Bit Of A Yarn

Miss oaks

Honestjohn

How can we do it here in Oz and you guys are confined to quarters?..........what gives? It makes no sense at all, when you are eating the paint off the wall why wouldn't you want to get the message out there that responsible race going is better than irresponsible non race going?

What a bloody tragedy, oh well, at least the spend should be up with nothing much to do......#kickacandownthestreet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, barryb said:

The 2 main states of Aus don’t have patrons unless my eyes are liars.

Danistan is in closedown, I don't count that joint, it's run by fools, your GOV needs to learn, just look at Andrews and his crew to learn how NOT to do things......NSW has their customers back on track, smaller numbers allowed and Newcastle went into a hiatus with crowds too with their recent scare, but QLD has had racegoers, I was one last week..pie and a punt and roaring sunshine.

6 hours ago, SLB2.0 said:

I'm backing Freda's in the first. Let's go!

Pity I hadn't checked in earlier, I could have given you my thoughts about the firm track and how she might cope.

She didn't.  After a good enough effort first up on heavy going, she couldn't muster the pace today.  She's dropped a heap of weight too, is still furnishing and can go to the paddock. 

3 minutes ago, Freda said:

Pity I hadn't checked in earlier, I could have given you my thoughts about the firm track and how she might cope.

She didn't.  After a good enough effort first up on heavy going, she couldn't muster the pace today.  She's dropped a heap of weight too, is still furnishing and can go to the paddock. 

And what are your thoughts on Celine today.?

34 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

And what are your thoughts on Celine today.?

I felt she might be suspect - at that level - on better going.  She's run 1.10 and change, but at no stage was she ever going to threaten those proven good sprinters.

She won her maiden on firm ground...but that lot weren't maidens.   She's a genuine little performer on suitable going, we will just have to be careful where she runs, that's all.

Wasn't to far away, I thought a good run in a very tidy field to be fair, I took wild Jack in the cup, bit gutted he didn't quite get there, the 126 an 26s fixed price was very appealing, just thought a good draw and good rider was a outside chance, fact he had to get off the rail may have held him up a tad and cost him the win,wasn't much in it still remember his great run when beaten in the timaru cup I think by the I'll fated boots n all.

I was standing with Kelvin Tyler during the running of the middle distance race, he was frowning at his runner parked 4 wide no cover under the 4-claimer Yong Chew....he needn't have worried, it just kicked arse!

Some good performances on the day.

The Redwood filly of the Wilsons'  looks talented....and Kenny had a good day too, lucky he got his S I passport updated.

2 hours ago, Freda said:

I was standing with Kelvin Tyler during the running of the middle distance race, he was frowning at his runner parked 4 wide no cover under the 4-claimer Yong Chew....he needn't have worried, it just kicked arse!

I thought the apprentice rode the horse very well.  Couldn't have really done much about where the horse settled.  I've seen so many jockey's both apprentices and senior ones become intent of either pulling the head off the horse to go back and get closer to the rail or kick it up to try and find a possie forward.  Very rarely does either strategy work.  Best to let the horse get into a rhythm and relax which the young fella did very well.  Pressed the go forward button at exactly the right time.  I was impressed with his effort and the horse's.  Sits low on the horse too which I like.

Think I'd be frowning as a trainer to if caught 3 and 4 wide, not sure what the horse drew, but sometimes it is the draw and no matter who the rider is, guess the decision to settle and sit or go forward and use the petrol is the key, guess it helped only with a feather weight, one I have a share in got caught 3 wide the trip at invercargill one day, with 59kg from a handy draw, I was muttering a few expletives at the tab TV, but he managed to get up by the skin of his teeth, you don't see many than can do it, over any distance, was put of madam sequoia with a draw of 16, left me abit annoyed, but that's just racing isn't it.