Bit Of A Yarn

Ben Hope

boobybec

19 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I think he won an interdom junior driver comp in the 90's but Don't think he was top junior, lots more competition back then

1991 series held in gods own

i think he was representing the mainlaind

pretty sure he did it without winning a heat

Edited by Rangatira
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I think he won an interdom junior driver comp in the 90's but Don't think he was top junior, lots more competition back then

You may well be right Flag, It was awhile ago but he did win something and it was not lotto.

He clearly had ability to qualify if it was an interdominion probationary drivers comp and basically lost to the industry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You may well be right Flag, It was awhile ago but he did win something and it was not lotto.

He clearly had ability to qualify if it was an interdominion probationary drivers comp and basically lost to the industry.

can you please define "lost to the industry"

57 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

but not top ?

Yeah he was.

He won a probationary or juniors championship, what exactly not sure but he was a very good young driver.

Not going to debate it with you anymore Ranga, cos you just trolling however he clearly has not carried on to any degree in racing.

My point is a very good and championship winning driver is basically out of the industry, unless you can advise us all of him training a big team or driving plenty of horses!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

ben drove good at trials today won heap what's the stake money??? looked like most trainers not having a go bad look if you have to get the bat out just to win and no improvement race day lol

Would you not agree that horses like to win and know when they have. They're not perturbed one way or the other whether they have got 5 or 6 flicks with the whip. Its confidence building is it not. Its just a matter of what type of run they are ready for that counts.

I think with the hope stable what you get at the trials is what you get at the races. They don't seem to  have any interest in setting their horses up for a punt by giving them quiet runs.

I know you support the McGrath stable. It is a hard stable to get a line on sometimes going on their trial runs.. Personally I think they are given quiet runs because that is all they are ready for.. They seem quite successful on the punt sometimes but  I often think their first starters get a little lost mentally in a finish, its like  the quiet runs they have been given at the trials have not mentally prepared them for raceday. That's my opinion,obviously they don't see it that way though. 

The point is every trainer has their own perspective of what they want from a trial.

Also there is pre race treatment (not saying anything illegal),that is given by some stables which helps performance. I haven't heard the term pre trial treatment because who does that?  I don't think the hopes do that as much as some which is why you get raceday what you see at the trials from them..

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1