Bit Of A Yarn

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

You go first after all you stated first there was more to it and you have "respectable sources" even if they do use the "bush telegraph".

Yes if what ex owners are hearing is true re missing funds. This drew the comment below. Once again you only ask me questions not other s

13 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

All I will say is if the allegations I’ve been hearing are true then he should get life!!

If convicted i agree. BTW , love the Dark Side comment , I'm sure Scoobie is ok with it . Are you allowed to post on there or are you banned like a few on here

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Still waiting for you to say what you heard.

See above.

1 minute ago, JJ Flash said:

Yes if what ex owners are hearing is true re missing funds. This drew the comment below. Once again you only ask me questions not other s

Geez it's like drawing teeth!  Any more detail?

1 minute ago, JJ Flash said:

If convicted i agree. BTW , love the Dark Side comment , I'm sure Scoobie is ok with it . Are you allowed to post on there or are you banned like a few on here

Why don't you post it here?  Or do you prefer your own echo chamber?

I assure you I'm not banned from any forum and those that are tend to wear that as a badge of honour.  I choose where I want to post.

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

Brilliant so the fact is you were conveying you knew more than the rest of us but in fact you know SFA!

I do know a lot more but why bother posting it here when you attack everything i post. One question leads to another and so on .Your the expert know it all on here and everywhere else , you tell us

Im amazed given your history that you took so long to start your usual questions after i post something or have you been too busy studying TAB accounts for 19/20 season that were tabled in Parliament last week. 

• Bad Post 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Geez it's like drawing teeth!  Any more detail?

Not for you

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I assure you I'm not banned from any forum and those that are tend to wear that as a badge of honour.  I choose where I want to post.

That was addressed to Blossum

• Bad Post 2

3 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

I do know a lot more but why bother posting it here when you attack everything i post. One question leads to another and so on .Your the expert know it all on here and everywhere else , you tell us

Oh now you know something.....we've all seen that before.

3 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Im amazed given your history that you took so long to start your usual questions after i post something or have you been too busy studying TAB accounts for 19/20 season that were tabled in Parliament last week. 

I don't have time for works of fiction!  Of course you don't post your erudite cogent analysis of the financials because you know you will be torn to shreds!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

I won't attack you JJ. I'm still curious. Maybe now more curious.

Mental health, sickness/health-wise or needs a break then I take the - let them heal and let it be route. 

Heading down another track and I'm interested in the details. The factual details. I guess if nothing comes out on here, maybe something might come out elsewhere at a later date ... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

So you are not free to say what the 'cloud' is on a website like this as it is not appropriate?

Regardless of what is going on re Mitch this unfolded 5 days ago and as you've mentioned nothing from harness media I can find.... This Kid is/was one of the best conditioners and produced some super quick horses in the last few years, he's not a bloke with only 5 horses like Dennis the Menace but a full time industry participant with a large stable/property/staff/investors etc and from a betting point of view a decent punting stable ...

So where are these harness media blokes and do they care or are they told to ignore certain lines of stories.

Matt Markham

Mick Guerin

Dave Di Somma 

Andrew Fitzgerald

Garrick Knight

Barry Lichter

Jonny Turner

Joshua Smith

Most of them are on Twitter and are very selective on what they comment on and this topic is no different.

No wonder punters lose confidence in this industry, too much secret squirrel stuff goes on but it all stems from the top, they turn a blind eye to nearly everything and just hope the tough issues just fade away.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

So you are not free to say what the 'cloud' is on a website like this as it is not appropriate?

Yes. If i had PM function would be more than happy to tell you what 2 sets of owners have told me. As this may go further im not going to speculate on any forum as to its potential outcome. A bit like INCA they are all innocent until proven guilty in my book

Edited by JJ Flash

13 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Regardless of what is going on re Mitch this unfolded 5 days ago and as you've mentioned nothing from harness media I can find.... This Kid is/was one of the best conditioners and produced some super quick horses in the last few years, he's not a bloke with only 5 horses like Dennis the Menace but a full time industry participant with a large stable/property/staff/investors etc and from a betting point of view a decent punting stable ...

So where are these harness media blokes and do they care or are they told to ignore certain lines of stories.

Matt Markham

Mick Guerin

Dave Di Somma 

Andrew Fitzgerald

Garrick Knight

Barry Lichter

Jonny Turner

Joshua Smith

Most of them are on Twitter and are very selective on what they comment on and this topic is no different.

No wonder punters lose confidence in this industry, too much secret squirrel stuff goes on but it all stems from the top, they turn a blind eye to nearly everything and just hope the tough issues just fade away.

