Bit Of A Yarn

Ricky May

12 minutes ago, Spatchcock said:

chief, Ricky subsequently confirmed what you called “rumour and supposition”.

You miss the point.  At the time it was only hearsay.  If you recall originally it was reported his heart stopped for 20 minutes.  Ricky doesn't confirm that.

The point is it wasn't good journalism nor necessary.  In due course we got the truth from Ricky and his family and delivered in a proper manner.

I guess some people still buy the Womens Weekly.

15 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

why allow it then? you are the chief, you have the control! has it gone to your head? isnt this medium a form of journalism? or?

The horse had already bolted as it were.  As for "control" and it going to my head I find that statement laughable.  Given the heaps of criticism I have been given for allowing free and open debate more so than any other forum.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

I can't help but  be saddened as to where this thread has ended up. From all the initial good wishes towards Ricky, we've descended into the usual bickering. Don't we ever learn?

The off shoot story of the Ricky May ordeal was the role of social media in it. The family made a point of that early on and took a stance against the role of some tweeters. 

Social media causes a lot of problems so no surprise it turned into debate.

• Like 1

How good was it to see/read that RT May has plans to come back to raceday driving? How good?!

I'm very relieved that he has pulled through this event, and can't wait to one day cheer him home oncourse. It's been a scary, but also a good news story. All the very best Ricky, it will be great to have you back on track in your gold cap when you are ready.  

Cheers,

Rusty 

• Like 3