Bit Of A Yarn

So JJF was right...

Basil

Ouch!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/122376304/harness-racing-star-matt-anderson-assaulted-strangled-woman

"Anderson’s victim said she supported him while he was being prosecuted on the drug charges because she always wanted to believe the best about him. She felt foolish for not seeing the warning signs she now realised were there, she said." Between Anderson, McGrath and no doubt some others still to come,  quite a few are likely to be feeling the same way soon.

We all knew he was "right" however JJ denied he knew.  

I'm in two minds about allowing this thread to continue.  My personal opinion is that certain individuals at the RIU have a lot to answer for.

The pressure that has been put on these individuals has been extreme.  That doesn't excuse certain behaviour but it does make it more understandable.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

We all knew he was "right" however JJ denied he knew.  

I'm in two minds about allowing this thread to continue.  My personal opinion is that certain individuals at the RIU have a lot to answer for.

The pressure that has been put on these individuals has been extreme.  That doesn't excuse certain behaviour but it does make it more understandable.

With the greatest respect, no amount of pressure makes this sort of behaviour understandable.

Of course, it's entirely up to you whether you censor the thread or not, but, imho, it would set an undesirable precedent. And it's not going to make the facts go away, or stop them being aired and discussed elsewhere.

BTW, I didn't know (not sure what that says about me😀).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Basil said:

With the greatest respect, no amount of pressure makes this sort of behaviour understandable.

Of course, it's entirely up to you whether you censor the thread or not, but, imho, it would set an undesirable precedent. And it's not going to make the facts go away, or stop them being aired and discussed elsewhere.

BTW, I didn't know (not sure what that says about me😀).

That's your opinion.  But I've seen first hand what the sort of pressure these people have experienced does to essentially good people.

Everyone has a limit.  But for the grace of God there go I.

In Anderson's case his first misdemeanour was only discovered as the result of a covert operation into something else.  That misdemeanour in itself although wrong wasn't at the high end of the criminal spectrum.

From that point on he was subjected to intense pressure.  It escalated from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basil said:

Ouch!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/122376304/harness-racing-star-matt-anderson-assaulted-strangled-woman

"Anderson’s victim said she supported him while he was being prosecuted on the drug charges because she always wanted to believe the best about him. She felt foolish for not seeing the warning signs she now realised were there, she said." Between Anderson, McGrath and no doubt some others still to come,  quite a few are likely to be feeling the same way soon.

your wanker basil bringing McGrath  into that stuff article as nothing to do with him 

22 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

your wanker basil bringing McGrath  into that stuff article as nothing to do with him 

Hunter, Basil puts himself up as this “Pillar of Society” but you are right, he is a “puller in society”.

I am not saying that is all bad, but FFS why does the media want to make headlines BS about a harness driver domestic?

Someone has got something against harness racing in general!!!
Do we get front page headlines saying “Labourer beats up wife after being drunk?”

These plonkers that are trying to destroy a young fellahs life should hang there smart arse heads in shame!

Racing Integrity Unit, you are a major part in destroying many peoples lives involved in harness racing, and the word INTEGRITY should certainly be taken out of the Name.

Basil, I appreciate that you have never ever done anything wrong!!!!

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

13 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

are you on Khal Drogo basher

Na, havent had a go on anything!

Certainly has shortened up a lot, although it does not take a lot of money to shorten them up.

Several small bets will do it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Hunter, Basil puts himself up as this “Pillar of Society” but you are right, he is a “puller in society”.

I am not saying that is all bad, but FFS why does the media want to make headlines BS about a harness driver domestic?

Someone has got something against harness racing in general!!!
Do we get front page headlines saying “Labourer beats up wife after being drunk?”

These plonkers that are trying to destroy a young fellahs life should hang there smart arse heads in shame!

Racing Integrity Unit, you are a major part in destroying many peoples lives involved in harness racing, and the word INTEGRITY should certainly be taken out of the Name.

Basil, I appreciate that you have never ever done anything wrong!!!!

