Bit Of A Yarn

Methven R1 "Start"

Mark D

44 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I am talking about what it should have been Mikie!

It was a start and therefore there should not have been any late scratchings!

Everyone would have backed something that has been checcked at the start and never got their money back!!!

It is another mistake by officialdom that has been made unless this is new policy?

I give up Brodie

You clearly stated "not great if you backed either horse (that was late scratched)"

You are wrong, those that backed those 2 horses and got their money back would be happy I'd say

Mikie

30 minutes ago, Mikie said:

I give up Brodie

You clearly stated "not great if you backed either horse (that was late scratched)"

You are wrong, those that backed those 2 horses and got their money back would be happy I'd say

Mikie

FFS Mikie, are you smoking something?

I made the point that both horses should not have been scratched as it should have been a fair start going on normal policy!!!

I then said not great if you backed them but that is the norm when you bet!!

Are you just being an eff wit for the hell of it or are you a bit slow?

Cut out being a smart arse as that is what is coming across!

• Haha 2
  • Bad Post 1

18 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Not being smart at all, just can't follow your logic

Why is it not great if you backed them?

It is a simple question, I thought that someone who backed them would have been depressed to begin with, then happy afterwards

Mikie

Mikie, seriously!

If you backed them and they were checked after the start was called you would not be that happy!

Previously they would not have been a late scratching

You have to be taking the piss!

Edited by Brodie

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

Mikie, seriously!

If you backed them and they were checked after the start was called you would not be that happy!

Previously they would not have been a late scratching

You have to be taking the piss!

Just move on Brodie

You seem to have no idea of what you type

True, if you backed them and they were checked after the start and weren't late scratchings then you would not be happy

However, these 2 were late scratchings so anyone who backed these 2 would be happy

Understand?

Mikie

23 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Just move on Brodie

You seem to have no idea of what you type

True, if you backed them and they were checked after the start and weren't late scratchings then you would not be happy

However, these 2 were late scratchings so anyone who backed these 2 would be happy

Understand?

Mikie

Apologies Mikie, didnt realise you can not understand things!

You should be at Kaikoura so you can not annoy me anymore!

Dont bother replying!

7 minutes ago, Brodie said:

More enquiries for standing starts at Kaikoura!

What is this saying about the starter???

He has to be gone it is just blatant ridiculous now!

It was the same for the Gallops at Ellerslie etc - if you're one of the "boys" incompetence is acceptable

• Like 1

"I have got far better things to do than waste my time posting with small minded pedantic people!

I will leave it up to the others to post as I am over and out!

Enjoy the rest of this difficult year and hope everyone has a great xmas and holiday season!

Edited Tuesday at 09:36 PM by Brodie"

Remember?

Mikie

1 hour ago, Mikie said:

Anyone who backed the rest wouldn't be happy as wouldn't deductions apply to fixed odds?

As for the two that were late scratched their punters would be happy to get their money back but I would imagine extremely pissed with the starter!

Edited by Noodlum
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

Anyone who backed the rest wouldn't be happy as wouldn't deductions apply to fixed offs?

As for the two that were late scratched their punters would be happy to get their money back but I would imagine extremely pissed with the starter!

In respect of the punters who backed those 2 my point exactly Noodlum

It's setting a dangerous precedent I would have thought

Mikie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

More enquiries for standing starts at Kaikoura!

What is this saying about the starter???

He has to be gone it is just blatant ridiculous now!

Brodie, the whole day starts been a shambles. First two mobiles, false starts, Standing, walk, run, wait, up... r-i-g-h-t!! The guy is actually getting worse with experience. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 30/10/2020 at 4:31 PM, the galah said:

I guess they set the precedent at addington the week before.

On 1/11/2020 at 11:55 AM, the galah said:

Its all become more confusing with these recent rulings.  

The powers that be have obviously made a conscious decision to change the way they operate. It is a shame they can't communicate this position to everyone in a transparent manner.

The Prince Teka incident was the first sighting of it which completely went against what had been done before.

When Pro Surfer was scratched because it did not score was the next example of the shift. Then, Helluva, yesterday was another example of how much the rulings have changed. It was back a bit from its position but trotted away very well. What is worrying is the horse took a full part in the race and then they asked Gavin Smith if he had a fair start or not. Could this be manipulated?

This is going to create difficult rulings in the future, eg an unruly trotter not in position at the start, any horse slightly off the gate, any horse not in a proper position should be considered a non starter. Poor behaviour could be rewarded.

Not sure if this will make the life of the starter easier or more difficult but I suppose it absolves him from any blame as his mistakes at the start of missing horses out of position doesn't matter anymore.

Late scratchings, reduced dividends and irate punters whose horses are not late scratched are going to be the new norm.

Good luck to those in charge. You will need it.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

ORLANDO MAGIC - Broke in the score up losing considerable ground. A warning was placed on the mare's barrier record. Struck pylons on the final bend when attempting to avoid a breaking runner.

SIOUX PRINCESS - Trotted roughly in the score up and was back from the unruly position at the start

SOUTHERLY CHANGE - Broke in the score up and was out of position by a considerable distance at the start. A warning was placed on the mare's barrier record.

None were on the gate in their rightful position so why weren't they scratched?

• Like 2

Personally dont think they have a clue as to what the rules are?

Most races there would be cases for horses to be late scratched going by what has been happening this week!

What is the difference between being checked at the start after the tape has been released and anytime during the race?

They have set a rather dangerous precedence this week!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Personally dont think they have a clue as to what the rules are?

Most races there would be cases for horses to be late scratched going by what has been happening this week!

What is the difference between being checked at the start after the tape has been released and anytime during the race?

They have set a rather dangerous precedence this week!

It is interesting that these rule changes only seem to apply when Lamb is the starter. As Happy said, from now on if a horse gets checked at the start, or is not standing straight, or out of line when "Right" booms out, the trainer/driver/owner can ask to be late scratched. Perhaps the horsemen/women have decided this is the only way they can take action against Lamb. They must get sick of his shambolic starts as much as we do?

• Like 3

So nothing on the Box Seat about the starts. It really is just a preview and review show. 

There should have been a part of the show devoted to the changing policy as the start is the most important talking point of the Cup. Copy That drawn 1, Self Assured off the unruly and Classie Brigade the widest of all. 

What are the odds of Self Assured being a late scratching on Tuesday because of the start? Imagine him swinging sideways before the tapes go and the rest are off and running?

But, I suppose they can't expose the highly deficient and unacceptable standing starts and the rulings that go with them can they.

• Like 1