Bit Of A Yarn

You Have To Be Kidding? This is not good enough!!!!

Brodie

Watch race 9 today at Addington, 2000metre standing start!

If a single harness enthusiast in NZ considers that this start is fair, then they need their head read!

The current starter unfortunately is just not up to the task of being the starter at the best track in Australasia!

He seriously has let the tapes go and is probably the worst standing start I have seen for a long time, or ever!!!!

No point elaborating anymore at the moment as it was just so bloody pathetic, and Addington needs to fine him heavily and send him packing!

Surely he needs  to go to SpecSavers as it is an absolute SHOCKER!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 3

Look HRNZ think that their starter is up to scratch then you can see how badly in the crap they are!!

The stipes nail junior drivers, and other drivers for a variety of things often for nothing and this starter continually allowed to stuff up time after time!

HRNZ time you started doing something for the benefit of  racing and admit that your paid employee who tries to start races is well past his best!

Lets see if our esteemed Mr Phil Holden in his part time role, has got the balls?????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Isn't it the RIU's Stewards decision whether it was a fair start or not?

They're tasked with enforcing integrity & there was no integrity if this was declared to be a fair start.

Yankiwi, the starter is also A steward,

Just because they call it the Racing Integrity Unit, if you work for them or HRNZ you dont have to have any INTEGRITY!
They prefer to try and persecute innocent people and their own can not be touched!

Mr Phil Holden needs to step up and do what he is paid big money to do, but I wouldnt be holding my breath, going on his performance to date!!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

33 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Yankiwi, the starter is also A steward,

Just because they call it the Racing Integrity Unit, if you work for them or HRNZ you dont have to have any INTEGRITY!
They prefer to try and persecute innocent people and their own can not be touched!

Mr Phil Holden needs to step up and do what he is paid big money to do, but I wouldnt be holding my breath, going on his performance to date!!

do you think the starter is race fixing?? should he be investigated??

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Actually HTP, I am not sure if you are joking or not, but the start today defies belief and gives some horses a massive advantage. Maybe they should look into the race for irregularities?

your on the money some horses have a massive advantage getting a flying start we are talking split seconds in winning or losing. interesting watching some of these old starters assistances wobble over and try pull horse up to the starting tape

• Like 1

Brilliant, the Stewards have opened up an enquiry in regards to the start!!!!!
It states that several starters were out of position!!!

No shit Sherlock, the starter let the tape go, as he was HAAAAAAPY, even though therr was next to no horse up at the tape and others were20 metres back!

Nothing will happen as the starter is a Steward.

Stewards, a piece of advice, bring in a new starter as this is just BS, allowing these poor starts week in and week out!

It is a fact of life, some people get past there used date!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Come on, Galah, I know you want to post something. 😂

Galah, will be Haaaaaaaaaapy with it!

Seriously, it just is not good enough!

This was not a trials meeting, people are investing their hard earned money on races, and why would you ever have a go on a standing start at Addington with a starter that can not see properly?

Why on earth was a false start not called because it was a shocker!

I actually think HRNZ and RIU are actually scared of the said starter for some reason?

Look, not attacking the starter personally, but surely he can see that he needs to step down for the good of racing.

Geez, if you are an NRL coach and the team isnt winning you just bet sacked!

Edited by Brodie

27 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

might have to go to the two dollar shop and buy new pair off glasses???

Think it might take more than that Hunter.

Why on earth a false start was t called I am not sure.

Why didnt the siren go after the race, as there were too many disadvantaged for it to be a fair race.

Integrity? Yeah/Na

They call false starts for mobiles and het here was a stand where at least half the field was not given an equal opportunity!

Something needs to be done, but it wont be because they more worried about drivers tapping a horse 11 times and winning a race!!!!!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

What on earth is the stewards have opened up an enquirey into the start mean?

The starter effed up again, one of their own!

It happens every week, nothing to do with the horses, all to do with the starter not up to The job!

Doubt anything will happen, never does, too busy dealing hammering others!,,

Time Mr Holden stepped up to the plate and tells the starter he needs to retire!
Everyone Thinks the same!,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Time Mr Holden stepped up to the plate and tells the starter he needs to retire!

I could be wrong Brodie  , and if i am plenty will tell me so, but the starter is employed by the clubs not HRNZ so has nothing to do with Holden.

That said i am of the belief that: he should be either a starter or and RIU employee but not both as there is a potential conflict of interest between the two positions.

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

I could be wrong Brodie  , and if i am plenty will tell me so, but the starter is employed by the clubs not HRNZ so has nothing to do with Holden.

That said i am of the belief that: he should be either a starter or and RIU employee but not both as there is a potential conflict of interest between the two positions.

Greg

You could well be correct, Greg!

However, it is Addington Raceway that is putting on the harness racing, and HRNZ would  be governing over the Met Club I would say!

It is shocking then that Addington are still happy to have a starter that is not competent to do the job now!

Age can catch up on people earlier than others, and Sometimes you just have to own up to your short comings.

Whether HRNZ or Addington admit the starters failings nkw and do something about it, is doubtful!

However, the eyes are going to be fully on the starts from now on, and the pressure will mount for another starter if the starts continue to be substandard!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

MET managed to remove the Clerk of the Course surely they can remove a double dipping bad starter.

• Like 3