Bit Of A Yarn

dunn stable

hunterthepunter

2 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

can Dunn  stable win big cup week double nz cup and dominion trotters handicap ???? I think they have the two best chances of any stable in the country of doing it

What's the pacer in with a chance?  Classie brigade good horse but all stars would have a dozen better. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Hopes have a decent chance of it too 

Provided the two trotters return to where I think they will.

They must have their fingers crossed with Monbet that he can be competitive again. 

He will need to be almost 100% of his former self to match some of the new blood and that is a big big ask with age and injuries. 

I hope he can front up because it would make the open class trotting just about as competitive and quality filled than it has ever been.

• Like 1

Guest CrossCodes

I’d like to see Monbet retired to a nice home, last week was awful and this week no better, couldn’t even keep up with the pack, hope he doesn’t continue to be flogged when he clearly isn’t a happy horse.

11 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

I’d like to see Monbet retired to a nice home, last week was awful and this week no better, couldn’t even keep up with the pack, hope he doesn’t continue to be flogged when he clearly isn’t a happy horse.

Sad to see, not a shadow of himself, I agree put the old boy in the paddock.

• Like 1

Sundees Son, gee. I used to laugh at the horse once with his antics in breaking and throwing races away. Unbelievable horse this one and destined for greatness at this rate. He can sprint and stay, and will admit, as good as our Majestic Man is we are in for a torrid time and chasing place money at the moment . I hope  Dark Horse comes back as good as we know she can be , will be interesting if she manages to qualify for the top races after an enforced injury break. She is good enough and we rate her as a better stayer than a sprinter. Good times ahead

• Like 3

1 minute ago, globederby12 said:

Sundees Son, gee. I used to laugh at the horse once with his antics in breaking and throwing races away. Unbelievable horse this one and destined for greatness at this rate. He can sprint and stay, and will admit, as good as our Majestic Man is we are in for a torrid time and chasing place money at the moment . I hope  Dark Horse comes back as good as we know she can be , will be interesting if she manages to qualify for the top races after an enforced injury break. She is good enough and we rate her as a better stayer than a sprinter. Good times ahead

Yes and the 3.13 time was the Pacers record for 2600 20 odd years ago, exciting times when all the rest of the good trotters return. Hope dark horse comes back better, untapped potential left in her

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/09/2019 at 8:50 PM, CrossCodes said:

I just watched his trial from Ashburton last week. While he was last of the pack they all moved a couple of lengths ahead of him by the end.

Sadly, I think the edge has gone from him.

• Sad 1