Bit Of A Yarn

Kozzi Asano!!!

4 hours ago, Thomass said:

Its about opportunities and contacts...riding agin better riders makes one better...wtf knew?

Don't worry if he keeps this form up he won't want for opportunities!  If he chooses to chase the premiership you will see people get behind him.

As for moving North - do apprentices still have obligations to those they are indentured to?

11 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I don't have an opinion either way.  They were still races that had stakes and to be fair some of those apprentices are pretty sharp and those that aren't tend to get in the way.  So great riding.

He's ahead fair and square. Good luck to him. And were these same questions asked, when the likes of Walker and co., led the premiership.?

• Like 1

Kozzi has to be the most talented jockey in NZ. 
I predict that within 5 months (not 5 minutes) he will be the Tony Pike stable jockey. (After yesterday.) 

I wonder how good friend, Innes will feel?  I suppose “septic tank with arms” Castles will come to the rescue, and try and help Innes out now, that he is back in the Waikato. 
It’s all very interesting isn’t it? 

P.S. The quote of “septic tank with arms and legs” has to be attributed to Don Murray, for whatever reason. 

Edited by Dark Beau
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

At Gore he has 8 rides - all chances.  He would be lucky to get two on a Premier Day up north.

One day you'll understand the economics of racing.

It seems you're wrong....again...

Loyality has its place....but the Northern trainers wanted him up at Premier Day...

Flying around like a blue ass fly will burn him out if he doesn't watch it...just like Walker 

"Asano will be looking to add to his winning tally at Gore on Saturday with loyalty shining through for the in-form hoop, after he was approached to ride at Trentham’s premier meeting on Saturday.

“I got more rides at Gore and then after the nominations came out trainers started to ask me to ride at Wellington, but I decided to ride at Gore and stick to the trainers who put me on a lot.”

58 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I'm not wrong.  He has 8 rides at Gore.  There is no indication in your cut and paste how many rides he would have got at Trentham.  Once again you are twisting the facts to fit your twisted views.

Good on him for being loyal.

I agree. Loyalty is a highly commendable quality. All respect to him.

On 17/01/2020 at 2:26 PM, Ludwig said:

He's ahead fair and square. Good luck to him. And were these same questions asked, when the likes of Walker and co., led the premiership.?

The likes of CWJ used to ride in a hurdle race every year so he could ride in highweights. They count. So do the jumping races.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Centaur said:

Winning a national premiership looks great on a CV for Asian racing. Does anyone know how the allowance system works in Australia? If he has the premiership wrapped up come June/July I am sure Waller will be begging for him to go to Aussie if he can claim.

Waller does not need to beg any jockeys to ride for him.

He is a big supporter of NZ jockeys all the same.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, curious said:

The likes of CWJ used to ride in a hurdle race every year so he could ride in highweights. They count. So do the jumping races.

It's a joke isn't it bi?

Try mixing The National Hunt table with Flat Jockeys...and you'd get laughed off the course...

The same with App only races counting towards the Premiership...dito Highweights