Bit Of A Yarn

Cup Day Presenters

Mikie

I think that the bungled Cup start and the resultant outcry has been a blessing in disguise for Marc Cookson

His questions of winners were cringe worthy

I can't remember the exact wording as I was recoiling in horror but didn't he ask Mark Purdon if it was a thrill to win a big race?

Did he think Mark would say no?

Also didn't he ask Mark if he had any other worries with Self Assured other than his starting manners? Of course he didn't you pork chop

Mikie

Edited by Mikie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

Aiden Rodley at Riccarton isn't much better.  Don't get me wrong it is nice to see some recently departed trainers/owners get some wins.  But geez he does go on and on and on and on.....  

Noodlum, why would you be watching galloping??

Boring as hell, might as well watch the dogs as well!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Noodlum, why would you be watching galloping??

Boring as hell, might as well watch the dogs as well!

Popular all round the world , is run by professionals, higher stakes and resale values,bigger pools to punt into resulting in massive liquidity. I could go on but you should have got the picture by now Mr Brodie. Great day at Riccarton today with a lot of repeat young  attendees who even go when carnivals are over. BGP made it a lot of fun 

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, globederby12 said:

Yes, cringe worthy alright. One sometimes wonders at what goes through Marks mind being asked such banal stuff. Ever gracious in response as always. Mind you with the amount of big race wins they have had, its really just another day at the office. 

Mark was extremely gracious, but I'm sure I saw him shaking his head as he jogged off

(jogged off in the cart, not on his feet)

Mikie

1 hour ago, Mikie said:

Mark was extremely gracious, but I'm sure I saw him shaking his head as he jogged off

(jogged off in the cart, not on his feet)

Mikie

Maybe it would be better to do an interview after all the paperwork after the race is over,you do catch them in the heat of the moment and sometimes the interview is a bit gibberish,maybe Cookson will learn and do better next time,Greg O Connor was not too bad at that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Popular all round the world , is run by professionals, higher stakes and resale values,bigger pools to punt into resulting in massive liquidity. I could go on but you should have got the picture by now Mr Brodie. Great day at Riccarton today with a lot of repeat young  attendees who even go when carnivals are over. BGP made it a lot of fun 

Personally I think harness racing is getting a bit mundane to be honest,the better gallops from oz are a top product,the trots at present just repeat after repeat but it is what it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Personally I think harness racing is getting a bit mundane to be honest,the better gallops from oz are a top product,the trots at present just repeat after repeat but it is what it is.

Mundane if you can not get much in Mikey!

Hopefully the new CEO gets on to the NZ TABs case and asks for a better deal for their harness punters!!!

12 hours ago, Brodie said:

Mundane if you can not get much in Mikey!

Hopefully the new CEO gets on to the NZ TABs case and asks for a better deal for their harness punters!!!

2 hopes. Bob and none. The days of snipers pulling.off the punt are over in terms of Harness  and Hounds 

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Like 1