Bit Of A Yarn

Spicer gone, Hair in

Mikie

6 hours ago, mikeynz said:

And for something completely different I hear lush on zb saying that harry and meaghan have a new house with 16 bathrooms,gee what's the point in that,one only has 1 arsehole,

But in there house there is 2  arseholes. hahaha

Harness deserve what they get if they are prepared to accept a CEO that has no track record of success!

Appointed solely as temporary, and yet he is given the job permanently without any indication whatsoever of knowing what he is doing, and part time at best.

Anyway, pointless debating it as harness racing is seriously on the way out!

FFS, the way this has occurred just shows how things have deteriorated, and watch this space as people realise they need someone in the job with some expertise!!!

Apparently the greyhounds dont have too much good to say, so you wouldve thought that HRNZ wouldve taken notice of that, wouldnt you????????

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Harness deserve what they get if they are prepared to accept a CEO that has no track record of success!

Appointed solely as temporary, and yet he is given the job permanently without any indication whatsoever of knowing what he is doing, and part time at best.

FFS, the way this has occurred just shows how things have deteriorated, and watch this space as people realise they need someone in the job with some expertise!!!

Apparently the greyhounds dont have too much good to say, so you wouldve thought that HRNZ wouldve taken notice of that, wouldnt you????????

holden sounds as good as the starter

33 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I just can't believe they announced the CEO in an update that had the Board nowhere to be seen.

If they can't get the simple stuff right then how are they going to turn things around below them? Harness racing has an opportunity to position itself in a good place I believe but I don't see any evidence of a plan. It is chaos, look at the way the clubs were treated in such an off handed manner with the licences. 

As an outsider, a punter who just likes harness racing,  I can see no rhyme or reason to the harness racing decisions being made. I get the super big picture stuff of TAB and how they are trying to claw back money and that may be a saving grace of the whole game but below that the harness racing stuff is beyond me including this fixation on social media and the younger generation being the saviour. Every generation can be involved in harness racing surely and the backbone is the 50+ age (these people have years ahead of them) who actually have money to spend on ownership and betting but they are treated like lepers for some reason. 

Holden can't do the job himself as it too big for one person. Who are his visible assistants taking some of the strain? 

Where is the plan at every level of the game? Show me that I will shut up but I bet no one in harness racing knows what the hell is going on or where they stand.

Harness racing is pissing into the wind with the way it is going about things.

Someone can prove me wrong and give evidence otherwise. I would be more than happy for that to happen.

• Like 2

I simply cannot follow this. Somebody help.

In an update today:

2. CHIEF EXECUTIVE ROLE

The Board is now in a position to confirm Phil Holden’s contract as Chief Executive has been extended to 31st March 2021.

The process to recruit a Chief Executive has been initiated. The position will be advertised in October and it is hoped an appointment will be made before 31st December 2020.

Yet a few days ago it was permanent but above it says March next year and the position will be advertised.

4. Appointment of CEO
Following this month’s HRNZ Board meeting, Chair Ken Spicer has also announced that the contract of Interim Chief Executive Phil Holden has been extended and becomes permanent. “We are very confident in Phil and with all the changes going on it was felt that it
was important to have consistency and stability”.

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I simply cannot follow this. Somebody help.

In an update today:

2. CHIEF EXECUTIVE ROLE

The Board is now in a position to confirm Phil Holden’s contract as Chief Executive has been extended to 31st March 2021.

The process to recruit a Chief Executive has been initiated. The position will be advertised in October and it is hoped an appointment will be made before 31st December 2020.

Yet a few days ago it was permanent but above it says March next year and the position will be advertised.

4. Appointment of CEO
Following this month’s HRNZ Board meeting, Chair Ken Spicer has also announced that the contract of Interim Chief Executive Phil Holden has been extended and becomes permanent. “We are very confident in Phil and with all the changes going on it was felt that it
was important to have consistency and stability”.

Certainly very confusing as to what on earth is going on?

HRNZ are very confident in Mr Holden’s ability and yet they are going to advertise the position and get someone else?

So if you are so confident in his ability then why are you Looking for someone else?

This is surely saying that Mr Holden is not what we we require?

