Bit Of A Yarn

Excited About NZ Racing Today?

11 minutes ago, nomates said:

They must just about be ready for a body brace the amount of back flips they have done . Just goes to show how little real thought and understanding was put into some of these decisions . Now let's see how long until radio trackside or some form of radio coverage is reinstated . My bet is they will do something , they have underestimated the effect some of these decisions were going to have on their busines

I notice they have a new station where radio sport was,its basically shit.if trackside was reinstated why not sport commentary as well then you can put some of the races on website but have the main stuff on radio remember the tab are into sports betting too there is very little live sport on radio these days why not some forward thinking?

9 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

I notice they have a new station where radio sport was,its basically shit.if trackside was reinstated why not sport commentary as well then you can put some of the races on website but have the main stuff on radio remember the tab are into sports betting too there is very little live sport on radio these days why not some forward thinking?

I would suspect they would have to pay royalties to put live commentaries  on air . I think most people that sports bet would already have access to coverage most of the time . Personally as long as the races were back on and they worked on getting more advertising to help cover costs would be a better way to go . I know ads are a pain but they help pay the bills .

• Like 1