Bit Of A Yarn

Ricky May

Credit to the aforementioned people to assist Mr May when he really needed it, especially Ellie Barron. Also to the clerk of the course and driver John Dunn (2nd position behind A G's Whitesocks) for recognizing what was ahead of him and ensuring that no other horses/drivers were put in harm's way. 

In the racing game it is all to easy to criticize people, but man in times of need, racing folk sure know how to spring into action when the time comes.

Thoughts and best wishes to Mr May and his family. 

• Like 1

Very rare event indeed. Thoughts are with the Legend and his family, it is to soon Ricky we need you back.

From memory the only other time it has happened (I think) was Eugene McDermot, who collapsed from the cart during the NZ Cup that Parisienne won. Unfortunately he didnt make it , from all accounts he was dead when he hit the ground.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Very rare event indeed. Thoughts are with the Legend and his family, it is to soon Ricky we need you back.

From memory the only other time it has happened (I think) was Eugene McDermot, who collapsed from the cart during the NZ Cup that Parisienne won. Unfortunately he didnt make it , from all accounts he was dead when he hit the ground.

Hi Globe  watching that today was terrible. I grew up with the Mays sort of adopted as my friend was Ricky's cousin.  I was there when Ruling River won his first race for his grandmother Anne.  That same year I was in the Ambulance at Ashburton when Merv Wills had a heart arttack on Harlem Cherie and fell out of the sulky. No TV in those days and it wasn't until Doug Mangos got to the finish line to tell us to move our arses that we went to where it happened. Unfortunately there was nothing much we could do that day as horses had run over him. John Dunn did so well today to realise something was very wrong.  My thoughts gets are with Ricky Judy and family. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

How the hell did this not get a mention on One news??

I think because it was a medical event and not an 'accident'. for starters.  The also would have had sketchy information about it and couldn't confirm much of it. Let alone showing the actual event which they could not.

Even now on twitter there is extra information which is possibly unconfirmed so I won't screenshot. I only did the above to hear what was going on initially. Now he is in the hands of the right people it is possibly best just to keep quiet and let family and friends handle everything. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I hope for the best for a legend of the game.

It is so upsetting.

image.png.1c0d7a207a479c63d982c9e9abdc346b.png

I see garrick also posted he showed no signs of life for 20 mins?? Wow if that is correct that is very, very serious. Good luck to him with this, he is a real nice guy, one of the games real gentlemen

• Like 2

It seems he is in a stable condition, no pun intended.

In some ways, he was lucky it happened with so many people around to take care of him, had it happened to him while alone in his tractor on his farm, outcome could be very different. 
Good luck to him, hope it turns out ok

• Like 4