Very confusing isn’t it?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Certainly very confusing as to what on earth is going on?

HRNZ are very confident in Mr Holden’s ability and yet they are going to advertise the position and get someone else?

So if you are so confident in his ability then why are you Looking for someone else?

This is surely saying that Mr Holden is not what we we require?

Very confusing isn’t it?

So Holden is on the way out? Will he apply for the job? What happened to consistency and stability?

Does anybody in harness pay attention to this ongoing debacle, and it is a debacle. 

Heaven help harness racing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

So Holden is on the way out? Will he apply for the job? What happened to consistency and stability?

Does anybody in harness pay attention to this ongoing debacle, and it is a debacle. 

Heaven help harness racing.

What about the possibility that HRNZ are covering their arses?  That is they know their employment processes concerning Holden were crap and open to scrutiny so they then put in this new process.

Will the end result be Holden keeps the job in the new year?

Who would apply anyway when you see how the Board operates?

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

What about the possibility that HRNZ are covering their arses?  That is they know their employment processes concerning Holden were crap and open to scrutiny so they then put in this new process.

Very sensible post

Greg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Very hard to come to any other conclusion Chief given the statement earlier in the week that the appointment had been made permanent.

Hopefully some good applicants will come out of the woodwork. It should be made clear to all applicants that the CEO job is full time  and Christchurch based, and they won't be paying expenses for anyone to commute from out of town.

Holdens assertion that it is advantageous for him to be based  near the TAB in Petone is a nonsense that everybody sees through for what it is.   A justification for the indefensible.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, With A Dream said:

Holdens assertion that it is advantageous for him to be based  near the TAB in Petone is a nonsense that everybody sees through for what it is.   A justification for the indefensible.

Why doesn't he base himself in the TAB's Parnell offices?  At least Auckland has a harness track and in lockdown he'd have a legitimate excuse not to travel.  The golf courses are better up there as well compared to Wellington.

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Being based near the Petone TAB hasnt helped harness getting any favours from it!

Pathetic effort in accepting the TAB paying out in arrears!

Heez harness is so lucky to nave such a skilled negotiator

"Brodie"

The TAB paying out in arrears hasn't really caused the cashflow problem at HRNZ

Mikie

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mikie said:

"Brodie"

The TAB paying out in arrears hasn't really caused the cashflow problem at HRNZ

Mikie

Maybe not Mikie!

However, Mr Holden acceptance of it, shows just how vulnerable harness is, if our new temporary/permanent CEO is prepared to fold!

Harness needs a leader and not someone who is just filling a seat one day a week!

What action is taking place to ensure that racing continues?

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Maybe not Mikie!

However, Mr Holden acceptance of it, shows just how vulnerable harness is, if our new temporary/permanent CEO is prepared to fold!

Harness needs a leader and not someone who is just filling a seat one day a week!

What action is taking place to ensure that racing continues?

I am obviously not a supporter of Mr Holden but I don’t think you can blame him for this Brodie

All codes aren the same and, to be fair, with the financial constraints that the TAB are operating under how xan you expect them to fund codes in advance?

Would you pay me $3,000,000 now on the promise that I’ll do work  for you in the coming month or would you expect to pay me after I’d done the work for you?

Mikie

53 minutes ago, Mikie said:

I am obviously not a supporter of Mr Holden but I don’t think you can blame him for this Brodie

All codes aren the same and, to be fair, with the financial constraints that the TAB are operating under how xan you expect them to fund codes in advance?

Would you pay me $3,000,000 now on the promise that I’ll do work  for you in the coming month or would you expect to pay me after I’d done the work for you?

Mikie

Mikie, you know a helluva lot more about funding and payouts than I will ever care about!

My point is that Mr Holden should be going into bat as much as possible for harness!!

12 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

7 hours ago, Badger said:

Well said Chief, I believe you will be shown to be correct. The board had to come up with this or face legal issues.

So the Board and Chairman who are in charge of harness racing and are highly experienced cannot understand or even follow employment processes regarding a CEO?

One of the simplest and most logical processes to follow and they can't do that? I think that speaks volumes and if they cannot get this right how can they be expected to get anything else right.

• Like 1