Bit Of A Yarn

Harness Industry News 4/8/2020 - Any news re stake distribution??

Brodie

I note HRNZ news dated 4th August 2020, but nothing from the CEO of HRNZ Mr Peter Holden, in regards to stakes distribution!

We were told that we would get this last week and yet we have heard nothing!!!!!

So our highly paid temporary CEO, that wants to keep the seat warm permanently, doesnt do what he says he is going to do?
Think it is time HRNZ got someone in that is going to perform and know about harness Racing!

I'm sure all the punters out there will be enormously excited about this. Cleaned out a few baddies of late and this will no doubt result in more. No integrity equals no punting as can clearly be witnessed in the last few years since INCA etc reared its head in the media

Greg

17 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

I'm sure all the punters out there will be enormously excited about this. Cleaned out a few baddies of late and this will no doubt result in more. No integrity equals no punting as can clearly be witnessed in the last few years since INCA etc reared its head in the media

Greg

I think you will find crap fields week after week at the same location will have a greater impact on harness betting than any perceived integrity issues.  If we are talking about perceptions what message does a field full of horses from one stable send to punters?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

think you will find crap fields week after week at the same location will have a greater impact on harness betting than any perceived integrity issues.  I

Heaven forbid but i disagree and hear about it often from bigger punters. I know of one for example who following the Doc Tim race at Nelson has not had a bet since.

2 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

If we are talking about perceptions what message does a field full of horses from one stable send to punters?

Owners of AS  horses are entitled to race their horses just like anyone else. It shows the excellence of that stable in that race versus those who do not want to compete this week in a particular race. The punters will invest but as i keep saying harness racing's popularity is declining worldwide. TB's the same but from a higher base as other gambling options gain traction.

Greg

6 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Heaven forbid but i disagree and hear about it often from bigger punters. I know of one for example who following the Doc Tim race at Nelson has not had a bet since.

Owners of AS  horses are entitled to race their horses just like anyone else. It shows the excellence of that stable in that race versus those who do not want to compete this week in a particular race. The punters will invest but as i keep saying harness racing's popularity is declining worldwide. TB's the same but from a higher base as other gambling options gain traction.

Greg

tab will miss you betting with your dollar each way

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

apologies but i am having a bit of brodster moment here

what is the doc tim race at nelson ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

must be busy in your new job greg . so how you going to fix harness racing problems???

7 hours ago, Noodlum said:

If we are talking about perceptions what message does a field full of horses from one stable send to punters?

Would send the same message as this one from two days ago.

It is a rather common example of a high grade CD greyhound field. 

image.thumb.png.ca3e677ce87cddcc04384b5e1f5ea424.png

• Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Would send the same message as this one from two days ago.

It is a rather common example of a high grade CD greyhound field. 

image.thumb.png.ca3e677ce87cddcc04384b5e1f5ea424.png

At least with the dogs, there is no driver Doing what the bosses have told them to do!

The AllStars only race is ridiculous and why anyone would bet into it, would be puzzling?

2 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Phil Holden is going to fix it for you... 9_9

Where is our esteemed Phil Holden?

What is everyones opinion of Mr Holden’s announcement re the stakes distribution that was announced last week?

Sorry, forgot we havent had it yet, must be exciting!

6 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Now you fuckers have got me confused.🤒

No need to be confused mikeynz

hunterthepunter is having a guess, that's all

Since I was at a function the GO'C was at, and the village idiot JJ Flash aka Greg made postings during that time, it's simply not possible

Mikie