, in the better footing and there is less kick back of sand also. That track with the rain they had was never going to a be Dead 5 and you could tell watching the first it was a slow track.

For Wanganui's meeting on Saturday and I don't live anywhere near Wanganui they will be coming wide and all trying to get to the outside fence as per usual when they get a heavy track there.

As Thomass says give us all the readings so we can work it out where the best place to be is. The track manager's video report for Te Rapa was a waste of time. Let's see what the one from Wanganui will have to say when that goes up. .         

This is a very disappointing approach by NZTR and they need to know! I hope they read these forums.

They are simply using track managers to promote a raceday instead of giving punters important specific information about the state of the track.

"currently a Dead 4" says brad, without telling us the Time and Date of 'current'.

For mine, if the video is not created on the morning of raceday it is a complete waste of time and money.

So, NZTR please ...

• record each video on raceday morning and upload on as many platforms as you can as quickly as you can.
  • show the time and date on the video itself
  • give us the penetrometer readings 
  • give us the Rail position, including how it differs in placement from recent meetings

Well we haven't got a track manager so I guess I will have to do the honours when it comes our turn

' This here's a track.  That stuff down there is grass.  If ya follow that bit of white plastic there it won't be long till ya are back where you started.  Other than that I cant tell ya f-all.  Punt up will ya cos God knows we need all the help we can get'

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Thomass said:

ffs...

Watch and Weep

Poor Bart

He did a great job when he was at Riccarton,  he looks very uncomfortable spouting that b/s.

30 minutes ago, Weasel said:

A suggestion...why cant the relevant track info be presented by the Trackside host 30-60 mins before the first race and posted on the 'loveracing' site? It should be mandatory and standard practice at every TAB meeting

Wouldn't be a bad idea.  And get a David Walsh or someone of that ilk to walk the track first then interview them to get some proper indication

• Like 1

They seem to manage a track and weather report at all the ODI cricket games. . Why? Because it's important - ie potentially crucial to the tactics of the teams and possibly the outcome of the match...in horse racing, it is even more crucial.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Weasel said:

They seem to manage a track and weather report at all the ODI cricket games. . Why? Because it's important - ie potentially crucial to the tactics of the teams and possibly the outcome of the match...in horse racing, it is even more crucial.

And there will be one in the half hour before the Blues Super game tonight.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2019 at 6:58 PM, All The Aces said:

It is a farce doing it two days out. 

When the rail is out 11 metres at Te Rapa and there is rain, the track where the rail is positioned is no place to be. The outside is, in the better footing and there is less kick back of sand also. That track with the rain they had was never going to a be Dead 5 and you could tell watching the first it was a slow track.

For Wanganui's meeting on Saturday and I don't live anywhere near Wanganui they will be coming wide and all trying to get to the outside fence as per usual when they get a heavy track there.

As Thomass says give us all the readings so we can work it out where the best place to be is. The track manager's video report for Te Rapa was a waste of time. Let's see what the one from Wanganui will have to say when that goes up. .         

Too true ATA...

And the Whanganui manager said?

"@ 4 races and they'll be coming out wide"

Try the 2nd...

The funny thing is Neil Davis and his mate Lacey were down there sticking their Wharehouse brollies in the Track!

Bloody amateurs eh?

But they got it right!  Lacy said outside was D6/S7 and the rail H 11!

Stupid question I know...but if they know that's where they'll be racing why don't they give Punters the outside rail pen reading??

ffs...

Punters are relly relly f in stupid...punting in NZ

On 31/05/2019 at 8:40 AM, Reefton said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea.  And get a David Walsh or someone of that ilk to walk the track first then interview them to get some proper indication

What about the expert Rodley then?

He poked his brolly in the ELLERSLIE straight...

"Actually the outside 4/5M is a lot worse...as if they've watered it to stop any neddys coming down there...or just bad drainage"

Why put a stupid statement like that out when all he needed to do was check with Jason Fulford....

Then Silly Willy Wilcox put his tuppence in...the CEO 'expert'

"I really think its better than Heavy"

Winning Jockey Calder after the first

"Its really Heavy and testing out there"

Disinformation, stupid f in opinions...

..just give Punters the pen. Readings...across the straight width at the very least...

And they wonder why NZ Punters have buggered off...

• Champ Post 1

6 minutes ago, mumbles said:

Why don't they allow a local trainer to gallop a couple on the course proper prior to giving an opinion.

And many times they do..often you'll hear the Clubs CEO's like Butch Castles trumpeting that very fact...in cohoots with a Stipe....to rubber stamp the Track Manager's opinion...

...the problem with tracks like WANGANUI is the Track Manager guessing how long they take to come to the outside...

...then not telling us what the reading is where they actually race!

How stupid is that?

• Champ Post 1

Of course he was-  nose band was applied and the tongue tie was removed.

If you were so confident Bazza where was it on the other site where you put your tips? You know, the one with bugger all traffic set up by the two agitators from here .  If you were that keen you would have got back some of the losses you currently have over there. ☺️  Two systems you have used. $20 win bets and that one went awol after losses were standing close to $1000.00 and the current one when you started with a thousand and are working backwards to somewhere around $500.00 now. 

Anyway back to the original topic.  How is the track going to play at Ellerslie tomorrow? 

• Haha 1

Just to show you I had it, note the time I placed it on Friday morning.
Fri, 31 May 20193:30am
FFTOP3Wanganui: Wanganui Race 4
Smokin' Oak @ 7.00
$50.00
$350.00Win
Fri, 31 May 20193:29am
FFWINWanganui: Wanganui Race 4
Smokin' Oak @ 34.00
$75.00
$2,550.00Win
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, barryb said:
Just to show you I had it, note the time I placed it on Friday morning.
Fri, 31 May 20193:30am
FFTOP3Wanganui: Wanganui Race 4
Smokin' Oak @ 7.00
$50.00
$350.00Win
Fri, 31 May 20193:29am
FFWINWanganui: Wanganui Race 4
Smokin' Oak @ 34.00
$75.00
$2,550.00Win

Hi Barry, do you often back things each way or to place? I thought you normally only bet for the win. 

Almost always win only betting.

However I have been fiddling with Quinellas and a place betting strategy, Quinellas have been abandoned as I just couldn’t get them to turn a profit. No matter what I tried I just couldn’t justify money going there instead of for a win.The first 3 favs are over backed and result in poor returns.

Place betting is showing promise, but again I am steering clear of anything to place under $3. It’s not an easy road though as a small run of outs kills ya. A must of shopping around bookies is crucial as NZ TAB has horror place %. Only took there’s in this case as I feared a big movement might occur, didn’t transpire this time.