And they still haven't found a race that was fixed!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have never raised a hand to any woman. That's how I was bought up. The guy is a bully with anger problems, if you guys feel for him, then you aren't much better. I know if you know someone you will stick up for them, but it makes you look like that as well.

Needs to be out of the industry for good. IMHO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

That's your opinion.  But I've seen first hand what the sort of pressure these people have experienced does to essentially good people.

Everyone has a limit.  But for the grace of God there go I.

In Anderson's case his first misdemeanour was only discovered as the result of a covert operation into something else.  That misdemeanour in itself although wrong wasn't at the high end of the criminal spectrum.

From that point on he was subjected to intense pressure.  It escalated from there.

Seriously?  There is no justification for what Anderson did - intense pressure or not!  Punching, choking, kicking a women in the head is unacceptable - surely you're not gonna argue with that?

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

• Noodlum locked and unlocked this topic
1 minute ago, Honestjohn said:

I have to defend myself, my cousin was married to Bernie pope. Another who belted women. He taught me to box btw. I kinda know where you stand ! 

happy?

So you condone violence but only if it is man on man?

26 minutes ago, Taku Umanga said:

Seriously?  There is no justification for what Anderson did - intense pressure or not!  Punching, choking, kicking a women in the head is unacceptable - surely you're not gonna argue with that?

NO I'm not arguing in anyway what he did was justified.  However from what I've seen of this blasted INCA bullshit is that there has been a lot of collateral damage that probably would never have happened if it wasn't for the intense pressure that some of these people have been put under.

The fact is INCA has yet to successfully prosecute one case related to what they set out to do - race fixing.  

Grimstone has a history of doing this - he should never have been given a job at the RIU.  He fucked up on INCA and had to find something to nail someone on.  Only to save face.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Honestjohn said:

Are you thick, read my reply. Btw ,  I don't condone violence, any person with an iq above 100 would know that.

I dont condone violence either, and most people with intelligence dont!!

HonestJohn, not sure why you call yourself Honest, but there must be some storey behind it?..

What I see as the problem is that the so called Racing Integrity Unit has totally effed many peoples lives!
The facts are that there are employees of the RIU that have very little integrity and yet they have the audacity to persecute some of our best performers!

For some reason there is some effwits that want to hang young Matt Anderson out to dry?

The effing media continually want to make headlines of him, with pictures of him leaving jail from a couple of years ago!

I am sure Matt Anderson regrets the events that occurred in February and no it doesnt read well!

I dont condone what he did if that is what happened, however we all know that often the truth is not always told!

What I do know is that our Racing Integrity Unit need to take a long look at themselves for the BS thst they have put many through unnecessarily!

I am not too sure how some of these people that work for the RIU retain there jobs, as it certainly isnt by doing a good job.

Hope young Matt can battle thru this and come out the other side

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

What I see as the problem is that the so called Racing Integrity Unit has totally effed many peoples lives!
The facts are that there are employees of the RIU that have very little integrity and yet they have the audacity to persecute some of our best performers!

What I do know is that our Racing Integrity Unit need to take a long look at themselves for the BS thst they have put many through unnecessarily!

I am not too sure how some of these people that work for the RIU retain there jobs, as it certainly isnt by doing a good j

got to agree brodie seems to be rules for some and not others 

27 minutes ago, Brodie said:

HonestJohn, not sure why you call yourself Honest, but there must be some storey behind it?..

For some reason there is some effwits that want to hang young Matt Anderson out to dry?

The effing media continually want to make headlines of him, with pictures of him leaving jail from a couple of years ago!

I am sure Matt Anderson regrets the events that occurred in February and no it doesnt read well!

I dont condone what he did if that is what happened, however we all know that often the truth is not always told!

I am not too sure how some of these people that work for the RIU retain there jobs, as it certainly isnt by doing a good job.

Your last comment,fair enough,everybody can stuff up.very few of us have not made mistakes,maybe not as bad as these but we all grow and sometimes come out the other side better for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

This has NOTHING to do with the RIU!  The clown bashed a woman, has been found criminally guilty and seriously deserves anything dished out to him!

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2