Great post, especially the last part

13 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Yes. If i had PM function would be more than happy to tell you what 2 sets of owners have told me. As this may go further im not going to speculate on any forum as to its potential outcome. A bit like INCA they are all innocent until proven guilty in my book

FFS what are you actually smoking?  Happy to spread information in private messages using this forum but not post publicly what you know.  Which means one of two things - you actually know nothing or what you think you know wouldn't stand up to scrutiny.

As for INCA - have you found anyone guilty yet?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rangatira said:

no pm function seems rather odd

probably just a temporary glitch in a well oiled chat site

Nope JJ lost his privilege of using PM.  That happened when I was informed that he was actively promoting and trying to encourage posters to move to another site and making derogatory comments.  The PM function isn't a right nor is removing it a conflict with the principle of free speech.

Now he will say that is hypocrisy on my part as I condoned it when others did it when moving here.  That is not correct either.  Not only did I not have the power to stop people I didn't condone or encourage it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Nope JJ lost his privilege of using PM.  That happened when I was informed that he was actively promoting and trying to encourage posters to move to another site and making derogatory comments.  The PM function isn't a right nor is removing it a conflict with the principle of free speech.

will he be out of the naughty corner by the days end ?

seems he has some goss to privately share

yours etc

rangatira parker

Edited by Rangatira

1 minute ago, Rangatira said:

will he be out of the naughty corner by the days end ?

seems he has some goss to privately share

yours etc

rangatira parker

Nope.  If he does indeed have "goss to share" he can share it publicly.  Otherwise it is just gossip.  Harness racing seems to be very good at bringing down its own.  If he is sure of his "sources" and what "he knows" then he should share it. 

To get back on topic. This case is disturbing. If true it is another step closer to the graveyard for harness racing. Sad but true. I think it would be fairly easy to con someone into buying and paying training fees for a non-existent horse if the owner was naive about racing or living overseas. Why does a young fella like this do something like this? Has he had it too good? Perhaps, he frequents dodgy circles. It's madness how the hell did he think he was going to get away with it forever? 

These are just my random thoughts and I am not accusing anyone of any criminal intent. If allegations true, or worse, it will damage harness racing irreparably. 

2 minutes ago, Davis said:

To get back on topic. This case is disturbing. If true it is another step closer to the graveyard for harness racing. Sad but true. I think it would be fairly easy to con someone into buying and paying training fees for a non-existent horse if the owner was naive about racing or living overseas. Why does a young fella like this do something like this? Has he had it too good? Perhaps, he frequents dodgy circles. It's madness how the hell did he think he was going to get away with it forever? 

These are just my random thoughts and I am not accusing anyone of any criminal intent. If allegations true, or worse, it will damage harness racing irreparably. 

Exactly, between him and former stable driver/foreman Matt Anderson many many questions need to be asked........ the need to do the above requires intent to deceive and lets be honest if you're doing something a little dodgy and getting away with it you go again and again and again and more than likely try and find another sucker to do it to as well.

Imagine the owners in some of the syndicate's of his horses, could potentially be dozens or hundreds of them, they'll get the shits with the industry and get out but telling their mates how corrupt the harness game is and so on and so and so on..... until word of mouth and mud sticking talk equates to 1000s of potential harness racing owners or punters are wiped out, all the while the suits sit back with crossed fingers that they'll still have a nice job and perks without even caring they haven't got off their ass to clean up the public perception of the business.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Davis said:

Hang on a bit it happens in the other codes too.

Lesson one:  never ever be an absentee owner if you own a horse.  If you don't see it physically from time to time then I'd question why you were in the game.

Lesson two:  Most horse trainers, if not all, are traders.  Especially in NZ as that's the only way they can stay afloat.  If you accept that then you will view your ownership differently.

Now with those lessons in mind you'll notice a whole lot of other rorts.  For example and this is a Thoroughbred one - the Pre-Trainer fees vs the Trainer fees.

I was at the trials with a couple of friends and we were watching one of their horse's.  "How long has your horse been at the Trainer's?"  "About 5 weeks - why?"  "Well how come it hasn't been groomed like the trainers others - tail and mane cut etc?"

51 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Exactly, between him and former stable driver/foreman Matt Anderson many many questions need to be asked........ the need to do the above requires intent to deceive and lets be honest if you're doing something a little dodgy and getting away with it you go again and again and again and more than likely try and find another sucker to do it to as well.

Imagine the owners in some of the syndicate's of his horses, could potentially be dozens or hundreds of them, they'll get the shits with the industry and get out but telling their mates how corrupt the harness game is and so on and so and so on..... until word of mouth and mud sticking talk equates to 1000s of potential harness racing owners or punters are wiped out, all the while the suits sit back with crossed fingers that they'll still have a nice job and perks without even caring they haven't got off their ass to clean up the public perception of the business.

Van Beynen of the press will be sharping his pencil for another hit job on Harness Racing. The sport he loathes and is determined to bring down. All Stars gone, now this... harness has a bleak future.

• Like 1