Bit Of A Yarn

Vale: Peter (Bluey) Hope

Chief Stipe

Peter HOPE Obituary

premiumobit_candle.jpg?v=2?v=0x000000007

HOPE, Peter Noel (Bluey):
On November 13, 2020, peacefully with his loving wife Mary (of 62 years) by his side, in his 90th year. Dearly loved and respected father and father-in-law of Virginia Hope and Phillip Pratt; Bernadette Viberg, Greg and Nina Hope, Mary-Louise Hope and Dane Runow. Special Grandad and Blu to Fraser, Cameron and Alana; Magnus, Gunnar; Ben and Tom; Isabella and Lily. Great-Grandad of Flynn, Katie-Mary and Thomas. A loved brother, uncle and friend to many.
R.I.P.
Messages to Apartment 21, 130 Middle Renwick Road, Blenheim 7201 or www.cloudybayfunerals.co.nz In lieu of flowers, a donation to St Vincent de Paul, 63 High Street, Blenheim, would be appreciated or may be made at the service. A Requiem Mass will be celebrated at St Mary's Catholic Church, Maxwell Road, Blenheim, on Tuesday, November 17, at 11.00am, followed by private cremation.

Published in The Press on Nov. 14, 2020
  • Like 1

Love this biased shot Chief- mind you i dont expect anything else from you these days

"I'm surprised JJ Flash you being the harness expert would know that and show some sensitivity."

One, i note you did not censure the original protagonist who bagged Bens drive or Ranga only me who suggested not to upset the parents given the resultant Curtsey at Chertsey episode which involved one of the  posters on here.

Have had correspondence from Nina and sent condolences as one does at the death of a family member.

22 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Love this biased shot Chief- mind you i dont expect anything else from you these days

"I'm surprised JJ Flash you being the harness expert would know that and show some sensitivity."

One, i note you did not censure the original protagonist who bagged Bens drive or Ranga only me who suggested not to upset the parents given the resultant Curtsey at Chertsey episode which involved one of the  posters on here.

Have had correspondence from Nina and sent condolences as one does at the death of a family member.

Yet you stir the pot by being a smart arse.  Why didn't you nail the original poster when as you are now claiming you already knew?  I didn't until I was PM'd.

11 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

lord kevello and lock rae well worthy of mention

I remember Braedoon specifically because we raced against it.  I remember doing the field assessments for my dad and it often figured.

I'd have to say that the late 70's and 80's were probably the peak of harness racing.  There were so many good horses around and the fields were as even as hell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

crafty admiral picked a tough year to be born

Used to work that horse!  Dunhill, Double Smooth and Crafty Admiral all in the same stable.

Actually Crafty Admiral changed my mind about being three wide.  I forget where it was but it sat three wide outside the leader for the entire journey and still won.

It's funny hey how we all have a wide range of views, some the same and some slightly different. See, I like the turning of the head. I'm like yes, yes, keep an eye out for any oncoming. Don’t get caught napping and lose the advantage. In saying that I don’t know the potential risk/dangers that maybe involved with doing that.

Anyway don't want to get into a dispute about it. 

6 minutes ago, Karrots said:

It's funny hey how we all have a wide range of views, some the same and some slightly different. See, I like the turning of the head. I'm like yes, yes, keep an eye out for any oncoming. Don’t get caught napping and lose the advantage. In saying that I don’t know the potential risk/dangers that maybe involved with doing that.

Anyway don't want to get into a dispute about it. 

No problem with drivers looking sideways but when your head is going backwards, not sure it is terribly safe.

Yesterday looked decidedly suspect!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mikie said:

No one else mentioned Robalan? Owned by Bluey

Mikie

Before my time,but one hell of a horse,remember my old man telling me about him.Think he raced freelegged. And an interesting stat...there is a street in Blenheim,not far from where i live actually called Robalan Place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Before my time,but one hell of a horse,remember my old man telling me about him.Think he raced freelegged. And an interesting stat...there is a street in Blenheim,not far from where i live actually called Robalan Place.

There is a Robalan Close, in Halswell, Christchurch.

Robalan had amazing finishing speed.

Raced around the time of Vanadium, Speedy Guest etc, when JW Smolenski was in his hey day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

There is a Robalan Close, in Halswell, Christchurch.

Robalan had amazing finishing speed.

Raced around the time of Vanadium, Speedy Guest etc, when JW Smolenski was in his hey day.

I saw him race great horse. I think V. Deverey was also an owner? Yes, J. W. Smolenski had a great team in those days.

• Like 1