Bit Of A Yarn

19 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Dave. How wrong you are as some friends were Kerr clients and thats where my info comes from. There is obviously more to this than is out there at present.

Fell free to enlighten the team on here if you so desire on what you have heard

Close but not close enough. Dave said to say hi to Greg or Paul or perhaps is it Gregory Paul!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Noodlum said:

Hang on a bit it happens in the other codes too.

Lesson one:  never ever be an absentee owner if you own a horse.  If you don't see it physically from time to time then I'd question why you were in the game.

Lesson two:  Most horse trainers, if not all, are traders.  Especially in NZ as that's the only way they can stay afloat.  If you accept that then you will view your ownership differently.

Now with those lessons in mind you'll notice a whole lot of other rorts.  For example and this is a Thoroughbred one - the Pre-Trainer fees vs the Trainer fees.

I was at the trials with a couple of friends and we were watching one of their horse's.  "How long has your horse been at the Trainer's?"  "About 5 weeks - why?"  "Well how come it hasn't been groomed like the trainers others - tail and mane cut etc?"

I actually agree that owners need to be realistic.

Whether they have a 100% share in a horse, or someone running a syndicate with multiple owners ,they need to realise that harness racing has the same small % of people who lack integrity as does any other sector/occupation.

Owners need to show oversight of where their money is being spent,and need to form their own opinions on who is best to deal with,and not be influenced by some with ulterior motives.

In this day and age the more progressive trainers can easily give video  updates to owners wanting to see the progress in real time of their horses which will fill the void of not seeing them in the flesh. I saw the dalgety/purdon stable was promoting this type of information sharing a while back, and you would think other trainers and owners would have recognised the benefits of doing so.

Finally i think there does need to be some type of official oversight which can be called upon by owners who have doubts that they are getting a fair deal. If we are to believe what has been suggested on here has occurred, then  there should be some type of official report, and procedures put in place which will lead to the perception of greater integrity by all sides.  Bad publicity can easily be turned into good publicity if handled correctly.

Also i think in Kerr's case we need to be cautious, as unlike some recent cases, we have not seen with our own eyes the evidence to form our own opinions, nor  do we currently have context.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, the galah said:

I actually agree that owners need to be realistic.

Whether they have a 100% share in a horse, or someone running a syndicate with multiple owners ,they need to realise that harness racing has the same small % of people who lack integrity as does any other sector/occupation.

Owners need to show oversight of where their money is being spent,and need to form their own opinions on who is best to deal with,and not be influenced by some with ulterior motives.

In this day and age the more progressive trainers can easily give video  updates to owners wanting to see the progress in real time of their horses which will fill the void of not seeing them in the flesh. I saw the dalgety/purdon stable was promoting this type of information sharing a while back, and you would think other trainers and owners would have recognised the benefits of doing so.

Finally i think there does need to be some type of official oversight which can be called upon by owners who have doubts that they are getting a fair deal. If we are to believe what has been suggested on here has occurred, then  there should be some type of official report, and procedures put in place which will lead to the perception of greater integrity by all sides.  Bad publicity can easily be turned into good publicity if handled correctly.

Also i think in Kerr's case we need to be cautious, as unlike some recent cases, we have not seen with our own eyes the evidence to form our own opinions, nor  do we currently have context.

Agree, and I can not yet draw any informative conclusion from what has been presented. Its just a wait and see for me.

Will leave it up to others to have their ears to the ground. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

Close but not close enough. Dave said to say hi to Greg or Paul or perhaps is it Gregory Paul!

Keep guessing as to my identity.  See if you are half as bad as Boag. Your matching him so far and so is Dave

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Haha 1
  • Bad Post 1

There have always been stories in harness racing going back generations about harness trainers.

I have been told many times over the years about horses not being worked as often as they should be and yet owners still get full bills!

Many trainers didnt welcome owners out to watch the horse work without plenty of notice so they could dust the  horse off and get it ready.

This sounds like a far worse case and not looking overly promising for him unfortunately

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

jj flash how many accounts do you have? as you have so many  just to name the ones we know of are cross codes (bitofayarn  )newmarket Channel X kane21 bitofayarn  hunter the punter Channel X and fartoomuch Channel X  your just a nasty shit stirring old prick mr howley

and rangatira on bit of a yarn ?

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

jj flash how many accounts do you have? as you have so many  just to name the ones we know of are cross codes (bitofayarn  )newmarket Channel X kane21 bitofayarn  hunter the punter Channel X and fartoomuch Channel X  your just a nasty shit stirring old prick mr howley

how come when you post there is a andie cap add after you post . condom head lol

Took a peak at box seat last nite. And a nice interview with Dexter Dunn. Hope someone puts his name forward for NZ sportsperson of year.

They also briefly touched on the Kerr thing, how horses had been transferred and how as things evolve, guessing things will come out. (Something along those lines - to get the exact wording, people will have to watch box-seat themselves). Poker face, was very good. I could not get any indication in anyway or direction, what it maybe about. 

• Haha 1